Chiefs @ Raiders Week 2 GDT!!

agarcia34

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I'm not ok with this. This season should be it for Carr if he has another subpar year. Why waste time. Which QBs have 3 straight below average seasons and get to keep their jobs?

Say what you want about Miami tanking, but at least they cut their losses with Tannehill and didnt stay in purgatory for another 4 years. Now they are the odds on favorite to land Tua.

Are you saying you'd rather be in Miami's position than ours?

Just now, reddevil said:

Are you saying you'd rather be in Miami's position than ours?

I'm saying that Miami is closer to finding their long term QB solution than we are, if Carr has another down season like many of us are expecting. 

They had a very comparable player to Carr in Ryan Tannehill. He was their QB for 7 years and was solid to good some years, only managing to get them to the playoffs once. Just like Carr. Their new staff came in and decided to cut bait rather than drag it out another couple of years. That's what I'm advocating for if Carr indeed doesnt prove to be the guy again this year

• Like 1

I am not as down on this game as most of you guys. Jacobs was Cramping and couldn't play every snap. The offense shot themselves in the foot due to unfamiliarity.

Just watched the All-22 film of the game. The Raiders outplayed KC for 45 minutes. 

On that first TD in the 2Q, they had Worley and Riley lined up at safety and Joyner in the slot, over Robinson, they motioned toward Joyner and he singled the check and Burfict confirms it. Joyner takes the RB in the flat, Burfict goes with Kelce, Riley doesn't recieve the message and leaves Robinson running free down the field. Conley tries his best to guard two guys but doesn't get to Robinson in time. 

The next Raiders drive Carr scrambles and tries to dive for the first down on 3rd and 11 (I think he had it but whatever).

Next KC drive we get a presnap penalty on 3rd down to give them the first. Sammy beats a busted coverage by Riley to pick up a 3rd and 9. Kelce gets a generous forward progress spot on 3rd and 7. Then on 3rd and 20 Riley is caught on busted coverage and Joyner tries to make up for it and they both get beat by Hardman.

Raiders go 3 n out and punt and pins them at the 10, hits Williams on a Wheel route for 30, hits Robinson for 40 on busted coverage, gets sacked and then Dime to Kelce over KoJo with 1:41 left. 

Raiders go 3 n out punt it back to them get a good return and the ball back with 47 seconds left. First play of the drive Mahommes drops an absolute dime over Conley who was i great position, just couldn't make a play on the ball. 

Thats the end of the chiefs out playing us. 

Jacobs busts a 50 yard run and then barely plays the rest of the game because of cramping. Then we throw the pick in the end zone on an audible Tyrell didn't catch.

Then the OPI on grant where Matheiu runs into him in pursuit of the TE, and not being able to convert on the Mahommes turnover. For 45 minutes we went toe to toe with a top 3 team. Without a few busted coverages and some cramps it could have been a much different game. 

Go Raiders!!! I think we still end up over .500 going into the bye week. 

Edited by OG_C2X

It was a short week as as well. They stopped the run well. The offense just didn't click and that was the difference in the game. They had it 4th and 1 in plus territory up 10-0 and Gruden opted to punt. Against that team, you have take that chance to keep their offense off the field and score more points. 

23 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Same story

Sounds like a shot at Carr tbh. I’ve always said it, Carr has an accurate deep ball according to stats because he only throws if they are wideeee open, wide open. He is scared to heck to throw into a tight window deep. Carr is not confident in his deep ball what so ever. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It was a short week as as well. They stopped the run well. The offense just didn't click and that was the difference in the game. They had it 4th and 1 in plus territory up 10-0 and Gruden opted to punt. Against that team, you have take that chance to keep their offense off the field and score more points. 

agreed, i also think we should have gone for it in the redzone on the first drive.
youre not going to beat kc with FGS.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Sounds like a shot at Carr tbh. I’ve always said it, Carr has an accurate deep ball according to stats because he only throws if they are wideeee open, wide open. He is scared to heck to throw into a tight window deep. Carr is not confident in his deep ball what so ever. 

Tafur just tweeted that:

Pass Completed over 25 yards:

Chiefs: 8

Raiders: 0

Inexcusable considering we were down most of the game. 

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Tafur just tweeted that:

Pass Completed over 25 yards:

Chiefs: 8

Raiders: 0

Inexcusable considering we were down most of the game. 

And throw deep to who?  Williams?  Yeah, KC wouldn't see that coming from a mile away.

Similar to last season with homers questioning Carr's decision making as to why he didn't go deep more.  Clearly they lack an understanding about how football works.  

It would have taken Jordy Nelson and Ateman 20 min to run 10 yards...

4 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Our offense should run through Jacobs, not Carr. Jacobs has done very well so far but he needs to be more involved in the passing game.

Chiefs front seven is solid and their secondary is the worst in the NFL. No brainer game plan to have a pass first offense against that team. And Carr couldn’t do anything. 

I do agree, majority of the time, it definitely go through Jacobs. Jacobs is our Zeke and Carr is our Dak. 

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

And throw deep to who?  Williams?  Yeah, KC wouldn't see that coming from a mile away.

Similar to last season with homers questioning Carr's decision making as to why he didn't go deep more.  Clearly they lack an understanding about how football works.  

It would have taken Jordy Nelson and Ateman 20 min to run 10 yards...

On the first drive, if Carr doesnt throw the ball out of bounds on the deep route to TW its a TD.
Im a big Carr fan, but his deep ball has been off lately