Buy / Sell / Hold

Forge

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I was offered Boyd for McLaurin. Solid outlook ROS?

That's a tremendous offer.  Boyd is closer to being the sure thing but Scary Terry has more upside IMO.  He's the better athlete and is the #1 in an offense with less mouths to feed.  I  just accepted an offer on my dynasty league team that is in a rebuild.   I got offered McLaurin for MVS and hit accept immediately.  Saying that though, it was a swap of taxi/ practice squad WRs who aren't playing for me this year.

I'm probably taking that deal but I  would completely understand if one didn't like it.  Boyd is a borderline top 25 WR who's now in a pass happy offense.  Doesn't sound like Green is coming back anytime soon.  That's a tough accept though.  Never like trading a high upside rookies this early that has looked that good.  Gotta imagine the owners that shipped Micheal Thomas off early in his rookie year were kicking themselves as the season went on.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Saosin said:

Looking at possibly trading one of my QBs for an RB.

QBs:

Mat Ryan

Dak Prescott

Mat Ryan seems like the obvious choice between the two ATM but will I regret not having him on my roster?

Also the RBs in question would be David Johnson, Leonard Fornette or Derek Henry(Long shot...).

Should I trade or should I keep both?

Assuming this isn't a super flex or 2 QB league I wouldn't even consider any of those backs for any QB in the league but PAT M if I were their owners.  If you've got an owner or owners that are willing to give you one of those backs I'd jump immediately.  I'd shop whatever one the other owner wanted.  

Looking at my team, I have a lot of WR depth but lack a true workhorse RB. Who is a RB that I can buy now for a moderate price but could end up as a top 10 runner? 

My WRs are: OBJ, Tyreek, Diggs, Mike Williams, Sutton, MVS, Deebo Samuel

My RBs are: Montgomery, Breida, Freeman, Sanders, Malcom Brown

Its .5 ppr, and there are 2 flex spots, so realistically I can just play my top 4 WRs and then mix and match running backs once Tyreek comes back. With that being said, I do really like the depth I have at that spot and I think the last 3 WRs I have are all going to get better as the year goes on, especially deebo. 

I am thinking of packaging Diggs and Freeman for Josh Jacobs and Christian Kirk. I dont know if the guy will bite though. Outside of Josh Jacobs, what other runners would be worth trading Diggs for? Or potentially OBJ? EDIT: Yeah, the guy said there is no way he trades Josh Jacobs and that he 'doesnt make trades"... 

Apparently Tyreek is out of the sling and was dribbling a basketball yesterday. That is encouraging. 

Edited by N4L

7 hours ago, Forge said:

I like mclaurin a lot, but I think I'd take it

9 hours ago, SSG said:

That's a tremendous offer.  Boyd is closer to being the sure thing but Scary Terry has more upside IMO.  He's the better athlete and is the #1 in an offense with less mouths to feed.  I  just accepted an offer on my dynasty league team that is in a rebuild.   I got offered McLaurin for MVS and hit accept immediately.  Saying that though, it was a swap of taxi/ practice squad WRs who aren't playing for me this year.

I'm probably taking that deal but I  would completely understand if one didn't like it.  Boyd is a borderline top 25 WR who's now in a pass happy offense.  Doesn't sound like Green is coming back anytime soon.  That's a tough accept though.  Never like trading a high upside rookies this early that has looked that good.  Gotta imagine the owners that shipped Micheal Thomas off early in his rookie year were kicking themselves as the season went on.  

Thanks for the feedback.

I was also offered Kupp for Lockett. Seattle's offense is so shaky and I think I like Kupp going forward since Goff seems to key in on him.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:52 PM, festiveonion said:

Being offered OBJ and White for Kamara. 

Do I do it? 

Feel like the box is going to be stacked against AK but its hard not to trust Payton to get him the ball.

Wait ..... no keep Karama ... I read that wrong.

Edited by CriminalMind

I think a good buy low candidate this week is Gus Edwards. I just rewatched the KC BAL game on gamepass and I have to say, Edwards looked really good when they gave him the ball. Ingram's running style is very ferocious and he takes/gives out a beating. I bet as the season goes on they will start to incorporate him more. 

I'm selling James Connor. If you have him, hope for a good game against the Bengals to maximize value and then get out of that business. 

Selling Miles Sanders. I think I'm just out here as well. I know people love the talent, but he's fumbling, locked in this timeshare that never seems to end. I get loving the talent, that's fine, I just don't think that he's going to have the volume to make him a stable presence in fantasy this year. He's basically a bye week filler, and if you can get value that is slightly superior to that, I'd take it. 

Selling Baker Mayfield. My main league is a 10 man, 2 quarterback league where most teams carry three. Baker is currently not rostered. That's how bad it's been. Sure, he's got great weapons around him, but he's not right, his offensive line is a mess, and look at that schedule and see where you would really feel comfortable rostering him. I am streaming quarterbacks, so its possible I may take a chance on him for a game or two, but other than that I'm out until he proves otherwise. Lets remember that last year he had a monster run that was helped out in no small part due to a string of playing horrific defenses last year. No such luck this year - @baltimore, @sf (who's defense and pass rush appear to be somewhat legit), @ new england, @ denver, home against that legit buffalo defense. He's a good candidate to pick up on the back end (weeks 11-15 include two tilts with Pitt, one with Miami, one with Cincy and Arizona), but that is a way away. 

Holding (with the intent to sell) Stefon Diggs. Don't sell him now, as his value is complete crap, but if he manages to have a solid game shortly, I'd look to sell. I just don't think that offense is going to ever be able to value both he and Thielen this season, making it feast / famine for those two guys in any given game. They are throwing it 5 times less per game than Seattle did last year. 

Holding (with maybe an intent to sell) Juju. If you can get real value for him now, I'd probably sell. That first game from Rudolph didn't inspire a lot of confident - like 70% of his yards came on 2 plays, one of which was nothing but Rac from Juju. I don't know that the offense there is any good. that being said, it wasn't a favorable first game for Rudolph with regards to opponent. I have no problems holding him for now if you can't get solid value for him and see what happens with the offense. 

Buying Chris Carson. If you have someone who is panicking a bit over the decreased fantasy output along iwth the fumbles, I think Carson is a good buy low candidate. Obviously with Penny there, the situation is a little murky (and scary), but if you can get him at a value of like a wr3 + depth piece, I'm in. 

Selling Melvin Gordon. So he's back, everyone will get amped up, and I don't think that his value will ever be higher to be honest. I think you can get really good value for Melvin Gordon, and I'd shoot for the moon. I'd seriously put out legit feelers for guys like Adams / Hopkins if their owner needs a running back. I don't think that Gordon comes back to the snap count that he's had the last two years. Ekeler is a damn good player, and I could see something more akin to 60/40 snap split, and after sitting out, the injury risk is always real. I think you can get some really good value for him now, and I'd rather utilize that value now as I don't think that he's going to live up to it once he's actually back on the field. 

Selling Will Dissly. Let him have what should be a great week against Arizona, but then I'm unloading him for sure to a tight end needy team. Assuming he has a good week, he will then have had 3 good games in 4 weeks on the season. Yet he's only running routes on about half of his snaps. He's unlikely to sustain this in my opinion, and he's the perfect example of a sell high. 

Buying Kerryon Johnson. Not ready to give up on him yet, despite the underwhelming performance. The big thing will be whether or not he gets involved in the passing game, as that has probably been the worst start to this season. But the volume and snap share are absolutely there and real. 

Buying Aaron Rodgers. The start of his season has been absolutely brutal from a fantasy perspective, but I think that this simply has to get better. An opening slate of defenses that includes on the road at chicago, Minnesota and Denver isn't really the easiest stretch of games. He gets a much better stretch now, with Philly, Detroit, Oakland, KC, Carolina, the Giants and Washington all between weeks 4 - 14. His playoff matchups suck, however, and he may need to be rotated out at that point. 

Buying Davante Adams. Obviously, this goes hand in hand with Rodgers. 

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Is it too late to sell Michel?

I want no part of him in a ppr league, but the problem is that is value is just awful right now. You're basically hoping for someone to be really bullish on his upside. It's not going to get better this week against Buffalo in my opinion. His value basically amounts to "throw in as part of a 2 or 3 for 1" type deal. That's rough.