3-0

incognito_man

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Very, the great ones always have an extra gear where they lock in and go. Doesn't matter the sport, the great ones always rise to those occasions. Rodgers, no matter how much whining we here in this forum, is one of the great ones ever at his position. 

Knute Rockne speech aside, how comfortable are you based on the on field performance thus far this season

The argument for expecting the offense to take time to gel is fine, but after three weeks of watching the offense struggle pretty badly in 10 of 12 quarters, I think there is legitimate cause for some concern.  When the season began, I expected the offense to be finding it's groove by week 5.  That doesn't seems especially likely at this point.  There is no reason that a new offense should take this long to show some signs of consistency when it's being run by a QB of Rodgers' talent level.

Anyway... 3-0  WooHoo!  That's what matters most to me right now.  I can worry about the offense some more after the team actually loses a game.

Just now, incognito_man said:

You posted irrelevant season stats in a discussion about a single game.

Actually not Incog, but thanks for your input.

The discussion is about the overall lack of execution and production by the offense.....and those stats certainly are relevant.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Someone will make fun of me but I'm MORE confident we score then than any other random normal drive

I mean in a "gotta have it" situation you will take risks you will not take in a situation in which you have the advantage or things are relatively even.  So every team has a better chance scoring in that situation than they do in that situation in a 0-0 game midway through the 1st quarter.

There's a higher priority in "don't turn the ball over" when you're protecting a lead, after all.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

Dude. Did you even look at the stats I posted?

YOU put a description to them.

Okay? They have things to work on. I’m not saying it was great by any means. But they capitalized quite a bit as well and scored a lot of points. The defense helped a lot and the offense capitalized .

4 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

The offense capitalized off turnovers, scored 27 points and it’s “ lousy”? 

Some of you have to be amongst the most miserable people walking this planet.  Like legit nothing must satisfy you . 

It was a good performance. Not great, but good. Certainly far from lousy. 

You can point out the issues without being a loser sadsack full misery. It's really getting old how whiny you all get when it's not all hugs and handshakes in here.

I'm happy we won. I'm still concerned about the offense but confident it will come around. Just really ******* tired of you clowns pretending anyone with doubts is just a miserable whiny ***** and not just a fan with concerns.

Hence the 3-0 meme any time someone says anything negative.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

The argument for expecting the offense to take time to gel is fine, but after three weeks of watching the offense struggle pretty badly in 10 of 12 quarters, I think there is legitimate cause for some concern.  When the season began, I expected the offense to be finding it's groove by week 5.  That doesn't seems especially likely at this point.  There is no reason that a new offense should take this long to show some signs of consistency when it's being run by a QB of Rodgers' talent level.

I agree.  We're well behind the curve at this stage.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Actually not Incog, but thanks for your input.

The discussion is about the overall lack of execution and production by the offense.....and those stats certainly are relevant.

Actually yes, me. The discussion was about whether today was a lousy performance. This, your stats from the Chicago and Minnesota games are irrelevant.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

You haven't heard?  AB is done with the NFL because those scoundrel owners in OAK and NE are withholding his hard earned 

I get it,  he's a despicable guy but I can name at least 5 guys off the top of my head who've done much worse. I heard he got cut for something he posted on social media about a woman.

I'm sorry I'm sick of this me too crowd. I have zero pity for women who wait years before they make accusations.

This last woman said he was inappropriate the first day she went to his residence. If she felt that uncomfortable she shouldn't have went back to his house, she should have quit on the spot when she saw him naked.

Guess what men with money and power do this type of stuff and since he's not being charged I say innocent until proven guilty.

If Ray Lewis could continue his career so should AB.

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why would we conclude that the lack of WR3 and TE is the cause of this offenses struggles?

We have a QB who doesn't like throwing to those guys and a coach who doesn't scheme for them?

When has Rodgers had a legitimate tight end? And while perhaps not scheming for tight ends, the Shanhan coaching tree loves 2 and 3 tight end sets. If you’re gonna have tight ends on the field, you’d like them to be able to do something in both running and passing plays, since the whole reason they’re out their is to allow the possibility of either. Being a TE didn’t stop Kittle from being the 9ers most prolific receiving option last season.

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean in a "gotta have it" situation you will take risks you will not take in a situation in which you have the advantage or things are relatively even.  So every team has a better chance scoring in that situation than they do in that situation in a 0-0 game midway through the 1st quarter.

There's a higher priority in "don't turn the ball over" when you're protecting a lead, after all.

Yeah that's what I was getting at and we seem more conservative than the past on a typical drive.