Week 2 GDT: Still the Browns vs. New York’s 2nd Team

NateDawg

Bounce Back  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I'm obviously in the minority but I don't think the hype mattered to either team. We didn't slack off because we thought we could get fat and still win. The Titans didn't play harder because we had hype.

We couldn't pass block when we needed it. We committed too many penalties. We were a bit unfortunate in some of the penalties called against us and some of the obvious penalties on the big plays that weren't called against the Titans.

Obviously we have a bad reputation as fans with officials and it isn't ever going to be called even while the same refs are in the league that have been in the league during some of our less than best moments. I'm sure it isn't intentional as much as subliminal but subliminally if you look for something you will often find it. Not an excuse for the team, if you play better than the opponent you are going to win the majority of the games.

If we had options Hubbard would be cut already. Maybe Robinson. Was hoping they could be average but that may be too much of a stretch to expect from them. Still, just week one maybe they'll be better Monday night.

Freddie needs to clean up his play calling a bit, especially once it was obvious we couldn't contain anything of of the ends.

We'll be better. We were bad. Hype didn't make us play bad. A watch didn't make us play bad. Bad penalties and bad breaks kept us from having a decent lead going into the 4th quarter. Mariota sucking kept us from being a few scores down to start the 4th quarter. Little things can have huge effects on games, 182 yards in penalties were our undoing.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yo boy Odell too worried about watches 

I was a fan of the trade till that. 

Its honestly disrespectful to the other team. You wearing a 350k watch for what? So we can show off while we get smacked. It’s the dumbest thing I’ve seen in a while. 

We don’t have our priorities right. We too busy smelling our own ****. The Jets are going to want this game. G Williams is going to get them ready for us and it’s a home game for them. I’m taking the Jets

too worried about watches? So him wearing a watch during a game is turning you from being a fan of the trade? If thats the case, you were never really a fan of the trade. 

Wasnt there a dude a few years ago who wore some gaudy wrist jewertly, bracelet or watch in the superbowl or a conference title game a few years ago. Like in '15

How is that disrespectful? c'mon. 

It might be an uber-expensive watch but it prolly didnt cost him much because they prolly made a deal he would wear them in a game for free advertisement. 

Its not like when the Browns were down 15-13 in the 4th Q that he decided to go to the sideline and put it on. Its not like with one of his 7 catches that he used it as a prop.

Greggg Williams might get them ready but how many of our defenses were truly ready the previous two years? We had no problems bashing Williams and his scheme last year but now that he is the opposing DC and were upset with the team, that Greggg is about to bust out the '85 bears type of defense.

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

That had to be an endorsement thing. That’s a 350k watch and you’re playing a contact sport.

also think about it, how would it have to break, it would have to take a square hit right to the wrist...how often does that happen?

48 minutes ago, buno67 said:

too worried about watches? So him wearing a watch during a game is turning you from being a fan of the trade? If thats the case, you were never really a fan of the trade. 

Wasnt there a dude a few years ago who wore some gaudy wrist jewertly, bracelet or watch in the superbowl or a conference title game a few years ago. Like in '15

How is that disrespectful? c'mon. 

It might be an uber-expensive watch but it prolly didnt cost him much because they prolly made a deal he would wear them in a game for free advertisement. 

Its not like when the Browns were down 15-13 in the 4th Q that he decided to go to the sideline and put it on. Its not like with one of his 7 catches that he used it as a prop.

Greggg Williams might get them ready but how many of our defenses were truly ready the previous two years? We had no problems bashing Williams and his scheme last year but now that he is the opposing DC and were upset with the team, that Greggg is about to bust out the '85 bears type of defense.

I was excited like everyone else for sure. But I really wanted Devin White if it was up to me I would’ve traded up for him. Odell is cool I’m glad it’s not Kenny Britt for sure, but we don’t need Odell to win a Super Bowl  we just really needed a deep threat this past offseason. 

It’s showing off. That’s the only reason you do it. And Richard Mille doesn’t need Odell to sell watches they’re fine.  

Football players have been just fine playing without watches to this point. Why does he need one now? To show off. We too busy worried about the wrong things. 

24 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I was excited like everyone else for sure. But I really wanted Devin White if it was up to me I would’ve traded up for him. Odell is cool I’m glad it’s not Kenny Britt for sure, but we don’t need Odell to win a Super Bowl  we just really needed a deep threat this past offseason. 

It’s showing off. That’s the only reason you do it. And Richard Mille doesn’t need Odell to sell watches they’re fine.  

Football players have been just fine playing without watches to this point. Why does he need one now? To show off. We too busy worried about the wrong things. 

It prolly would have taken more to trade up and get White than it was to trade for OBJ

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. If the browns won, this watch issue would be non existent. It’s not like OBJ was a no show. He made plays when they were able to get the ball to him 

you act like OBJ was concern about the watch that you saw him winding it, adjusting the strap, or checking the time when he was lined up on the field. Acting like her was treating the watch like a batting glove, readjusting it like he is Nomar

in all honestly, I could care less what a player wears. Iike the saying goes look good feel good play good. OBJ played well and hope next week They scheme the passing attack better than this past week

Edited by buno67

15 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

Hubbard has always been awful and IMO is Dorseys biggest mistake to date, barely beating out the pick of Corbett for the lone thought that Corbett may end up being a functional Center. Hubbard is trash.

I dont know about it being the biggest mistake. Hubbard was one of the better projected tackle FAs on the market. He was brought in with the idea he will have a smooth transition because of connection with Haley. He will be gone after the season. People freaked when we signed him to a 5yr $36m deal but its going to end up as 2yr $15

Edited by buno67

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

I dont know about it being the biggest mistake. Hubbard was one of the better projected tackle FAs on the market. He was brought in with the idea he will have a smooth transition because of connection with Haley. He will be gone after the season. People freaked when we signed him to a 5yr $36m deal but its going to end up as 2yr $15

It's a mistake because he blows. Contract is a non issue because of structure, but having him by the guy you go out and get in FA to protect your #1 overall pick at QB Is bad. John doesnt seem to have many misses but this was surely one of them.

38 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

It's a mistake because he blows. Contract is a non issue because of structure, but having him by the guy you go out and get in FA to protect your #1 overall pick at QB Is bad. John doesnt seem to have many misses but this was surely one of them.

What did you expect tho? Steelers had one of the best OLs and one of the best OL coaches. He was viewed as a decent player that got over paid. He never lived up as a starter. 

I think Robinson potentially truly sucking this year would be a bigger mistake. He was at least a known bad player but still rolled with him anyways 

43 minutes ago, buno67 said:

What did you expect tho? Steelers had one of the best OLs and one of the best OL coaches. He was viewed as a decent player that got over paid. He never lived up as a starter. 

I think Robinson potentially truly sucking this year would be a bigger mistake. He was at least a known bad player but still rolled with him anyways 

I certainly didnt expect him to be awful when we gave him 7 mil a year

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Hubbard is our worst mistake and our worst OL.

Kush played pretty well. Robinson played well before he was ejected. Bitonio was a top 5-10 guard. 

Yes hubbard is absolutely our worst OL. Maybe he will play better this week. Doesn’t sound like we’re making any changes.