Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

9 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Of course he can. He can talk all he wants and he can be physical all he wants. Shoving someone in the back is different. I'm not surprised Green snapped. I think anyone would. But I'm not buying this victim narrative.

No one's calling him a victim. He clearly instigated the reaction...thats part of his game. Ideally had the refs called it correctly, Green gets tossed for reaction and jalen continues to play on.  That's a win for the Jaguars.

That's what should have happened. And the NFL's punishment for Green and non-punishment for Ramsey is an indicative of that.

There's been several Jags players who lost their cool and earned 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct that hurt the team (and subsequent fine after) Telvin, Myles, Ngakoue, etc.

Don't recall one for Jalen.

He pushes buttons but doesn't cross the line.

edit: actually I recall one vs titans

Edited by Speedyg
added

1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

He'd be a fool to do that. Players might support other players messing with coaching or management, even requesting to get out of town, but getting on the field and dogging it is unforgivable 

Worked for Moss in Oakland. Don't think the other players cared that he didn't give a poop :)

Edited by PapaShogun

7 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Now say it without crying. 

In all seriousness, I'd be surprised if he went that route. Seems like it would be very tiring mentally just to be that calculated. 

Nah, he seriously isn't like that. To go with that he'd just tank his value in the process once he hit FA. As said above, he hasn't gotten paid yet.

But he's way to big of a competitor/loves the game too much to pack it in. Plus he's really close with a lot of guys on that D. That wouldn't go down well.

31 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Now say it without crying. 

In all seriousness, I'd be surprised if he went that route. Seems like it would be very tiring mentally just to be that calculated. 

He’s really not like that though. I still see this ending badly for the Jaguars and then losing him for far less than he’s worth. I can see him forcing his way out by being loud and putting pressure on the team through the media and by proxy tearing apart the locker room through his public grievances. 

But he’s way too competitive and cares way too much about winning to be the guy who loafs around as a malcontent. Taking that route would go against everything we know about him as a player. 

There have been a few of us who have always said the Jaguars aren’t going to be able to keep him, dating back years. The reasons have always been exactly what we’re seeing now; he won’t stand for losing and he won’t stand for being disrespected and this team is incredibly adept at doing both. He’s not going to start purposefully losing, even if it would ultimately help his cause. If he’s going to force his way out, it’s going to happen another way.

17 minutes ago, pwny said:

He’s really not like that though. I still see this ending badly for the Jaguars and then losing him for far less than he’s worth. I can see him forcing his way out by being loud and putting pressure on the team through the media and by proxy tearing apart the locker room through his public grievances. 

But he’s way too competitive and cares way too much about winning to be the guy who loafs around as a malcontent. Taking that route would go against everything we know about him as a player. 

There have been a few of us who have always said the Jaguars aren’t going to be able to keep him, dating back years. The reasons have always been exactly what we’re seeing now; he won’t stand for losing and he won’t stand for being disrespected and this team is incredibly adept at doing both. He’s not going to start purposefully losing, even if it would ultimately help his cause. If he’s going to force his way out, it’s going to happen another way.

If he gets traded to a losing team, I wonder if he would wanted to immediately be traded again. Maybe he'd threaten not to report. 

Edited by PapaShogun

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

If he gets traded to a losing team, I wonder if he would wanted to immediately be traded again. Maybe he'd threaten not to report. 

I assume he’s just going to have his agent make it known that he won’t play for a team unless he gets a new contract. Then make unreasonable demands if there are any teams that he doesn’t want to play for, effectively pulling those teams out of the race to land him. Maybe if it’s a team he wants to play for, he’ll play without the new contract, but he’ll use that as a bargaining piece to make sure he doesn’t get traded somewhere he’s not going to like.

32 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

The dude literally said the Raiders and Titans were two of his favorite possible destinations.

"All I wanna do is win"...sure Jalen. 😂

58 minutes ago, fortdetroit said:

Come to the Lions Jalen!

There was an article or tweet Kyle Meinke referenced on MLive that said they were interested. I severely doubt Bob Quinn would give up 2 1st rd picks for him. Ramsey does fit their man scheme though. My guess is the Jags get far less than what they are asking for but it will include a first rd pick.