Patriots release WR Antonio Brown

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He's not even part of that generation that have never been without social media in their adult lives. Isn't he 30 something? Grow up man. 

Um, actually I think he is. I'm 30 and I've had social media in some form (Myspace) since early high school.

Brown is 31, so it's pretty safe to say he had social media for all of his adult life.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Re: TEN, I don't see it, unless AB is a better QB than he's shown so far.

And yeah, the NFL is going to take its own sweet time here, and likely drag the investigation so AB can't play this year....and probably even into 2020's games, enough that AB has zero chance to dominate the offseason news cycle.  A midseason 2020 ETA for league-sanctioned return would be the earliest ETA IMO...and by then, odds are AB adds enough additional sideshow antics that teams stay away.  He's a hot mess now, imagine what he will be like as the limelight dies down.  The dude cannot stay out of the limelight, so one can only shudder at the possibilities of what social media antics are coming soon.

I'm ready to see him go nuclear when he realize the Pats are not paying his 9 mil tomorrow. 

If he's out this year, then he's done for good. He won't be able to help himself. He will do something stupid and make sure no team takes a chance on him. 

AB signed those contract. ALL contracts have clauses that protect the team from paying players in extreme circumstances. That is AB's situation 100%. The Raiders don't have to pay him a damn thing and now the Patriots don't either. He can try and sue them all he wants but that will just be taking more money from his pockets cause the end result will be the same.

He is a moron and frankly deserves it all. Maybe this time away will be good for him. At this point no team show even be looking in his direction. He is talented but he is not worth the headache. 

• Like 2