Steelers trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick from Dolphins for 1st-round pick

49erurtaza

9 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

People seem to be forgetting that Ben has not been the same Ben that most seem to be remembering him as. Just saying...

he wasn't good last year and this year looked less inspired. The team looked to have a spark when Rudolph entered the game, maybe that was it, the writing is on the wall as they say

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think your offensive line and pass rush will determine this week anyway. Mason just has to be competent. If that line or pass rush struggle, 0-3 is a hard hole to climb out of

Hard hole for the playoffs sure.  But I don't think 0-3 means top 5 pick automatically.  But our next 6 games are Niners, Bengals, Ravens, Chargers, Dolphins, Colts.  And based on chargers injuries we might come out of that stretch 4-2 to 3-3.

I love this trade. Minkah is going to be a good player, but right now he's been terrible so far this year and it's not just because the system sucks. Teams have targeted him one on one and roasted him. He's refused to play multiple positions and be a leader. We got a potential top 10 pick out of this. Grier has been doing a masterful job in terms of getting great value in trades. My only question is can he turn these picks into legit players? We can now draft 3 starters including the future QB in the same round. I'm loving this tank job. 

Edited by Lilseb93
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

So something that came out, unrelated to this: Rudolph said Ben's been complaining a little over a week now about his elbow.  Maybe part of the bad start is due to Ben having too much arm pain to throw it deep, and having Mason in there will get the offense back on track.

And to be honest, we lost week 2 because the defense sucked rather than the offense being bad.

agree about the defence costing the team. However, ben has been terrible in september for the last several years, so that's nothing new. The injury though, is too bad and it won't allow him to play this year . Didn't he say he felt better than ever etc?

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

he wasn't good last year and this year looked less inspired. The team looked to have a spark when Rudolph entered the game, maybe that was it, the writing is on the wall as they say

We may be splitting hairs here but he wasn't as bad as many think he was last year, IMO. The year before, he struggled in the 1st half(?) and finally starting to get it together.

That said, these last 2 years are a far cry from he used to be and I feel like most people, who dont watch every Steelers games, are still going off of name and prestige rather than actual play. 

• Like 1

I'm happy the Dolphins traded him while he still had great value. I was worried he would pack it in all year, hurt his value, and the Dolphins would have little leverage in a trade. But we managed to get not only a first rounder, but possibly a top 10 pick or higher. Even if it's not, it's still a first round pick for a guy who doesn't want to be here. 

• Like 2