Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Packers (1-0)

swede700

Last year, Kirk Cousins passed for 425 yds in Lambeau, how many will he throw for this time?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Last year, Kirk Cousins passed for 425 yds in Lambeau, how many will he throw for this time?

• Less than 100 yds
    • 100-203 yds (Rodgers' total last week)
    • 204-275 yds
    • 276-325 yds
    • 326-400 yds
    • 400+ yds

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

I hate the challenging of penalties that are not clear calls (12 men on the field).... I hated it when they announced it and I hate it even though it benefited my team.

OPI wasn't challenged though was it? GB didn't challenge it, either it was initiated by the booth upstairs, or they called it upon confirming it was a score. From what I've read it was the latter.

4 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

OPI wasn't challenged though was it? GB didn't challenge it, either it was initiated by the booth upstairs, or they called it upon confirming it was a score. From what I've read it was the latter.

Maybe not technically but the challenge rule opened this up for review. I hate the rule. Challenging penalties is such a moronic step for the NFL.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Yes. The officials created a penalty confirming the TD. Which is asinine. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

I hate the challenging of penalties that are not clear calls (12 men on the field).... I hated it when they announced it and I hate it even though it benefited my team. That being said the Dalvin Cook call wasn't even the worst OPI in that game. I thought the one on Thielen in the endzone was worse or maybe I just didn't see a push. Dalvin Cook blocked the LB literally out of his zone leaving Diggs wide open. It just wasn't a very good play by Cook there.  (The play may have still been made and most likely Diggs is still in or at least on the 1 without the block).  

Yeah. That was clearly OPI on Dalvin, but the refs missed it live and that's the way it should have stayed.

Its so stupid it's reviewed without even a challenge from GB when the refs missed it. Blame the Saints for this mess I guess?

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Yeah. That was clearly OPI on Dalvin, but the refs missed it live and that's the way it should have stayed.

Its so stupid it's reviewed without even a challenge from GB when the refs missed it. Blame the Saints for this mess I guess?

Eh I don't blame the Saints. I blame the refs in that game who missed the most obvious pass interference penalty of the century. Also the NFL for not having full time refs and half there refs being in there 50s/60s isn't excusable considering how much they make and how important refs have become. 

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

Lulz. 

You may not like it but that was text book OPI. Cook wasn't even attempting to run a route. He ran right to the LB and blocked him out of the play. I think the play would have been made anyways and I still don't like the call after the fact but that was OPI. 

3 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Maybe not technically but the challenge rule opened this up for review. I hate the rule.

I wasn't under the impression that a penalty could be called when confirming a score until this happened on Sunday. I didn't think the new PI rule had anything to do with that or perhaps I'm confused on which rule you're referring to.

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

I wasn't under the impression that a penalty could be called when confirming a score until this happened on Sunday. I didn't think the new PI rule had anything to do with that or perhaps I'm confused on which rule you're referring to.

Maybe it didn't. I guess I just assumed it had something to do with it. 

Just now, Spartacus said:

Maybe it didn't. I guess I just assumed it had something to do with it. 

Haha the fact that you and I (and a lot of others) are confused on this isn't a good thing!

(Following not directed at you Spartacus just another point in general.) IF penalties can retroactively be called I fully expect a lot more TDs to be overturned, again, I'm basing this off of the quote Al Riveron provided Sunday night. If true, that is a shame. Do they review the "entire play" during turnovers to see if there were other penalties then? I'm not thinking so.

Just now, VikeManDan said:

Haha the fact that you and I (and a lot of others) are confused on this isn't a good thing!

(Following not directed at you Spartacus just another point in general.) IF penalties can retroactively be called I fully expect a lot more TDs to be overturned, again, I'm basing this off of the quote Al Riveron provided Sunday night. If true, that is a shame. Do they review the "entire play" during turnovers to see if there were other penalties then? I'm not thinking so.

Yea I have no fricken idea anymore and honestly I don't think even the coaches know. Just an odd series of events. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

If you expand the view of this play, you will see someone wearing an NFL jersey with the name "Graham" on the back of it attempting to block Hunter.

I'm pretty sure a red blocking bag put up more of an effort than Graham.

Heck, I've seen more effort in a javee football game.

There is no shame in getting beat on a rush by Hunter.  There should be a lot of shame in the effort that was put forth.

And there should be shame for the man who called a play that asked Graham to single block Hunter.

• Like 2