Thoughts on Browns after week one loss

Vladimir L

1. You cannot judge the whole season on any one game, let alone game 1

2. That said, it did appear that the entire city and the team were mega-hyped, and that's probably not the best state of mind to be in

3. Kitchens needs to cool it as well, he was blowing his top at nearly EVERY one of those penalties, including the hit very late to Mariota which was clearly a flag all day. Calm yourself.

They won't play that bad again, I'd say. Love the Browns fans here, but have to admit - the hype was getting too much (not necessarily your fault) and it was a reality check.

• Like 4

My thoughts are... it's week 1.

The Browns were undisciplined and played a lot of bad mental football. Given they were the darlings of the media, they were wound up too tight and it showed. A performance like this against a very good team (which might be underselling Tennessee, TBH) was inevitable.

I didn't quite buy into Cleveland leading into yesterday, but I'm not selling the farm on them after yesterday.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

My thoughts are... it's week 1.

The Browns were undisciplined and played a lot of bad mental football. Given they were the darlings of the media, they were wound up too tight and it showed. A performance like this against a very good team (which might be underselling Tennessee, TBH) was inevitable.

I didn't quite buy into Cleveland leading into yesterday, but I'm not selling the farm on them after yesterday.

Well if it makes them feel better

Bengals lost but might be a decent team

Steelers looked like crap

If they can pull it together they might have a chance to make the playoffs but will be a 1st round exit!

1 hour ago, Vladimir L said:

Steelers looked like crap

I can't remember the last time the Steelers came out the gate fast. Haven't they started the last few seasons 0-2, looking bad doing it? Then they always rebound. They'll be great again, I have confidence. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Cant buy into teams without at least average Oline play.

In this quick passing game league, it's a lot less important than it used to be.

Cleveland's problem yesterday was the 200 yards in penalties (or one game's worth of offense for the Dolphins)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I can't remember the last time the Steelers came out the gate fast. Haven't they started the last few seasons 0-2, looking bad doing it? Then they always rebound. They'll be great again, I have confidence. 

Big ben though....he isnt a leader

Another game like this he will talk about retiring

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I dont expect much from the Steelers this year...at most, another early playoff exit....but yeah.    It was week 1 vs a team who usually does that to us.    It was a tough game to start with considering how many changes the team went through.

As for the Browns, again, its way too early.   Baker is still young and is going to have growing pains, and they have alot of players who still need to gel with each other.   I felt like they were overhyped during the offseason for that exact reason....but I still expect them to bounce back.    I still think they are a year away though. 

• Like 1