Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

4 minutes ago, MightyRx said:

He didn't fight AJ Green though...

Got you. He just got ejected for keeping his hands off him then. The video above clearly shows him aggressively pushing Green to the ground before all hell brakes loose and while they’re on the ground we can’t see what’s happening from Ramsey.

Even still if I’m in grade school and pushes another student down to the ground, the other guy swings a few punches... is the teacher going to say that I didn’t fight the other kid. Heck if I’m at a bar and do the same thing are the cops going to say I didn’t fight the other kid?

By arguing otherwise you’re simply arguing some level of semantics for... no reason at all. The point is it was an “incident” that happened “on field”. Just like the Johnny Holton incident and the Doug Marrone incident. Call then what you want, but they happened and they are “incidents”.

Edited by diamondbull424

What’s more you have the off the field “incidents” with arriving in the brinks truck. With his comments to the Cowboys after the draft.

These are all things that teams will look at and see the value of the All Pro player and hope when they pay him he doesn’t have some sort of random “sex acts” or “bar assaults” that force them to take the brunt of the media storm.

If Ramsey were a high character player that has never had an “on field” or “off field” incident plus had the talent he possesses and for some odd reason in said universe he wanted to be traded... another team would have no qualms with forking over two 1sts.

But in the predictions thread about who everyone thought the next player was that would blow up, half the participants predicted Jalen Ramsey. Whether misunderstood circumstances or not... they’ve happened and other teams have to factor them into consideration when trading for him and when offering him extensions with guaranteed money.

I'm down for trading for him for sure, if he was a seemingly terrible human like Tyreek Hill, I wouldn’t be down for it even if it could seriously help the Ravens and the price was right. Ramsey seems like a decent guy that marches to his own drum, kind of like my perception of TO, Steve Smith, or Chad Johnson.

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Got you. He just got ejected for keeping his hands off him then. The video above clearly shows him aggressively pushing Green to the ground before all hell brakes loose and while they’re on the ground we can’t see what’s happening from Ramsey.

Even still if I’m in grade school and pushes another student down to the ground, the other guy swings a few punches... is the teacher going to say that I didn’t fight the other kid. Heck if I’m at a bar and do the same thing are the cops going to say I didn’t fight the other kid?

By arguing otherwise you’re simply arguing some level of semantics for... no reason at all. The point is it was an “incident” that happened “on field”. Just like the Johnny Holton incident and the Doug Marrone incident. Call then what you want, but they happened and they are “incidents”.

The NFL literally came out after the game and said he shouldn't have been ejected because nothing he did was even worthy of a flag. But go ahead with the narrative. 

He's also not in grade school on the playground or in a bar. He's on a football field where players get pushed 40 times a game.

Hell, even old crotchety Tom Coughlin said Jalen did nothing wrong.

And the NFL fined Green for two seperate reasons in the fight, both for fighting and for unsportsmanlike conduct. Weird.

44 minutes ago, pwny said:

The NFL literally came out after the game and said he shouldn't have been ejected because nothing he did was even worthy of a flag. But go ahead with the narrative. 

C'mon there is no way that shouldn't have been unsportsmanlike conduct. Blindsiding a player well after the play. AJ wasn't in the best mood that day it seems but every once in a while you have to take care of business and I'm sure Ramsey never pulls a cheap shot like that on Green again.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

C'mon there is no way that shouldn't have been unsportsmanlike conduct. Blindsiding a player well after the play. AJ wasn't in the best mood that day it seems but every once in a while you have to take care of business and I'm sure Ramsey never pulls a cheap shot like that on Green again.

Every single unsportsmanlike penalty comes with a minimum fine. Jalen wasn't fined. Ergo, he didn't commit an unsportsmanlike penalty, no matter how dramatic of a description you want to retell the story with.

noedDSD.png

He should have been fined a minimum of $10,527 for the late hit or for striking, however you want to classify what you claim he did. If it was, as you claim, a "blindside hit" "well after the play," and that there's "no way that it shouldn't have been unsportsmanlike conduct," there's no argument to be made that he shouldn't have been fined. 

And yet...

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

He aggressively pushes AJ Green down to the ground well after the play vs just swiping his arm away. That leads to the scuffle.

This sounds like lawyer-speak, lol. In the NFL world, that wasn’t aggressive at all. Unnecessary, yeah. Aggressive? Please. 

We going to act like this doesn’t happen all the time with little-to-no consequences? 

19605D0E-8E2C-4157-806D-74F7CECAF150.gif

No ejections on the ensuing scuffle. Von probably doesn’t get two 1sts after that move.

9 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

This sounds like lawyer-speak, lol. In the NFL world, that wasn’t aggressive at all. Unnecessary, yeah. Aggressive? Please. 

We going to act like this doesn’t happen all the time with little-to-no consequences? 

19605D0E-8E2C-4157-806D-74F7CECAF150.gif

No ejections on the ensuing scuffle. Von probably doesn’t get two 1sts after that move.

MULTIPLE ON-FIELD INCIDENTS. Broncos could never get full value for him.

52 minutes ago, pwny said:

Brady has lashed out at multiple coaches, including Josh McDaniels and Bill O'Brien

Multiple on-field incidents! No one would have ever traded max value for him!

1. You seem quite emotional about this? Especially considering there was no slight mentioned.

2. I stated it was an “incident”, then when you asked me what, I said “fight” which is what it was portrayed as in the media. Also Ramsey definitely violently pushes him after the play. That’s clearly an infraction. Even if it isn’t worthy of a fine.

3. So as critical as you are of everything else, what about the other fighting incident where he grabs the receivers helmet? What excuse for this one?

10 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

2. I stated it was an “incident”,

You didn't just call it an incident. You implied that it reduces his value across the league. It doesn't. And it's ridiculous to imply that teams are going to view him as worth less to them because of incidents that happen across the league regularly and the NFL deemed to be not even worthy of a penalty.

10 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Also Ramsey definitely violently pushes him after the play. That’s clearly an infraction. Even if it isn’t worthy of a fine.

If it was an unsportsmanlike penalty, it is required to be accompanied by the minimum fine. There is no "it's a penalty but not a fine". It is either an unsportsmanlike penalty accompanied by a fine or not a penalty. Your argument has absolutely no legs to stand on. The NFL deemed it wasn't a violation, because a violation requires a minimum fine. That's what minimum means.

15 minutes ago, pwny said:

MULTIPLE ON-FIELD INCIDENTS. Broncos could never get full value for him.

You are really getting heated over this, like I said it doesn’t offend ME, but NFL executives? Would this cause them to pause? Absolutely. Because they’re not just signing him to a deal, they’re also losing potential future resources if it turns south.

If Ramsey is showing up in a brinks truck now, does he get more outlandish and show up in helicopters when he has money? If the salary cap goes up and he once again feels underpaid, does he start doing sit ups in his driveway? Does he have issue with being used in zone coverage with a separate team?

These aren’t slights. These are “concerns”. It doesn’t mean Jalen ISN’T worthy of his value based off his on field play. It’s that if he gets even worse once he gets paid, you are left with the calamity. Was Antonio Brown worthy of great value last year based off his on field production? Sure, one could argue that. Heck everyone panned the Steelers when they ONLY got mid round picks for him, yet in retrospect they got great value considering he’s no longer in the league.