Buy / Sell / Hold

Forge

40 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Does Rashaad Penny over take Carson?

I just traded Carson for Galloday and Damien Williams

then in a separate trade sent Demarcus Robinson for Penny

Honestly, I'm kind of buying both Penny and Carson right now. Truth is, I don't know where they go, but this fumbling thing with Carson is very new I'm pretty sure. I don't think he's had fumbling issues in the past in his NFL or college career. I think that Penny can be had for a very reasonable price if the owner isn't thinking about it, and I think Carson's value is slightly depressed right now, and I'm buying him if I can get him for a flex + bench player. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Dak, what are you guys doing with him? It looks like I'll have to ride with him for another few weeks. The FA pool isn't pretty either.

Sunday was really his first bad game if the season. 3 of his next four are Philly, Jets and Giants. He will be fine. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I think he'll be fine vs GB? Historically, Dak has been in shootouts with A rod.

I think Dak is largely an every week start. Obviously really bad game yesterday, but unless you have another legit qb1, I don't think that you need to worry about playing matchups. At least, I wouldn't. Unless its the bears / bills, I'm pretty much fine with every other defense. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think Dak is largely an every week start. Obviously really bad game yesterday, but unless you have another legit qb1, I don't think that you need to worry about playing matchups. At least, I wouldn't. Unless its the bears / bills, I'm pretty much fine with every other defense. 

I'm just overreacting lol. I was up 55 points, projected to win 211-166, then the 4 pm games happen. I lost the lead but was still projected to win. I had Dak, Maher and Jessie Bates left. I'm thinking i'm ok but Dak ends up with just 19 points, I lost the game on Monday night. Owner I was playing had James Conner but I would of won if Dak had given me 2 tds or so.

On 9/26/2019 at 8:47 AM, Forge said:

I'm selling James Connor. If you have him, hope for a good game against the Bengals to maximize value and then get out of that business. 

Still sticking with this, but he may be a stud in ppr moving forward because Rudolph checks down everything, apparently lol. Still don't like him running the football. 

I give: Melvin Gordon 
I get: Patrick Mahomes

10 team, 0.5 PPR, 1 QB league .. I'm 3-1 [first]

Other team: Has Goff and weak RBs (Carson/Lindsay/RoJo)
My team: Has Matt Ryan + strong RBs (Gurley/Gordon/Jacobs/Ekeler/Darrel Williams/Barkley [IR])

Playoff Schedule:
Mahomes: @NE, vsDEN, @CHI [can it get any worst?]
Ryan: vsCAR, @SF, vsJAX

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Still sticking with this, but he may be a stud in ppr moving forward because Rudolph checks down everything, apparently lol. Still don't like him running the football. 

I'm encouraged by what I saw from Conner last night. Obviously he's not gonna get the Bengals every week, but he has a plus schedule and it seemed clear that the Steelers want to make him a central part of the offense with Rudolph at QB and looked to manufacture ways to get him into space where he showed some explosion and burst off some chunk plays. I feel comfortable with him moving forward as a high volume RB2 with a decently safe floor and a high ceiling week to week. 

Just now, BaltimoreTerp said:

I'm encouraged by what I saw from Conner last night. Obviously he's not gonna get the Bengals every week, but he has a plus schedule and it seemed clear that the Steelers want to make him a central part of the offense with Rudolph at QB and looked to manufacture ways to get him into space where he showed some explosion and burst off some chunk plays. I feel comfortable with him moving forward as a high volume RB2 with a decently safe floor and a high ceiling week to week. 

The thing is, I think that if he gets his this year, it's going to be the way David Johnson gets his, if that makes sense. I don't think that either is going to be overly productive running the football, but if last night was a true indication of the Steelers moving forward, he could legit get 6 receptions a night out of the backfield, and that would be huge in a ppr league. In a standard league, I'm probably going away from him, but I will admit that there is an opening for a really nice season now in a somewhat unexpected manner. It won't be pretty, but obviously catching all those checkdowns and scripted pass plays is a boon in ppr. 

I also think that it puts Jaylen Samuels (someone I was bullish on going into drafts) back into the rb3 / flex consideration for ppr leagues.