Buy / Sell / Hold

Forge

3 hours ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Who's the more valuable back? Howard or Sanders?

Right now for sure it is Howard. But I’m not dropping Sanders just to drop him. If there is someone on your waiver wire you need that can upgrade your team now then yeah, you might have to drop him. But I think Sanders value can and will increase later in the season 

22 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Depends on your team and what is out there on the waiver wire to get, but I always looked at him as some who I’d stash the first half of the year and get more value the 2nd half of the year. I’m personally holding him 

I always envisioned him as a second half player as well. 

It's too bad my team is 0-5 in the league I have him lol lost 3 games by total of like 20 points. Having him, David Montgomery, tyreek hill, Hunter Henry and Mike Williams has been brutal. 

Good thing is, I convinced this league to become a keeper league 

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Why does one have to go?

In a league where you can only start 2 RBs. I have 4: Cook, Chubb, Carson, and Gordon. My WRs are below average: Lockett, Chark, Ridley, McLauren, and Green.

another owner said he’d trade me Devonte Adams for one of those two guys.

1 hour ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

In a league where you can only start 2 RBs. I have 4: Cook, Chubb, Carson, and Gordon. My WRs are below average: Lockett, Chark, Ridley, McLauren, and Green.

another owner said he’d trade me Devonte Adams for one of those two guys.

18 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Gordon. Done deal.

Offer Gordon and see if he bites.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Who are you selling/holding out of these two RBs... one has to go:

Nick Chubb

Cris Carson

Would depend on what the return was for each, as much of a cop-out answer as that sounds.

If you need a tie-breaker, keep the guy who has already had his bye.

16 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I’d be getting Devonte Adams

I realize you have a glut of high end RB's, but I'd be looking to get back more than an underachieving WR1 who has put up huge numbers in the past, but that was in a different offensive system.  Top flight RB's are harder to come by, so I'd be looking to get something in addition to Devante... even if it mean shipping one of the lesser among your WR's in a package along with which RB you send (if it's a PPR-variant league as opposed to a standard league, Lockett might be a good candidate as he's got better standard value - though bear in mind that the Seahawks traditionally finish fantasy seasons extremely strong: Carson was the RB3 in the league over the last 5 weeks of the fantasy season last year).  Honestly, unless it's a dynasty league, I'd ship McLaurin of the guys you've got, mostly because with his upcoming slate of games, he's going to end up riding your bench anyway, particularly if you acquire Adams.

Really depends on your format.  If it's standard and roster structure allows you to start 3 RB's a week, I would want some other RB back so that you weren't backed into flexing Melvin Gordon rest of season.  Ekeler's outperformed him (for good reason, Gordon's vision is a wet fart) and you have to figure at some point the coaching staff is going to put two and two together - not to mention that OL keeps taking injury hits, only one RB on the Chargers' roster has shown the ability to adjust to poor blocking... and it ain't Gordon.  He's a match-up-based Flex option rest of season for me and I doubt I'll elevate him much above that even if reasons surface for an adjustment.

Honestly though, it's a weird scenario to be in.  Carson has been one of "my guys" all season (I went out of my way to acquire him in both my money leagues) and historic trends in fantasy football say that it's extremely rare you find RB's with Top 5 fantasy finishes on the year that aren't on winning teams.  It's a statistic that makes sense - and the exceptions to the rule tend to be the guys who are both getting use as absolute 3-down-backs (so they're getting passing down usage) and are upper tier YAC guys (this is how David Johnson managed to hold on, despite being on losing teams).  My point being, most historical signs point to some easement and regression in Chubb's performance from what we've seen thus far this season.  He is definitely good enough after catch, but will he get the touches is kind of up in the air right now.  I've been fairly confident Hunt isn't going to make a huge cut into his workload, but Kitchens and company likely expected to be a bit more improved in the record department than they currently are, so there's no telling what they do.

• Like 1

@The LBC The league is Point per reception and point per rushing attempt, but only 1 RB slot and a flex, so you can only start 2 RBs. Anyway, I wound up keeping Chubb and Carson. I spoke with another owner and I gave up Gordon for OBJ straight up. I thought this was fair, both underperforming, but have upside. Gordon was never cracking my lineup, so getting a WR with top 5 upside if he turns it around is a win for my roster. Roster currently looked like this:

QB- Murray

RBs- Cook, Chubb, Carson, (will probably drop Ridley for Hunt/Guice)

WR- Lockett, OBJ, Chark, Sanu, Ridley, AJ Green

TE- Kelce