Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

14 minutes ago, pwny said:

Yeah, if this was going to be the play, it would have and should have been the play from the beginning. 

Except if he takes that path, it's clear he can't fix it, and it hurts his trade value, the team is going to be able to put him on the IR and trade him in the offseason. They have an entire year of control after this one; there's no immediacy to trading him if he's just faking being ill and maybe going to switch to faking being hurt. 

The Jaguars then are shooting themselves in the foot. If they wait said team will not have Ramsey to compete for this season. Thus lowering what they will be willing to pay.

If they’re not willing to pay two 1sts now, they certainly won’t be willing to pay that amount later.

But hey, you guys are in the thick of it so I suppose you guys will have to hold out the hope that Ramsey in the middle of his 3rd year asking for a hefty extension with multiple on field incidents to his name will net two top 10 picks.

edit: And I know it could look like sarcasm, but I’m saying if Ed Reed was in his prime I’m sure that’s the kind of value I would’ve wanted for him.

Edited by diamondbull424

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:
Edit: Some language issues with the tweet. But someone on Twitter said Ryan Clark said on ESPN Ramsey has puked multiple times and has a fever with team doctor's being at his home right now.

There you go. He's not faking being sick, and if he was that'd be a pretty awful excuse to go with.

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

There you go. He's not faking being sick, and if he was that'd be a pretty awful excuse to go with.

There are ways to “fake sick” by way of medicine. Would be over the top to the max, but put some atropine in the system or some other drug and who knows... the timing just seems a little too suspicious for me.

I mean, the chances have to be similarly high that a player would try something that “desperate” as much as said player would get legitimately sick the day his owner decides to make a power play.

Not saying he’s not sick, but athletes/agents have access to all kinds of things. This would be the first I’ve heard of “faking sick” in such a manner, but I’ve also never heard of a football player freezing his foot before either. 2019 just might be the year of firsts. 😂

22 minutes ago, .Buzz said:
Edit: Some language issues with the tweet. But someone on Twitter said Ryan Clark said on ESPN Ramsey has puked multiple times and has a fever with team doctor's being at his home right now.

Jalen Ramsey is 24 years old. 

Consulting resident old people of FF - can you be hung over enough to throw up the next day multiple times at 24? I say no.

31 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

There are ways to “fake sick” by way of medicine. Would be over the top to the max, but put some atropine in the system or some other drug and who knows... the timing just seems a little too suspicious for me.

I mean, the chances have to be similarly high that a player would try something that “desperate” as much as said player would get legitimately sick the day his owner decides to make a power play.

Not saying he’s not sick, but athletes/agents have access to all kinds of things. This would be the first I’ve heard of “faking sick” in such a manner, but I’ve also never heard of a football player freezing his foot before either. 2019 just might be the year of firsts. 😂

There's no reason to think Jalen would do any of that.

He said he wants a trade, he's also said while he's here he's going to do his job and support his teammates. 

You're reaching here. Especially considering multiple people with sources close to Jalen are confirming it. If he didn't want to be here and wanted to make a big deal out of it (as Jalen would), he'd just do that.

54 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

The Jaguars then are shooting themselves in the foot. If they wait said team will not have Ramsey to compete for this season. Thus lowering what they will be willing to pay.

If they’re not willing to pay two 1sts now, they certainly won’t be willing to pay that amount later.

It also wouldn't decrease his trade value to be traded next season. He's 24 years old, we're not talking about a guy that's not going to last through his next contract or something like that. HIs value doesn't decrease because you get him at 25 instead of 24 and a half.

And yes, under ideal conditions for the other teams, he doesn't become more valuable. But if there's a new GM for a team that could use him, or a team like maybe Dallas can't get a deal done with their guy, that opens up other possible trades. Plus all the teams who think they're out of it this season like the Saints or Steelers (even though the Steelers already traded for a CB) or the lower end teams would be less likely to make a trade now and commit to giving a new contract this season rather than next. 

But I'm still mostly concerned with what you think are these multiple on-field incidents? Like when he got punched by AJ Green and then didn't do anything? Or is it him yelling at a coach - which even Tom Brady has done - the big issue? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pwny said:

But I'm still mostly concerned with what you think are these multiple on-field incidents? Like when he got punched by AJ Green and then didn't do anything? Or is it him yelling at a coach - which even Tom Brady has done - the big issue? 

He fought Johnny Holton

He aggressively pushes AJ Green down to the ground well after the play vs just swiping his arm away. That leads to the scuffle.

This isn’t a “fight” but definitely heavy words are exchanged with the head coach... Brady has never went in on The Hoodie like that, just some random coach.