Brandon Ingram or Jaylen Brown

CWood21

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

If you're talking about summer league then you're talking about a conscious effort in which to use Jaylen Brown to run an offense and learn to facilitate, because they want him to be a big part of the offense. Of course Tatum looked more comfortable, he wasn't trying an entirely new role.

The only thing I have to back an opinion that his handle will improve is that he's already improved on all of his skill sets from college and has generally improved on everything the coaching staff has asked him to. 

We will see, though. 

Yep. Brown shot a good percentage better from deep as a pro than he did in college even with the farther line. Ingram's dropped tremendously.

23 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

You make it seem like Ingram is destined to be a number one. He's more than likely a second tier option as well.

Even if Ingram is a second tier option, that's probably still higher than Jaylen Brown ever will be.  That's the problem I have.  I don't think Brown will ever be into a situation where's expected to take up a larger role.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Even if Ingram is a second tier option, that's probably still higher than Jaylen Brown ever will be.  That's the problem I have.  I don't think Brown will ever be into a situation where's expected to take up a larger role.

Ingram becoming a second tier option over Brown as you say has far more to do with teammates. Who would even possible be a number 1 on LA, Lonzo? If 2 FAs get there next year as expected Ingram will be a number 3 at best.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

The same can be said for Ingram though. Lakers are trying to make moves for FA; by default Ingram will be the second or third scorer. It's no different. 

16 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

That doesn't necessarily make him a punk. He could just not like the Raptors. 

15 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Like most of the nba

Fair enough haha. I didn't say anything out of line if you're gonna act like a punk on multiple occasions I'm gonna think you are a punk it's that simple. He hates the Raptors the raptors hate Boston it's fine but he can settle down a bit he's still a young guy just calm down.

This board has said much worse things about players on the raptors and I'm fine with that you don't need to get upset from the punk label. 

16 hours ago, CWood21 said:

He's expected to take up a larger role now. He's going from the 5th option to the 3rd option.

On 9/9/2017 at 11:40 AM, Troy Brown said:

He's expected to take up a larger role now. He's going from the 5th option to the 3rd option.

To me, that seems optimistic.  I think Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward are the first and second options respectively.  And then I'd imagine that Al Horford would likely be 3rd.

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

To me, that seems optimistic.  I think Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward are the first and second options respectively.  And then I'd imagine that Al Horford would likely be 3rd.

I guess it depends on your definition of option. Usage? Yeah, I'm with you on that, Horford will still be initiating the offense most of the time, but I think Brown surpasses his shot attempts. 

16 hours ago, coors said:

Ingram for me. Brown seems to get by on his athleticism alone. I think Ingram is more skilled. 

Stuff like this irks me. 

Brown is a better shooter, a better passer, a better defender, a better rebounder, and is the better athlete. The only thing Ingram does better than Brown as of their rookie seasons is handle the ball .

Archived