Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

19 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Remember how many draft pundits and pretty much everyone here had Iowa's Desmond King as a 1st rd/top 50 pick, then watched as he fell to 5th rd ... I get the feeling this may happen with AJ Epenesa as well. His stock seems to be falling off as draft draws closer. 

BTW....the Chargers are possibly interested in moving King. 

200.gif

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I kind of doubt the Cowboys would do it, but I think it would be smart.

It’s pretty likely that you’d be able to leverage him into more than the #17 pick in the future, and that’s if he doesn’t become the generational starter he often looked like at Alabama and you choose him over Dak.

That he was going to be a 30 visit is the main one. We know Dallas’ history with 30 visit guys. I wanna say they interviewed him at the combine too but I may be wrong on that one. I think if Chaisson is off the board, we should be prepped for it

1 minute ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

That he was going to be a 30 visit is the main one. We know Dallas’ history with 30 visit guys. I wanna say they interviewed him at the combine too but I may be wrong on that one. I think if Chaisson is off the board, we should be prepped for it

Tua was going to be a 30 visit? 

32 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I’m sure there are at least another dozen guys who fit that profile, too. In 2018, The Cowboys brought in 11 players with first round projections, but was Taven Bryan really ever going to be a possible pick in any scenario at #19?

Broaddus said this afternoon that LB isn’t a priority for Cowboys.

Maybe you could see it in a trade back, or if he falls to #51. Even then, I think it’s unlikely. But I would bet a lot of money that it won’t be at #17. 

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Remember how many draft pundits and pretty much everyone here had Iowa's Desmond King as a 1st rd/top 50 pick, then watched as he fell to 5th rd ... I get the feeling this may happen with AJ Epenesa as well. His stock seems to be falling off as draft draws closer. 

BTW....the Chargers are possibly interested in moving King. 

I’d throw a Conditional 5th at them and see if they bite.

15 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m sure there are at least another dozen guys who fit that profile, too. In 2018, The Cowboys brought in 11 players with first round projections, but was Taven Bryan really ever going to be a possible pick in any scenario at #19?

Broaddus said this afternoon that LB isn’t a priority for Cowboys.

Maybe you could see it in a trade back, or if he falls to #51. Even then, I think it’s unlikely. But I would bet a lot of money that it won’t be at #17. 

Of course, they're going to do homework on plenty of guys. I'm not saying I'm going to bet on Murray being the pick, just that we shouldn't discount the possibility.

If Broaddus said that, he's doing some flip flopping I guess, because I read earlier in the week that he felt it was very much a possibility/priority. If something caused him to change his stance, that's great imo.

10 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Of course, they're going to do homework on plenty of guys. I'm not saying I'm going to bet on Murray being the pick, just that we shouldn't discount the possibility.

If Broaddus said that, he's doing some flip flopping I guess, because I read earlier in the week that he felt it was very much a possibility/priority. If something caused him to change his stance, that's great imo.

Within a 24 hour period on Twitter, Broaddus said these two things:

-“Starting to hear whispers about LB at #17”

and

-“LB is not a position they would look at early”

Everything one of these guys says has to be taken with a grain of salt. We’ve both been following draft tea leaves for a long time. I don’t think anyone needs to worry about Murray at #17. We’ll find out soon enough.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Dude's been pretty good hasn't he? Not sure that would be enough for them to take the bait. 

You know Plan's negotiating.    Someone offers him a dozen each filet and lobster.   Plan,  "Would you take an Arby's 2 for $5 Beef 'n' Cheddar coupon" ?   It's very possible they let go of him reasonably cheap.   He's slated to be a free agent, after this year with both Joey Bosa and Keenan Allen.   TBH,   I wouldn't really want to offer much more than what Plan said.  King's a good corner, and returner,   but is he gonna want set the market money?   For a 5th,   I'm ok with a 1 year rental, if we can't sign him to  a reasonable contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Dude's been pretty good hasn't he? Not sure that would be enough for them to take the bait. 

Oh, it’s not even close to a reasonable offer, but I’d do it to see what the Chargers come back with. As a buyer, never offer what you’re willing to pay; offer far less. As a seller, never ask for what you’re willing to accept; ask for far more.

30 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

You know Plan's negotiating.    Someone offers him a dozen each filet and lobster.   Plan,  "Would you take an Arby's 2 for $5 Beef 'n' Cheddar coupon" ?   It's very possible they let go of him reasonably cheap.   He's slated to be a free agent, after this year with both Joey Bosa and Keenan Allen.   TBH,   I wouldn't really want to offer much more than what Plan said.  King's a good corner, and returner,   but is he gonna want set the market money?   For a 5th,   I'm ok with a 1 year rental, if we can't sign him to  a reasonable contract.

EXACTLY. The circumstances surrounding the acquisition should always influence the compensation being asked for/offered. 

9 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’ll buy the hype on AJ Terrell. I had kind of resigned to hating him after the national championship, but I watched some more film today, and the guy can play.

I can definitely see that pick at #17 if the board gets wiped and we don’t have a decent trade offer.

I wish he’d be there in the 2nd round, but he won’t be. I think 17 is too high for him, but a trade down and then taking him may not be a bad idea if no one else is left at 17 whom we’d really want.