Patriots release WR Antonio Brown

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

How long of drug abuse did it take Irsay to see punishment. Like it or not because the players mean more to the success of the league, they will be held to a higher standard. Has to do with who has money, but also who brings it in. 

Wrong. It's because the owners have the money and that puts them above accountability. Do you think Irsay and Kraft's crimes don't negatively impact the league? Of course they do! But nothing can be done because they are above the law and by the way also very rich white men. When they commit crimes, they do PR. When players commit crimes they get punished, even if it's as little as possible to keep them on the field grinding out that money for the rich guys  

Edited by Superduperman

2 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Wrong. It's because the owners have the money and that puts them above accountability. Do you think Irsay and Kraft's crimes don't negatively impact the league? Of course they do! But nothing can be done because they are above the law and by the way also very rich white men. When they commit crimes, they do PR. When players commit crimes they get punished, even if it's as little as possible to keep them on the field grinding out that money for the rich guys  

Do you honestly think this is about one crime with AB?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

Is he really saying anything wrong? Those guys are employed and he lost his job is the point he's illustrating

He lost his job because of more than just being accused of sexual assault. He had also only been on the most recent team for 17 days, not 6 years.

Edited by seminoles1

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

He lost his job because of more than just being accused of sexual assault. He had also only been on the most recent team for 17 days, not 6 years.

I saw someone put perfectly why he was out of NE:

What’s crazy about ABs rant is that he was given the right of innocent until proven guilty. No one put him on an exempt list or cut him on allegations. The Pats told him not to contact the accuser (a reasonable ask I think) and he couldn’t just avoid doing that. That’s the reason he got cut. He doesn’t send those texts/tweets this past week and he’d still be a Pat making his money. He wasn’t even wronged the way he thinks he was.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ACO said:

Now AB is applauding folks attacking people? He really not helping his case here. 

He doesn't care all he wanted was money. He wanted his 9 million or 15 million and to coast through the season until fallout happens.

He doesn't want to play football anymore, but still needs his money. 

We are acting naive if we think AB has some type of moral compass. Mr big chest turned into Mr hot head and can smell his money burning as a result. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

What’s crazy about ABs rant is that he was given the right of innocent until proven guilty. No one put him on an exempt list or cut him on allegations. The Pats told him not to contact the accuser (a reasonable ask I think) and he couldn’t just avoid doing that. That’s the reason he got cut. He doesn’t send those texts/tweets this past week and he’d still be a Pat making his money. He wasn’t even wronged the way he thinks he was.

Exactly. AB is the one who screwed up. He was in the perfect situation. He just needed to STFU and ball out. He played well last week and we saw how people were reacting. But then he went and was AB again and did something boneheaded. The Pats had no choice and now he is mad? Give me a damn break. AB thinks he is god. 

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

That's what zero tolerance looks like

Don't do X, if you do - you're gone. He did X.

• Like 1

For real, this guy just set his entire career on fire. As reality starts to sink in he's lost tens of millions of dollars and his career prospects look bleak, you have to worry about self-harm.

I hope someone is able to get through to him before this spirals. I may enjoy seeing some karmic comeuppance for him, but I'd prefer it ended with him learning something and eventually returning to the field as an improved person. That may be wishful thinking, but I'd at least prefer his kids grow up with a father.

• Like 6