Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
beardown3231

Around the NFL Thread

Recommended Posts

TEN beat KC. Falcons put in work vs Brees and Co.  These games are why I never gamble for more than $20 or so. But regardless Henry is a tank. 

 

Loved seeing Kirk ball out for AZ, too bad TB looks like they'll pull it out.

 

Jets win the Toilet Bowl as Darnold improves from his burning dumpster level of play to wonderfully mediocre. 

 

Baker and Allen both looked poor today from the little I watched. I don't like either but dislike Allen much less. Meh. 

 

 

Edited by Sugashane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing Goff's horrendous performance topped the night off for me. All those weapons and he ****s the bed like that again. 11 to 9 TD/INT ratio, well worth the $57mil guaranteed.

I love seeing opposing kickers outscore Goff like today, it's how the Rams' last two postseasons have ended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Seeing Goff's horrendous performance topped the night off for me. All those weapons and he ****s the bed like that again. 11 to 9 TD/INT ratio, well worth the $57mil guaranteed.

I love seeing opposing kickers outscore Goff like today, it's how the Rams' last two postseasons have ended. 

That was a shocking performance. Wanna hear something funny ? Rams fans blame McVay for not putting him in a position to succeed. 
 

We’ve heard that around here haven’t we. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nads786 said:

That was a shocking performance. Wanna hear something funny ? Rams fans blame McVay for not putting him in a position to succeed. 
 

We’ve heard that around here haven’t we. 

 Just a bit.  Lol

 

He's trudging into Good Goff/Bad Goff territory.  He had a pretty bad game vs the Lions before Chicago owned him last year and hasn't been very good since.  Still had some big games but seems to have just as many crap ones. 

And next year he's going to be making over $30 mil for these sporadic performances.  Soon all that stockpiled talent will have top find someone else to pay between the Goff, Donald, Gurley, Ramsey deals.  See how good he looks when that WR corps gets paid elsewhere.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

 Just a bit.  Lol

 

He's trudging into Good Goff/Bad Goff territory.  He had a pretty bad game vs the Lions before Chicago owned him last year and hasn't been very good since.  Still had some big games but seems to have just as many crap ones. 

And next year he's going to be making over $30 mil for these sporadic performances.  Soon all that stockpiled talent will have top find someone else to pay between the Goff, Donald, Gurley, Ramsey deals.  See how good he looks when that WR corps gets paid elsewhere.  

I think that's the nature of this sport. GM's go all in and refuse to see anything else. Tunnel vision is real in the NFL. I sometimes wonder how smart these NFL guys really are overall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never been so wrong about something NFLwise as I have been this year in predicting Bears would be a Super Bowl contender. 

When asked why he never makes predictions I think it was Keith Jackson who said because its fastest way to make yourself look like a fool. 

It's much easier to predict failure or mediocrity because you will be right far more often.  

Training camp was very sobering, but I still had hope they would fix glaring  problems. It took me about two games to realize this was going to be a bad year and they weren't going to fix things fast enough before team broke down.  

A lot of Bears detractors predicted failure and turned out right. But they expected defense and kicker to be much worse and offense to be about same. They were right that Bears were bad, but for many wrong reasons. 

One thing I was right about though, in which few people joined me, was Ravens would surprise people.  They lost a lot of talent and aren't very talented on paper. 

Conventional thinking was DCs had them figured out and gimmick offense would be dead in water this year.  

I thought offense would be much better when not making it up in spot. That offense isn't that easy to stop with a true running. QB  like people think.  It's really hard. 

The danger is one hit ends it all.  But if you think about it that's true for a lot of offenses, if they lose their QB they are often dead.  I guess they are perceived as far less risky. Taking hits in pocket or scrambles versus designed runs.  I am not so sure.  If you are running by design you defend yourself much better and take the hit in a way you don't get hurt.  When you get blindsided and piled in pocket risk of injury is still quite high.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, malagabears said:

Garrett suspensión is indefinite.

 

Deserved.  You cannot do what Garrett did on the field last night.  I don't care how much he was provoked.. that was completely  uncalled for and that garbage doesn't belong anywhere.

Edited by topwop1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foles started well but is getting jumpy. Pressure seems to be getting to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 8:33 AM, dll2000 said:

One thing I was right about though, in which few people joined me, was Ravens would surprise people.  They lost a lot of talent and aren't very talented on paper. 

Conventional thinking was DCs had them figured out and gimmick offense would be dead in water this year.  

I thought offense would be much better when not making it up in spot. That offense isn't that easy to stop with a true running. QB  like people think.  It's really hard. 

The danger is one hit ends it all.  But if you think about it that's true for a lot of offenses, if they lose their QB they are often dead.  I guess they are perceived as far less risky. Taking hits in pocket or scrambles versus designed runs.  I am not so sure.  If you are running by design you defend yourself much better and take the hit in a way you don't get hurt.  When you get blindsided and piled in pocket risk of injury is still quite high.  

Their offense is far more conventional this year though, isn't it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching NE vs PHI and the refs actually corrected the call on the TD using the review. Is it bad I was shocked the corrected the call? Lol

Even though I think the season is sunk I still find myself rooting against all the good NFC teams, even when they play NE. Why? Being a Bears fan is like an addiction to ridiculousness. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Danny Shelton is a guy I still would like to get at a reasonable price. Eats up double teams, he has become damn hard to handle 1 on 1 for the Eagles guys, and pursues hard down the line and after the QB. He got seriously overhyped predraft but he has grown into a solid player. 

Not as good as Hicks or Goldman but way better than anyone else we have trying to keep our LBs clean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 9:08 AM, dll2000 said:

Okay this is funny:

 

The refs will do the Lambeau Leap before we die. I'm certain of it. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×