Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Packers (1-0)

swede700

Last year, Kirk Cousins passed for 425 yds in Lambeau, how many will he throw for this time?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Last year, Kirk Cousins passed for 425 yds in Lambeau, how many will he throw for this time?

• Less than 100 yds
    • 100-203 yds (Rodgers' total last week)
    • 204-275 yds
    • 276-325 yds
    • 326-400 yds
    • 400+ yds

7 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Regardless, we won't finish bad enough to get a good QB.

We're not bad enough to go worse than 8-8. 

Minnesota Wild syndrome. Not good enough to win the Cup. Not bad enough to get a top pick.

I didnt say we would be a bad team. We will probably be close to 9-7. But we can trade up for a QB. Might take multiple future 1st round picks, but i say go for it. Im tired of this no QB crap. Ive been a Vikings fan for a long time and i just want the darn QB position solved. Not to say a rookie will solve it, but he will have a better chance than Kirk freaking Cousins. 

Also you dont have to have a top 5 pick to get a QB. Recently Watson, Mahomes, Lamar, & Haskins fell outside of the top 10 picks. 

After giving up 21 the defense played lights out.  Kicker...well, typical Minnesota kicking game.  Cook and Mattison are fantastic.  The officials are not.  And Cousins....he can't make a clutch throw with the game on the line to save his skin!  I think Kirk is a nice guy and good teammate.  He will never embarrass anyone with his off field behavior.  But man, I really don't want him as my qb directing a comeback to try to win a meaningful game. "You like that."  Not really, Kirk.  Not really.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

I didnt say we would be a bad team. We will probably be close to 9-7. But we can trade up for a QB. Might take multiple future 1st round picks, but i say go for it. Im tired of this no QB crap. Ive been a Vikings fan for a long time and i just want the darn QB position solved. Not to say a rookie will solve it, but he will have a better chance than Kirk freaking Cousins. 

Also you dont have to have a top 5 pick to get a QB. Recently Watson, Mahomes, Lamar, & Haskins fell outside of the top 10 picks. 

Spot on. And i don't think we'll be a bad at all.

But picking in the mid or high teens keeps you away from the bigger QBs unless a trade or you're sure on a QB. 

Obviously there's always exceptions to the rule but there's been more mid round misses than hits.... We're due!

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

Interestingly enough, I was more frustrated with the team in the first half than I was at the end of the game.

We weren't going to go 16-0. Losses happen. Lambeau is a tough place to play, and Green Bay looks to have an improved defense. That doesn't mean the season is over or that we're destined to be average or that it's time to tank.

Are there negatives we can take from this game that need to be addressed? Of course. But there were also a number of positive signs. Let's not be blind to them just because we're frustrated about a loss.

• Like 6

Just now, Klomp said:

Interestingly enough, I was more frustrated with the team in the first half than I was at the end of the game.

We weren't going to go 16-0. Losses happen. Lambeau is a tough place to play, and Green Bay looks to have an improved defense. That doesn't mean the season is over or that we're destined to be average or that it's time to tank.

Are there negatives we can take from this game that need to be addressed? Of course. But there were also a number of positive signs. Let's not be blind to them just because we're frustrated about a loss.

Defense ended up being a plus....run game. Adjustments at half on both sides were good.

Kirk, kicking, and inner oline are negatives.

But look at the line....rookie at C, backup at LG. Can only get better, right?

12 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

it was just a bull**** call really 

MIN outplayed GB today. some silliness changed the outcome, but yall deserved the dub today imo 

Yeah terrible call.  That call and kirk's int in the end zone cost us the game.  But hey its early for the refs on the field and early for the refs in New York.  On to sarcastaball!! What is even a catch these days???

Edited by Taylor0026

There are numerous guys who will  come in and say oh its only week 2, there are a bunch of positives today. And that's all well and fine. 

But here is the real take. Minnesota can not win a big game when the football game is in Kirk Cousins' hands. And to be a championship team, your QB must be able to win a game every once in a while. Look at last year vs Seattle & New England (he choked). And today, he choked. Thats just who he is and this team or any team for that matter isnt going anywhere with him leading the way. Period. We can give him all the excuses in the world, poor OL or playcalling or whatever. But today he missed open WRs on what would have been big plays AND he made two terrible decisions (one of which is the most brutal decison ive seen since Brett Favre's NFCCG throw vs NO). You know who would have never done any of these things????? TEDDY! The guy i begged and pleaded to keep a few offseasons ago. I understand why they did what they did, but keeping Teddy would have 100% have been the better decision. Because he has the ability to win you games, but most importantly he isnt going to be the reason you lose games. As Cousins was the main reason we lost today in GB. Im done with Cousins, and nothing will ever change my mind unless he wins the SB. 

Id love to be wrong. But i very strongly feel this is accurate. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

There are numerous guys who will  come in and say oh its only week 2, there are a bunch of positives today. And that's all well and fine. 

But here is the real take. Minnesota can not win a big game when the football game is in Kirk Cousins' hands. And to be a championship team, your QB must be able to win a game every once in a while. Look at last year vs Seattle & New England (he choked). And today, he choked. Thats just who he is and this team or any team for that matter isnt going anywhere with him leading the way. Period. We can give him all the excuses in the world, poor OL or playcalling or whatever. But today he missed open WRs on what would have been big plays AND he made two terrible decisions (one of which is the most brutal decison ive seen since Brett Favre's NFCCG throw vs NO). You know who would have never done any of these things????? TEDDY! The guy i begged and pleaded to keep a few offseasons ago. I understand why they did what they did, but keeping Teddy would have 100% have been the better decision. Because he has the ability to win you games, but most importantly he isnt going to be the reason you lose games. As Cousins was the main reason we lost today in GB. Im done with Cousins, and nothing will ever change my mind unless he wins the SB. 

Id love to be wrong. But i very strongly feel this is accurate. 

Like I said earlier....

Kirk is 4/25 vs. .500+ teams. 4/26 now. It's not opinion, it's fact.

It doesn't matter if it's with Washington or Minnesota.... He doesn't win big games. 

Today would have been won with even a mediocre performance but he couldn't even deliver that. 3 turnovers, one in the endzone.

How people can defend this is mind boggling

• Like 1