A.M- Life After Marcus Watch (options?)

KingTitan

On 11/17/2019 at 8:31 AM, TitanLegend said:

fwiw

Interesting.  I guess I'm glad our guys didn't go through all the trouble and then say "Screw It" when he moved it last minute.  But I have zero confidence he will ever start another game or resemble a decent quarterback if he does.

14 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

beginning to suspect we don’t draft a QB early this year. maybe in the mid rounds as a backup- but with tua’s injury this class is looking pretty bad. we may not end up liking anyone this year.

I think this is a weak class honestly, even with an healthy Tua. I think the QB's are very dependent on where they go. None of them are the type of QB that can rise above a system. They need specific coaching/scheme to be successful. 

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I  don't agree with the people who loved this class as a whole, but I think Burrow is the real deal. Loved him since the season started and he's proved himself each week.

Burrow has met each challenge. Improved greatly. He is for real.  He has been my number one since week 2. And the first name I mentioned in the start of this thread. Lol. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, -Hope- said:

beginning to suspect we don’t draft a QB early this year. maybe in the mid rounds as a backup- but with tua’s injury this class is looking pretty bad. we may not end up liking anyone this year.

I feel the same, and I've been saying all along that I don't want to force a QB pick just because it's expected. I want to be patient and smart about who we invest our future into next. The FO might feel differently about this class, but I don't feel like any of these guys are real franchise changing QBs right now. I'm cool with rolling with Tannehill next year and seeing how the chips fall with the QBs draft wise. If one falls right into our laps that we like maybe we pull the trigger, but I wouldn't be going out of my way (giving up future draft picks) to draft any of these guys.

18 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I  don't agree with the people who loved this class as a whole, but I think Burrow is the real deal. Loved him since the season started and he's proved himself each week.

burrow is a baller and i'd be elated if we got him, but given where we'll be drafting it's almost certainly not in the cards.

20 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Assuming we're picking somewhere in the 13-19 range, I really hope we don't draft a QB until round 2/3

I've been thinking about the possibility of us drafting one of these WRs in the first. They say this is the best WR class in a long time. Could you imagine someone like Tee Higgins in the first?

It is not needed, but I like the idea of getting all these weapons. 

But likely what is going to happen is drafting a QB in the first, because of that 5th year option.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I've been thinking about the possibility of us drafting one of these WRs in the first. They say this is the best WR class in a long time. Could you imagine someone like Tee Higgins in the first?

But likely what is going to happen is drafting a QB in the first, because of that 5th year option.

Only way I’d want a WR in the first is if we then in turn treat him like a first rounder and work to get him the ball consistently 

so basically when pigs fly 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

If we draft a WR in the first round with Corey Davis, AJ Brown and Adam Humphries on the roster I might just shoot myself.

WR isn't anywhere even close to a need. And we don't even throw to the talented ones we have.

Weapons on offense period isn't really a need. We have those guys at receiver, Jonnu at TE(will have Delanie too if we extend him? I suppose it depends on how he plays to end the year), Firkser is a fine depth receiving option behind him, might wanna get a blocking TE, I suspect the team is gonna extend Henry because that's just the kind of stupid decisions our franchise makes so we'll probably have him too. I even think our o-line is fine if we resign Conklin, so long as we make a coaching change at OL coach.

I'd focus the early picks on pass rush.

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

If we draft a WR in the first round with Corey Davis, AJ Brown and Adam Humphries on the roster I might just shoot myself.

WR isn't anywhere even close to a need. And we don't even throw to the talented ones we have.

Weapons on offense period isn't really a need. We have those guys at receiver, Jonnu at TE(will have Delanie too if we extend him? I suppose it depends on how he plays to end the year), Firkser is a fine depth receiving option behind him, might wanna get a blocking TE, I suspect the team is gonna extend Henry because that's just the kind of stupid decisions our franchise makes so we'll probably have him too. I even think our o-line is fine if we resign Conklin, so long as we make a coaching change at OL coach.

I'd focus the early picks on pass rush.

i think a mid-round deep threat so we're not relying on random practice squad guys would be nice, and probably a RB2 to replace dion lewis if we don't find one in FA. but yeah, no chance i'm touching WR in the first.