2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

This is the first year in a while that I’m kinda against trading down. Feels like there’s a clear drop off after the top 15-16 players and then from pick 17 to pick 80 you’re kinda getting the same guy. 

I want a blue chip player this time. I’d prefer a WR or Henderson but could live with an OT. 

Edited by paul-mac
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

This is the first year in a while that I’m kinda against trading down. Feels like there’s a clear drop off after the top 15-16 players and then from pick 17 to pick 80 you’re kinda getting the same guy. 

I want a blue chip player this time. I’d prefer a WR or Henderson but could live with an OT. 

I agree - and hopefully the cards fall right for us to do that.

8 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Well, you think Elway's not part of that too ?? Klis is just a Broncos mouthpiece and the Duke has said we're not taking an OT, not moving up, we're fine with whoever is at 15....all teams do it. Read today that the Giants are considering Brown at 4....Lying Season is all around us !!

Oh absolutely!  Lies on top of lies. In the Broncos case, I’m sure Elway and crew are feeding Klis one tall tail after another....

• Like 1

For a unique WR double dip, I like the idea Pittman and Laviska. I think Shenault is destined to fall to R3 with his injury history and limited rout experience. 

Sutton, Pittman and Shenault would be a scary trio. You get the NFL ready #2 and the high upside, manufactured touch guy in Laviska with Sutton the #1 outside do-it-all. 

38 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

For a unique WR double dip, I like the idea Pittman and Laviska. I think Shenault is destined to fall to R3 with his injury history and limited rout experience. 

Sutton, Pittman and Shenault would be a scary trio. You get the NFL ready #2 and the high upside, manufactured touch guy in Laviska with Sutton the #1 outside do-it-all. 

Also like Lynn Bowden, Antonio Gibson, Malcolm Perry and Quez Watkins as mid-late round manufactured touch guys 

• Like 1

Also like Lynn Bowden, Antonio Gibson, Malcolm Perry and Quez Watkins as mid-late round manufactured touch guys 

Ya, and the value is likely better than Laviska in reality. Although I could see see Bowden and Gibson going much earlier than expected (Late R2 - Early R3). 

Gibson is still my guy for manufactured touches. Would love him as the double dip in R3 w/ Pittman earlier in R2. 

44 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Ya, and the value is likely better than Laviska in reality. Although I could see see Bowden and Gibson going much earlier than expected (Late R2 - Early R3). 

Gibson is still my guy for manufactured touches. Would love him as the double dip in R3 w/ Pittman earlier in R2. 

If Laviska is available in the third, and his medicals are even just okay, you *run* to the podium. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, broncosfan_101 said:

If Laviska is available in the third, and his medicals are even just okay, you *run* to the podium. 

I think Shenault, if healthy, would be an absolute beast as a big slot receiver.  Not that he can’t do other things, but that’s just where I think he fits best.

• Like 1

So we're about done with this mock I talked about before we hit some serious speed bumps recently. This is what it turned out to be. 

1-15 Andrew Thomas T Georgia

2-14 Damon Arnette CB Ohio St

3-13 Chase Claypool WR Notre Dame

3-31 Rashard Lawrence DL LSU

4-12 KJ Hill WR Ohio St

5-33 Khalil Davis DL Nebraska

6-2 K'Von Wallace S Clemson

I was looking at safety in the 5th but the couple guys I was interested in went right before me so double dipped at DL. There are just the 2 comp picks left in the 7th. Well am I fired or is it at least mediocre?

37 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

So we're about done with this mock I talked about before we hit some serious speed bumps recently. This is what it turned out to be. 

1-15 Andrew Thomas T Georgia

2-14 Damon Arnette CB Ohio St

3-13 Chase Claypool WR Notre Dame

3-31 Rashard Lawrence DL LSU

4-12 KJ Hill WR Ohio St

5-33 Khalil Davis DL Nebraska

6-2 K'Von Wallace S Clemson

I was looking at safety in the 5th but the couple guys I was interested in went right before me so double dipped at DL. There are just the 2 comp picks left in the 7th. Well am I fired or is it at least mediocre?

What happened to our other 3rd ??  We had 77, 83 and 95....check your pockets

• Like 1

I'm really not Shocked to hear the Broncos are high on Mims he's a bigger Wr than Ruggs, a more complete we than Ruggs imo, a better redzone threat with 12 tds last year. He makes contested catches. I'm shocked he played last year with a broken hand and still had 66 catches 1000 yards and 12 tds. The Raiders are interested too though really hope they don't get him.

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

Austin Jackson is maybe the most frustrating player I’ve watched so far.  A guy with his size, length, and athleticism should not lose blocking assignments at the rate he does.  

He's soft lol reminds me a lot of Winston Justice buyer beware

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

He's soft lol reminds me a lot of Winston Justice buyer beware

The question is, how much slack does he deserve for 1) being young, 2) missing trading time and being out of shape because of the whole “sisters cancer” thing.  No idea. But he sounds like a really high character guy. You’d like to think that’s the sort of player Munchak could mold. 

• Like 2