{Poll} Should We Trade for Jalen Ramsey?

Mind Character

Should We Trade for Jalen Ramsey?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Trade for Jalen Ramsey?

2. 2. If We Do Trade for Him, What's Acceptable to Give Up?

• No 1st rounder; 2nd and 3rd rounders only or similar compensation
    • One 1st rounder, he's a special player.
    • A 1st and 3rd, he's a special player
    • Two 1st Rounders. What 2 picks in the Draft could we Get that's Better than Jalen Ramsey? He's a pro-bowl, all-pro, all-world athlete who loves the game and he's young. It gives us a true 1. I believe in Denzel and Greedy looks good but you just can't pass up an opportunity like this. The Draft picks we'll have will be lower in the 1st anyway.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Nothing. Don't Trade for him. We have Denzel and Greedy on rookie contracts. We can use our picks on other needs. Plus he's a big personality. Plus we'd have to pay him big money.

2 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Hell, I could live with two 3's even, but Dorsey would be nuts to pay more. 2020 Iooks good for OT's. I'm holding onto my 1st rounder for one of them, even expecting to probably have to use a 2021 pick to move up some. My focus this next off season is LT, OL, TE, n DL. 

My off season:

Cut: Kirksey, Carrie, n Hubbard

Resign: Tretter, Schobert, n Randall

Sign FA: Eric Ebron, Jack Conklin

Draft: LT in 1st, DE 2nd, SAF 3rd

What are your thoughtsnon robinson and tretter?

25 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

What are your thoughtsnon robinson and tretter?

Resign Tretter on a 2-3 year extension. Let Robinson and Hubbard walk, keeping Lamm at OT, signing Conklin as the starter at RT and drafting a LT.

If I'm Dorsey, I'd be working on a deal with Jacksonville for Ramsey but only if it included Yannick Ingakoue, who held out training camp, hasn't been given the new deal he wanted, and is a FA after the year. Give em both big fat new deals.

Trade would have to include Vernon going to Jacksonville to make the money work.

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

Resign Tretter on a 2-3 year extension. Let Robinson and Hubbard walk, keeping Lamm at OT, signing Conklin as the starter at RT and drafting a LT.

If I'm Dorsey, I'd be working on a deal with Jacksonville for Ramsey but only if it included Yannick Ingakoue, who held out training camp, hasn't been given the new deal he wanted, and is a FA after the year. Give em both big fat new deals.

Trade would have to include Vernon going to Jacksonville to make the money work.

One, cant let Hubbard walk, since he is under contract. You would have to cut him

I love the idea of signing Conklin but he is going to cost way too much .

2 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

I’d offer a 1+ Greedy. When generational talent level players come available I say go get them if you can as long as the price isn’t ridiculous.

Greedy:

2019 Player Grades

Overall

Ramsey:

2019 Player Grades

Overall

Now I'm not saying Greedy or even Ward are better players but Ramsey hasn't been shutdown this year (Ward hasn't either his grade is 45). PFF isn't entirely accurate and Greedy hasn't really been challenged yet but I'm cool with Greedy, Ward, Mitchell, Carrie and our 1st round pick next year over the alternative.

This is such a hard no for me.  Being all in sounds great until your team gets banged up, your rookie head coach has to learn a lot of hard lessons, or a combination of other factors that would cause any decent team in the NFL to go 6-10.  Trading away consecutive 1sts for OBJ and Ramsey will cause our team to implode if it falls too short of expectations.  And the level of expectation for this team is already way too high.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

This is such a hard no for me.  Being all in sounds great until your team gets banged up, your rookie head coach has to learn a lot of hard lessons, or a combination of other factors that would cause any decent team in the NFL to go 6-10.  Trading away consecutive 1sts for OBJ and Ramsey will cause our team to implode if it falls too short of expectations.  And the level of expectation for this team is already way too high.

Great post. 

We need to get cheaper. 

Cut kirko, walk randall, cut carrie, trade landry, so we can sign, baker, larry, garrett, ward, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Great post. 

We need to get cheaper. 

Cut kirko, walk randall, cut carrie, trade landry, so we can sign, baker, larry, garrett, ward, 

We aren't getting rid of Landry. He's a great fit for our culture and our team. We probably aren't cutting Kirksey either for the same reason. You don't see teams jettisoning team leaders to save cash very often and by all accounts, those are the two strongest leaders in our locker room. Coaches value that big time. And I know we have some big names to re-sign, but I don't think we can't make it work without cutting Kirksey and Landry.

I don't want to trade any of our defensive talent (starters) for Ramsey. If we could simply trade a 1st and change I'd do it. But it'll cost more than that.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

We aren't getting rid of Landry. He's a great fit for our culture and our team. We probably aren't cutting Kirksey either for the same reason. You don't see teams jettisoning team leaders to save cash very often and by all accounts, those are the two strongest leaders in our locker room. Coaches value that big time. And I know we have some big names to re-sign, but I don't think we can't make it work without cutting Kirksey and Landry.

I agree with Landry, not with Kirksey. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't want to trade any of our defensive talent (starters) for Ramsey. If we could simply trade a 1st and change I'd do it. But it'll cost more than that.

In isolation ramsey is great, qll things co sidered not worth it, 8-10% of the salary cap for a top flight corner and multiple picks. 

Im on the voat if plauers arent preforming, we need to move on juice is not thay productive at wr and is a punt returner for 15 million per year. I just dont rhink it is good economics, to be a leader yoi jave to be good. 

Kirko is facing his second season ending injury in two years. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

In isolation ramsey is great, qll things co sidered not worth it, 8-10% of the salary cap for a top flight corner and multiple picks. 

Im on the voat if plauers arent preforming, we need to move on juice is not thay productive at wr and is a punt returner for 15 million per year. I just dont rhink it is good economics, to be a leader yoi jave to be good. 

Kirko is facing his second season ending injury in two years. 

If Kirksey misses this whole year again he’s gone. Or getting restructured. 

We aren’t pissing everyone on our team and coaching staff off by cutting a good player and an elite leader. Landry might not have the stats of an elite WR, but he does all of the little things at an incredible level. He blocks. He RACs. He leads by example. He plays hurt. He holds teammates accountable. He’s invaluable to this team and I’d bet my pitiful salary that we don’t cut him any time soon. 

• Like 1