Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Goedert, 1 and what else for Jalen? Talk to me.

Ultimately don't think it'd be a smart move to invest that much (1st, 2nd Goedert) into a CB, no matter how good he is (...#1 CB IMO)... especially in our case, since I doubt we would design any parts of our scheme around him, we'd surely just plug him into the scheme as it is, which is a waste of an elite talent like Ramsey. He should be left on an island and/or shadowing #1s.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

He did go on a rant but it seemed like it was pretty much just with Coughlin and the fact we've paid guys from outside the org./inside the org that may not have been worth it or didn't work out while playing hardball with him, Yann, etc.

If we make him the highest paid DB, tell TC to shut up/get out, I think it can be fine.

That's what I foresee happening. Just the money, show him the love, is probably enough, but getting rid of TC might be good for org in general from the sounds of it.

7 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Ultimately don't think it'd be a smart move to invest that much (1st, 2nd Goedert) into a CB, no matter how good he is (...#1 CB IMO)... especially in our case, since I doubt we would design any parts of our scheme around him, we'd surely just plug him into the scheme as it is, which is a waste of an elite talent like Ramsey. He should be left on an island and/or shadowing #1s.

That's what I foresee happening. Just the money, show him the love, is probably enough, but getting rid of TC might be good for org in general from the sounds of it.

What you said earlier about no going back is kind of my concern with this whole "talks have stopped, we're keeping him" stuff Now Goedert a 1st and 2nd has me way more intrigued than the Ravens "offer"

Signing him doesnt exactly make it all go away but if his beef really is with TC, I feel like firing him might be the way to go. In THIS NFL the players aren't going to take to someone like TC very well especially when he isn't even a coach, he might have 2 rings but he isn't there every day trying to make the players better and showing them love like some of them are

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

There is no one credible claiming that's a real trade offer from Baltimore. I'm sure Jax would be all over that. That's tremendous value. I think Khan really wants to keep Ramsey.

Agreed. That's a great offer that not many teams would even approach, so I doubt it's real.

I read a report today on SI saying Khan does not want to trade him. We'll see how Ramsey reacts on Monday.

• Despite Jalen Ramsey's request for a trade, the Jacksonville Jaguars are not interested in trading the Pro Bowl cornerback, or he would have been sent away by now, per sources.

Ramsey still is adamant that he wants to be traded, and this stance sets up a potential showdown between the player and the team to see which side gets what it wants. In the coming days, once the Jaguars return to practice Monday, Ramsey could try to force the team's hand.

Practice will offer the first clue as to Ramsey's strategy. If he participates in practice, he will appear to be going along with the team's stance. But if because of his continued unhappiness, Ramsey finds a reason not to practice, that will be a sign that the showdown is on.

For now, both sides appear entrenched in their respective positions.

I was just at a press conference and I have breaking news to share

Despite many questions asking this, Ramsey remained adamant that he's NOT GOING TO PLAY this Sunday.

WOW

Ramsey refusing to play this weekend is definitely indictative of where his mind is at.

When the Jags coach was asked if there was a chance Ramsey could come in off the bench for this Sundays game and contribute, he looked confused as if thinking "Why would I want Ramsey to play after all this chaos?" After composing himself, he gave a chuckle and said "I don't think thats going to happen."

However this just led to the coach being peppered by similar questions regarding Ramseys playing status for the weekend and the reasons behind it.

Finally, the coach shouted "You guys know theres not even going to be a game this weekend right?!"

Many heads nodded sadly in the sea of reporters. It was true. Without Ramsey on the field, it wasnt going to be much of a game at all.

For my money I think Ramsey has already been traded in principle to a team. It seems fishy that for so long we had so much info flowing in on this incident, yet FTMP things have gone radio silent.

Crickets in the woods only stop chirping when something big is coming.

The only reason I don’t think a trade has yet to go down is because games are still being played this week and this likely aforementioned trade is involving a player. Thus there would be no strategic benefit to releasing the terms of the trade now. Ramsey wasn’t going to be able to play in week 3 for his new team anyway, so no reason to trade a player valuable enough to be in a Ramsey deal without using him to win you games.

Sure said team risks injury to said player, but any team trading for Ramsey is a contender and likely can’t afford to lose games early and destroy their chances at HFA.

The Ravens and Chiefs come to mind especially. Imagine removing that player from the lineup. That might be the difference between a loss and a victory. Especially since announcing that player is gone come have an initial morale impact.

Thus I’m sure news will break regarding the Ramsey deal later today or early tomorrow morning when that team has a chance to talk to whichever player is included within the deal.

Of course, I think it’s the Ravens. And I think the Hayden Hurst deal will prove to be true. It’s a bit rich for my blood, but the Ravens believe in elite coverage and scheming pressure, so how valuable is an All Pro corner? You can’t necessarily put a value on it because they don’t typically come to be available.

Hurst is from Jacksonville, is very talented at a position the Jaguars are sorely lacking in. Hurst has done a good job in line and as an H-back with blocking. If not for All Pro efforts from Andrews, us having one of the best FBs in the league in Patrick Ricard, and us having one of the best blocking TEs in the league in Nick Boyle, Hurst would see a lot more receiving opportunities. With another team he’s for sure a 600-700+ yard receiving threat. 

Lastly the Ravens were enamored with Ramsey in that draft and a team that typically values picks highly and typically prefers to trade down for more picks... actually tried to trad up for Ramsey? So with Ramsey going on the block, I can’t see them not being the most aggressive with regard to putting together a deal to get this done.

But still I think the deal is rich, it’s essentially giving them two 1sts like they want.

Edit: Lamar is also on his rookie deal and thus this will be the optimal time for the team to start gearing up for a run with elite talents throughout the football team.

Edited by diamondbull424

11 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

For my money I think Ramsey has already been traded in principle to a team. It seems fishy that for so long we had so much info flowing in on this incident, yet FTMP things have gone radio silent.

Crickets in the woods only stop chirping when something big is coming.

The only reason I don’t think a trade has yet to go down is because games are still being played this week and this likely aforementioned trade is involving a player. Thus there would be no strategic benefit to releasing the terms of the trade now. Ramsey wasn’t going to be able to play in week 3 for his new team anyway, so no reason to trade a player valuable enough to be in a Ramsey deal without using him to win you games.

Sure said team risks injury to said player, but any team trading for Ramsey is a contender and likely can’t afford to lose games early and destroy their chances at HFA.

The Ravens and Chiefs come to mind especially. Imagine removing that player from the lineup. That might be the difference between a loss and a victory. Especially since announcing that player is gone come have an initial morale impact.

Thus I’m sure news will break regarding the Ramsey deal later today or early tomorrow morning when that team has a chance to talk to whichever player is included within the deal.

Of course, I think it’s the Ravens. And I think the Hayden Hurst deal will prove to be true. It’s a bit rich for my blood, but the Ravens believe in elite coverage and scheming pressure, so how valuable is an All Pro corner? You can’t necessarily put a value on it because they don’t typically come to be available.

Hurst is from Jacksonville, is very talented at a position the Jaguars are sorely lacking in. Hurst has done a good job in line and as an H-back with blocking. If not for All Pro efforts from Andrews, us having one of the best FBs in the league in Patrick Ricard, and us having one of the best blocking TEs in the league in Nick Boyle, Hurst would see a lot more receiving opportunities. With another team he’s for sure a 600-700+ yard receiving threat. 

Lastly the Ravens were enamored with Ramsey in that draft and a team that typically values picks highly and typically prefers to trade down for more picks... actually tried to trad up for Ramsey? So with Ramsey going on the block, I can’t see them not being the most aggressive with regard to putting together a deal to get this done.

But still I think the deal is rich, it’s essentially giving them two 1sts like they want.

Edit: Lamar is also on his rookie deal and thus this will be the optimal time for the team to start gearing up for a run with elite talents throughout the football team.

Deal might still happen but as of right now no deal is in the works or close to completed according to Rapsheet and Schefter.

11 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Deal might still happen but as of right now no deal is in the works or close to completed according to Rapsheet and Schefter.

I understand that’s what they say. But like I said, if it’s a deal involving a player. There’s no strategic benefit to leaking any of the parameters of a deal to the media at large or using your “normal” sources. If it were only picks involved than I’m sure we would see more news coming out about it. Instead it’s been all quiet on the western front. For at least a day or two it was “too quiet” and that leads me to believe something is going down after the games wrap up on Sunday and players arrive back from their away flights.

I’m thinking news won’t officially “break” until very late tonight (player hears trade from the horses mouth as respectfully as possible) OR very early tomorrow morning. With a press conference taking place Monday afternoon/evening (depending on when said team typically meets with the media).

But hey, just consider my opinion a hot take to be disproven within the next 24 hours.

On 21/09/2019 at 10:49 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anyone he gets traded to will be drafting late. No scrub team will take him and he likely wont say to them he'd sign an extension either

Yeah.  There aren't going to be any really "Bad" teams with projected high picks, in on the Jalen sweepstakes.  It'd be stupid to trade for the guy, when he's clearly just going to continue to be unhappy on a different bad team, with even less "upside".  Whatever 1st round picks the Jaguars can get for Jalen, they'll be later ones.

On 21/09/2019 at 12:37 AM, .Buzz said:

He's locked up here for at least the next 3 years. If he doesn't play or plays poorly, good luck getting the fat extension you want.

If he was in last year of his contract sure, but...

There's practically zero chance Jalen plays on a 5th year option, or even a Franchise tag with the Jaguars organization at this point.  The relationship has clearly soured.  Sure, technically he's under control for a while longer...but it's not even a guarantee he shows up to play this Sunday, much less comes to play next year.  I think it's far more likely he pulls a Lev Bell and sits out the season, before he plays for the Jaguars next year on an option year.

On 21/09/2019 at 11:00 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This is just the problem with selling the farm for a DB in general.  Yes, he's a great player and and can be an impact performer...but it's ultimately a position that can be schemed around more than others.  It's not like an impact pass rusher where you can just plug them into pretty much any scheme and let 'em run.  With an "elite" CB...you have to really have the flexibility to build a lot of your scheme around trusting them to hold up 1v1 snap after snap.  It's just not feasible for very many teams.  It's really hard to get the "absolute most" out of a guy like Ramsey.  The best way to really maximize that kind of talent, is to run varied coverages and utilize his versatility...but it seems like he's not a big fan of that, so...

Well scheme adaptability and Jim Schwartz is a Oxymoron so the Eagles must be out. He's beyond Stubborn. 

However if as a DC you have absolutely no problems what so ever leaving scrubs like Jalen Mills, Darby, Douglas and Jones on a Island to get abused regularly. Imagine what might be accomplished if Ramsey was inserted in one of those spots instead?

One can hope.