Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Packers (1-0)

swede700

Last year, Kirk Cousins passed for 425 yds in Lambeau, how many will he throw for this time?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Last year, Kirk Cousins passed for 425 yds in Lambeau, how many will he throw for this time?

• Less than 100 yds
    • 100-203 yds (Rodgers' total last week)
    • 204-275 yds
    • 276-325 yds
    • 326-400 yds
    • 400+ yds

I will be honest.  This game was full of odd happenings.  Cousins didn’t just play poorly, he was atrocious.  Why the coaching staff didn’t just continue running the ball on that end zone INT is unexplainable.  To me at least.  It was almost like they were sick of Cousins taking heat from the fan base so they forced the game in his hands and hopes for the best outcome. Now obviously that isn’t what actually took place. I’m being facetious. But this game, Week 2 or not, just re affirmed me that Cousins will not get us to where we want to go. You can’t have everything around you upgraded and nearly solidified only for you yourself to be average at best. That isn’t worth the money nor the time that we are placing in him.  I am not one to question the front office. They have shown the ability to recognize talent, I’m still unsure as to why the coaching staff believes in him so strongly; enough to even release what could have been seen as a “distraction” in Sloter.  Should have let him go to New York :)  

As for tanking — unless it is for Lawrence next year, I don’t want to see this team plunge it for anybody.  Lawrence imo is the real deal.  If Cousins is going to suck, please suck progressively as it his contract runs out. And by the end of it, we will likely be picking in the first 5 picks or so. Sad outlook but hey, I am tired (just like all of you) of a QB or stubbornness being the all but expected catalyst for demise season after season.  

45 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Tankin for Tua?

Tua’s a guaranteed Dolphin. Will be impossible to out tank them. Herbert or Frohm though we could send a future 1st to trade up for. 

Edit: I haven’t watched any of Herbert or Frohm so far this year. I just know they were highly touted coming into the year.

Edited by VIKINGS101011

Two reasons for this loss today:

1a.  Subpar quarterback play.  I have decided that Cousins is what he is.  He isn't going to change.  If you buy a Chevrolet, it doesn't matter if you pay a Rolls-Royce price for it.  At the end of the day, you still only have a mediocre Chevrolet.

1b.  FAR too many stupid penalties.  Undisciplined play that falls on the shoulders of many of the players and also on the coaching staff for once again not having them ready to play.

At this point, nobody is going to convince me the wouldn't have been better off with Teddy Bridgewater at less than half of the price.  

People, if you want to know why I will also always be so high on Tim Tebow, just watch our quarterback today.  Compared to him, Tebow is night and day better.  It may be ugly with him, but HE FINDS WAYS TO WIN, particularly in big games.  One of the qualities Tebow has in spades is what Kirk Cousins is so sorely lacking.  That's just the best way I can think of to describe it.  We are stuck with him for the next two years, but if I'm Zygi Wilf, I'm going to start planning how to prepare for giving up whatever price it takes for Trevor Lawrence in the 2021 draft.  I would go full Ditka and give up our entire draft plus our first round picks in 2022 and 2023.

Edited by Uncle Buck

10 minutes ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

Tua’s a guaranteed Dolphin. Will be impossible to out tank them. Herbert or Frohm though we could send a future 1st to trade up for. 

Edit: I haven’t watched any of Herbert or Frohm so far this year. I just know they were highly touted coming into the year.

They don't do anything for me.

Johnny Football in 2021

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

95% of posters saying Kirk cost the game today.......

Yet I'm the only one attacked for saying it and standing by it after being a Kirk Bobo since he was signed up until week 17 last season.

Makes sense.....

Sometimes how an opinion is presented can have a bigger effect on people than the opinion itself.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Two reasons for this loss today:

1a.  Subpar quarterback play.  I have decided that Cousins is what he is.  He isn't going to change.  If you buy a Chevrolet, it doesn't matter if you pay a Rolls-Royce price for it.  At the end of the day, you still only have a mediocre Chevrolet.

1b.  FAR too many stupid penalties.  Undisciplined play that falls on the shoulders of many of the players and also on the coaching staff for once again not having them ready to play.

At this point, nobody is going to convince me the wouldn't have been better off with Teddy Bridgewater at less than half of the price.  

People, if you want to know why I will also always be so high on Tim Tebow, just watch our quarterback today.  Compared to him, Tebow is night and day better.  It may be ugly with him, but HE FINDS WAYS TO WIN, particularly in big games.  One of the qualities Tebow has in spades is what Kirk Cousins is so sorely lacking.  That's just the best way I can think of to describe it.  We are stuck with him for the next two years, but if I'm Zygi Wilf, I'm going to start planning how to prepare for giving up whatever price it takes for Trevor Lawrence in the 2021 draft.  I would go full Ditka and give up our entire draft plus our first round picks in 2022 and 2023.

Tebow? Out of football after a couple years...... Come on. 

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

Tebow? Out of football after a couple years...... Come on. 

And why was he out of football?  All he did was take over a 1-4 team and lead them to the playoffs AND win a playoff game.  All this in his FIRST YEAR as a starter.  Was his passing ugly?  Absolutely.  Did he have what it takes to find ways to win in spite of it?  You cannot deny that because the record is there.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

And why was he out of football?  All he did was take over a 1-4 team and lead them to the playoffs AND win a playoff game.  All this in his FIRST YEAR as a starter.  Was his passing ugly?  Absolutely.  Did he have what it takes to find ways to win in spite of it?  You cannot deny that because the record is there.

I'll take a winner with ugly passing than a loser with good passing. All we needed today was a winner QB and we'd be 2-0.

I mean if we're going to be a running team anyways.....

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Kirk bobo's didn't want to hear it. He was absolutely the problem. Sorry I didn't sugar coat it.

Case in point.

Most people agree he was a problem, but they aren't name-calling or attacking people who present other opinions.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Case in point.

Most people agree he was a problem, but they aren't name-calling or attacking people who present other opinions.

So the person called a "child" and "stupid" for calling Kirk the problem is in the wrong?

Who exactly is name calling? 

Keep your blinders, on and see what you want to see. You're no better than the refs today.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228