Eliminating ties

pf9

5 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

After OT the teams should go to a kick off. Similar to a shoot out but with FG kicking. And keep pushing the field goal 5 yards back until someone misses.

Just an idea to make game more entertaining. And makes have a good special teams even more important

tenor.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep.

Like, why are we playing the game if there’s not gonna be a winner and a loser?

Theyre the equivalent to a participation trophy.

nah, they are equivalent to both teams getting no prizes or ice cream after the game.

they all go home puzzled on how they should feel.

its great!

On 9/8/2019 at 11:44 PM, lancerman said:

You know what, if you don't win in 60 minutes you don't deserve to win. If you cant do it in 75 minutes, piss off. 

That was the Old School approach. Now we only get 70 Min. However,  I still agree!!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

My thing is a game should be won or loss. 

Theres plenty of options and the one I like is penalty kicks. 

Give Tucker vs Lutz kicking 50 yard bombs back and forth until the other breaks. 

I suppose for the Bears and Vikings, they could go a couple yards closer after each miss

• Like 1

On 9/8/2019 at 10:42 PM, RamRod said:

Why do people hate ties so much?

Because having players literally murder their bodies and us sitting through a 3+ hour game with no winner is ******* stupid. The NHL did the right thing by getting rid of them because both the players AND the viewers suffer for it.

We had a great game between the Lions and Cards RUINED because of it.

Make the playoff OT rules the same for regular season or at least bring back the old OT rules.

The current system is fine. 

If you can’t win in 60 minutes plus OT, you deserve the tie. They’re rare enough. I’ve been watching the Patriots since 1986, and they haven’t played to a tie since they were in the AFL in the 1960s. 

The last thing we want is to be like the NHL and institute some kind of gimmick to decide tie games. It’s fine the way it is. 

• Like 1