• Clelin Ferrell
    • Gareon Conley
    • Lamarcus Joyner
    • Von Miller
    • Bradley Chubb
    • Chris Harris Jr
    • Other

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Side Note...BDL Superstud Kolton Miller looks infinitely better this year.  The only time I have heard Chubb's name is when they talk about how he hasn't done anything.

I always believed in him. He was laughably bad when hurt, but hard to play left tackle on a bum knee. Trent Brown is an absolute monster. I feel like getting him at 26 as a FA is a dream come true, especially considering how much Houston gave up for Tunsil, a comparable player.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Full credit to the Raiders - they dominated the trenches, and Gruden called a great game plan exploiting Yiadom at CB, and our ILB play in general.    Gruden's biggest concerns are his control over the team roster / org power, but there's no denying he can draw up a great game plan, and he schooled rookie HC Fangio & OC Scangarelli in a huge way. 

Our biggest Q mark, our OL, was dreadful.    Flacco wasn't the reason we lost - but he wasn't an asset, either, especially with his lack of pocket awareness, getting rid of the ball on time, and abysmal ball placement on short throws.   Hamilton's drop was costly, but frankly, we were just outplayed (although 2 awful gadget plays, Pop Warner 1H clock management in the 2-min drive, and a mind-boggling decision to get a FG down 15 with 8:40 to go and only 2 TO's left showed some serious concerns on how advanced a HC/OC the duo are, and Flacco shares that as a vet QB too).  

All in all, OAK isn't likely any better than a .500 team, and frankly, our D weaknesses created the perfect situation for OAK to exploit with their 2 best weapons Waller & Jacobs, but until we get improvement in our trench play and a true franchise QB, we're stuck in neutral as a bottom 10 team.  At least the best players were our young guys.  Now if Elway can only exert enough discipline and self-control not to spend for win-now guys who won't make a difference (cough Theo Riddick already dude cough), and focus on 2020+, we'll be on a better path.  But yeah, 2019 is a pipe dream for contention - week 1 can be an overreaction, but that was clear in the offseason, preseason, and week 1 does nothing but confirm that.

There are a lot of square pegs trying to be fit into round holes on that line; not all of them could necessarily have had something done about them this year because of the contracts they're on.

I'm not impressed with what I've seen from Scangarelli so far - he just comes across as woefully inexperienced and lacks aggression (that may well come from his HC too).  I can only assume he's basing his system mostly off of Lil Shanny's since his formative years appear to have been on the as a QC coach on the Atlanta staff with Kyle and then as the QB coach in SF under him.  But the man just hasn't developed a feel for playcalling yet, from what I can see.  And from what I can see, you've got two players that fit the blocking scheme a Lil Shanny patterned offensive scheme would prefer... and one of them is currently playing out of position (McGovern is a far better fit at guard in that blocking scheme than at center), whereas Risner has star potential but he's having to pick up too much slack, as a rookie, from the guys playing to either side of him - honestly, I know you guys have been playing him exclusively at LG through the preseason but if James' injury is long-term I don't know that I'd hesitate in trying him out at RT because he could do the job there.  Worst case scenario, I do believe he's got Brandon Scherff type upside in the system.

What I don't like seeing from Scanga is, thus far, a refusal to ride the hot hand.  There were occasions when both Lindsay and Freeman hit grooves and were popping off chunk plays well... and then, rather than using the play-calling to give them a breather, he just chose to switch them out and it ended up bottoming out the momentum more often than not.  There's no rhythm, no syncopation... and Flacco needs that; it's a big reason (in addition to that being the season he had one of the better OL's he had in front of him) he had some of his best success under Kubiak.

17 minutes ago, The LBC said:

There are a lot of square pegs trying to be fit into round holes on that line; not all of them could necessarily have had something done about them this year because of the contracts they're on.

I'm not impressed with what I've seen from Scangarelli so far - he just comes across as woefully inexperienced and lacks aggression (that may well come from his HC too).  I can only assume he's basing his system mostly off of Lil Shanny's since his formative years appear to have been on the as a QC coach on the Atlanta staff with Kyle and then as the QB coach in SF under him.  But the man just hasn't developed a feel for playcalling yet, from what I can see.  And from what I can see, you've got two players that fit the blocking scheme a Lil Shanny patterned offensive scheme would prefer... and one of them is currently playing out of position (McGovern is a far better fit at guard in that blocking scheme than at center), whereas Risner has star potential but he's having to pick up too much slack, as a rookie, from the guys playing to either side of him - honestly, I know you guys have been playing him exclusively at LG through the preseason but if James' injury is long-term I don't know that I'd hesitate in trying him out at RT because he could do the job there.  Worst case scenario, I do believe he's got Brandon Scherff type upside in the system.

What I don't like seeing from Scanga is, thus far, a refusal to ride the hot hand.  There were occasions when both Lindsay and Freeman hit grooves and were popping off chunk plays well... and then, rather than using the play-calling to give them a breather, he just chose to switch them out and it ended up bottoming out the momentum more often than not.  There's no rhythm, no syncopation... and Flacco needs that; it's a big reason (in addition to that being the season he had one of the better OL's he had in front of him) he had some of his best success under Kubiak.

Denver is in this weird state of flux. 

They have talented players on their roster for sure. But I don't see them as a complete team. 

Weirdly enough, I felt that qb was one of their smallest problems tonight.

3 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Side Note...BDL Superstud Kolton Miller looks infinitely better this year.  The only time I have heard Chubb's name is when they talk about how he hasn't done anything.

Tbh Miller was good last year before injuring his knee substantially. After the injury he was one of the worst T's in football. Glad to see him rebound.

12 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Raiders might score a point or 2

11 hours ago, Elky said:

Denver has the potential to be a major dark horse team. Oakland is just straight up trash lol.

11 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Tonight will be Bradley Chubbs coming out party

As for the game itself, broncos 27 raiders 10

11 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I also have Denver as a playoff team. So, this SHOULD be a game where they come out and make a statement and that no one needs to stay up after the 2nd quarter to see the outcome.

Oh.

44 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Raiders OL - take a bow

Absolutely, this was the area I think all Raider Nation was concerned with - and rightfully so. Cable was a huge worry, Miller was a huge question mark, the replacement guards were a huge question mark but they all came through really well. Miller and Chubb were made to look very ordinary which is a hard thing to do. Thought it would be a close game but didn't think our OL and DL would both be on top.

Now, one game does not make a season but it's a much, much better start than any of us could have hoped for the OL specifically and a huge positive in what has been at times a torrid roller coaster ride the last few weeks. I'm not convinced on Cable yet but if we keep this level of play up consistently along the OL then we'll all have to review our assessment of him and his line. If we can keep it up we'll be a tough matchup for most teams.

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Such a shame Raiders are leaving Oakland. If AB returned with the Pats, we’d probably see the first riot in sports history inside a stadium. I would definitely fear for ABs safety. Well, no, I honestly wouldn’t, but I have to say that right? B|

You guys could just be the 1 seed and the Pats would have to come to you. 😃

Archived