Thoughts on Browns after week one loss

Vladimir L

I am worried about Freddie long term. He gives up on running the ball way too quickly. He did the same crap against Baltimore week 17. Why the hell are you running a 7 step drop play action pass from your 1 yard line?

18 penalties for 180 yards. 5 personal fouls. Zero discipline against a team that’s foundation is built on discipline.

19 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Which can also go back and be attributed to the coaching staff for lack of discipline.

Meh, there were like 5 personal fouls, including an open hand smack, a kick to the face that led to an ejection and a player talking nonsense to officials.

That stuff isn’t on coaching imo, no one should need to be told not to do that stuff.

I think people attribute penalties on coaches far too often, that’s not how anyone coaches players to do stuff. 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Meh, there were like 5 personal fouls, including an open hand smack, a kick to the face that led to an ejection and a player talking nonsense to officials.

That stuff isn’t on coaching imo, no one should need to be told not to do that stuff.

I think people attribute penalties on coaches far too often, that’s not how anyone coaches players to do stuff. 

It shows a lack of ability to properly prepare your players mentally before the game.

Just now, candyman93 said:

If we lose to the Jets Monday, time to hit the panic button. We match up much more favorably against them.

You guys should shred them as long as there’s no stupid turnovers. The Bills were moving the ball at will most of the game, 4 stupid flukey turnovers killed them though. 

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

If we lose to the Jets Monday, time to hit the panic button. We match up much more favorably against them.

I think they'll win, and the hype train comes back for another week.

But, the Jets aren't really good.  So it won't tell us anything.

1 minute ago, RavensDefense3 said:

i never believed the hype, their defense is average at best and their OL is bad. i don't think baker is the answer either, they will be looking for a new QB in a couple years. same browns.

Baker's the least of our worries. He played fine until the fourth quarter.

2 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Lots of this. The hype train was full steam ahead and it would be hard for the players not to get caught up in that. It’s week one and it usually doesn’t mean much in the long run. Let’s see how they bounce back and how they react and deal with this. That’ll be a big test. 

Both you and @Hunter2_1 are spot on. You can tell the Browns’ players thought the titans were just going to roll over and die. When they didn’t, you could see the frustration boil over. Garret’s punch and Robinson being an a-hole baby with that kick and all of the senseless penalties. We were ill equipped to play and it was just a good old fashioned butt-whoopin. I also blame Kitchens for not playing the starters more in preseason. 

Unfortunately I also believe the Titans are not getting enough credit for being ready and playing like they wanted a win. That defense is pretty good and they game planned better than us. 

But it’s just one week. With our schedule the first 8 weeks I thought it would be a win if we finished 4-4. The last half is easier. HOPEFULLY the media will get off our jocks and we can concentrate on actual football instead of limelight crap. 

• Like 2