Around the NFL Thread

beardown3231

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Don't think so. At least, not in the conventional sense. Mack will be super motivated, and I think it's pretty clear to everybody that the Raiders are already much improved from last year. 

He had a chance to play it off last night when he was on that nightmare of a show with Deion Sanders and made it clear that this game is personal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Bears going strictly for business and no leisure. I like that.

Nagy discussed it today. He said that's what they did in 2015 and the Chiefs played really well. Said it gave them time to walk the city on Friday afternoon then practice at a field on Friday night with music and the players loved it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Bummer. 

Man have to feel bad for Fangio.  Left this great Bears D to do his own thing yet doesn't realize what he got himself into with Elway.

I will say though that Broncos shot themselves in the foot yesterday.  They should not have lost that game after being up by more than a TD at half time.  That falls on the coaching.

5 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Man have to feel bad for Fangio.  Left this great Bears D to do his own thing yet doesn't realize what he got himself into with Elway.

I don't think so tbh.

He's getting paid more and gets the job he wanted. He's been in the league long enough to know all about Elway being a scumbag, he was willing to deal with that for likely his only real shot at being a HC.  I'm sure he knew that defense wouldn't be at the level the 18 Bears were. 

Sometimes you just have to deal with some garbage to get what you want. If/when he gets fired he will have a list of teams to choose from as a DC.