2019 WEEK 4 PACKERS vs eagles GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

The Eagles announced that they have promoted cornerback Craig James from the practice squad.

James played on special teams and took one snap on defense during the Eagles’ Week Two loss to the Falcons before being waived off the active roster last week. He also played in three games for the Vikings during the 2018 season.

Before adding James, the Eagles were down to Sidney Jones, Avonte Maddox and Rasul Douglas as healthy cornerbacks.

from PackersWire

Packers lead NFL in defensive pressure percentage after 3 weeks
The @packers lead the NFL in defensive pressure pct this season at 39.0% (21st last season).
They have done so with the 5th-lowest blitz rate (19.5%).

Free-agent signing @TheRealZSmith is T-4th in the NFL with 15 QB pressures.
According to @NextGenStats

usatsi_13398036.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

• Like 1

I just watched the Lions-Eagles game...to get an idea of what we'd be in for on Thursday night...my observations:

-Carson Wentz is really an impressive specimen. Ideal size and athletic ability.

-He threw quite a high number of risky throws. Our secondary needs to come down with the ball, if the opportunity presents itself.

-Their pass pro looked pretty solid, their run blocking looked real bad.

-This will be by far the quickest paced offense we have yet to face in 2019

-The eagles looked superior to the Lions, and i really have no idea how the score was what it was. Eagles just continually shot themselves in the foot i guess.

• Like 1

from The Athletic

The performance of the Eagles’ skill-position players

"They went into that game against the Lions without Alshon Jeffery and DeSean Jackson. It was a chance for younger players like Mack Hollins, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Dallas Goedert and Miles Sanders to step up. Instead, Eagles skill-position players combined for seven drops, three fumbles (two lost) and three offensive pass interference penalties in their 27-24 loss to the Lions. After a blocked field goal by Malcolm Jenkins, the Eagles took over at midfield with 1:39 left and a chance to tie the game with a field goal or go ahead with a touchdown. Hollins dropped a pass over the middle, and Arcega-Whiteside dropped another near the Lions’ goal line. The Eagles have scored 30 points or more once in Wentz’s last 10 starts (and two of his last 14) going back to last year. Injuries or not, this offense has been flat-out mediocre for a while now. In their next seven games, the Eagles face some of the most talented defenses in the NFL (the Packers, Vikings, Cowboys, Bills, Bears and Patriots). It feels like this is a significant stretch for the Wentz-Doug Pederson partnership."

More from McGinn

Injuries weren’t a factor Sunday but Matt LaFleur gave Jamaal Williams the edge here, 35-22. This was one of Williams’ better games. He broke three tackles in his 14 touches (for 86 yards), several times carrying tacklers and usually falling forward. On a late third and 5, he slipped out as a check-down receiver, froze ILB Todd Davis and ran away from the man coverage for nine yards. Facing a loss at left end on a toss, he reversed field and turned it into a 12-yard gain.

usatsi_13397698.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

The eagles defeated the Packers in the 1960 NFL Championship, after which Vince Lombardi told his players:
"You'll never lose another Championship game"

And they didn't. The Lombardi Packers went on to win 5 NFL Championships in 7 seasons.
So what price did the Eagles have to pay for this serious transgression ?

They suffered The Curse of Vince Lombardi...for a very long time

The eagles didn't win squat from 1960 until 2018...which ironically enough was just after the curse of Vince Lombardi was lifted
The eagles championship drought lasted 57 years... and that's exactly how old Vince was when he died ... 57 years.

He must have figured that a "lifetime" of suffering was enough penance for beating the Mighty Green Bay Packers in a Title Game

10358866_927623217266670_771721584468607

Curse them again, I double dog dare you

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Interestingly, the Eagles site doesn't even seem to have an Eagles/Packers game day thread. I thought their fans were passionate ?

They are in a state of very deep denial that there season could be over 3 weeks in. That entire team is injury prone. And they are all waiting for Wentz to go down next.

ish talk aside, i actually called this before the season. 50% of their starters were going to be 29 or older this year; last year they were the oldest team in the NFL by snaps played. It was always a recipe for disaster. But even I did not see it being this bad. A small part of me feels bad for some of their fans. But its a really small part.