BDL 2019 Week 3 - Portland Horned Owls @ Oklahoma City EF5s

ny92mike

Portland Horned Owls @ Oklahoma City EF5s  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Portland Horned Owls
    • Oklahoma City EF5s

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2019 at 04:59 AM

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

Awesome, you better hope this doesn't end in a tie. 

It's all tied up. 

OKC has the better gameplan and I like the way they match up in this one, only problem is I do not see them stopping Mahomes, specifically McCaffrey along with Mike Williams will do a lot of damage in this game. Njoku being out hurts Portland but they do have Williams so eh. 

This could honestly go either way IMO but I'll vote Portland for their ability to finish in the redzone and their better running game/RB stable. 

To be fair, Patrick Mahomes with a respectable team is going to beat a lot of teams. I get the QB isn’t everything argument but if you watch him play plenty of guys (Reid, Bieniemy, Kelce, etc) deserve credit. However he’s a transcendental talent doing it on a weekly basis. It’s hard to stop that.

That being said, OKC has a lot going for them. The Short injury in particular is massive bc Portland really figured it's ability to win the LOS could be a difference maker. However without Short it hurts the depth and overall gameplan. The secondary isn’t quite there to mask those concerns so I think Stafford could have a big game. 

OKC also has a solid defense though production for guys like Von haven’t been what they usually are. They’ll be able to get some stops against this offense which is a best case scenario.

I see Mahomes starting slow but rushing back furiously and eventually giving Portland a lead. Stafford has enough protection and weapons to lead his team to final second drive and they win.

• Like 1