2019 WEEK 4 PACKERS vs eagles GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

The Titletown Forum had a few members at the Game on Sunday, worked out real well

Anybody here going tomorrow night ? Crank up the volume at Lambeau

full?d=1499910046

I'm there! But I legit have almost no voice due to this cough kicking my ***. So I can't yell.

Maybe I'll try to sneak a bull elk call in?

• Like 1

From The Athletic

"Rodgers is 16 of 24 for 248 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs and has three plays of 25-plus yards in the first quarter this season.
The 140.3 QB rating is the second-best in the NFL, trailing only the Ravens’ Lamar Jackson.

The fast starts and early leads allow Packers coach Matt LaFleur to stay committed to the run game. The Packers are averaging 26.0 rushing attempts per game and have shown a balanced run/pass attack. The 43.8 percent run percentage (10th highest in NFL) is a refreshing change of pace after finishing 32nd last season. "

• Like 1

More from Ben Fennell

"The Packers defense is becoming a dominant group in the NFL. The defense has been getting after opposing QBs, taking the ball away and keeping teams out of the end zone – a big reason why the team is 3-0. The Packers have 12 sacks and eight takeaways and are the No. 1-rated pass rush unit by Pro Football Focus.

Most impressive is the unit’s ability to tighten up when the field gets short.
Inside the 30, opposing QBs are 7-of-19 passing for 49 yards with 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 1 sack for a 5.7 QB rating"

https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2019/09/24173551/5-GB-HURRIES_1.mp4

Edited by Shanedorf
  • Like 2

The Eagles final injury report of the week left no doubt about that expectation. Jeffery was not given an injury designation for the game, which officially puts him on track to join Nelson Agholor, Zach Ertz and others as targets for Carson Wentz.

It’s less clear if running back Corey Clement will also be on that list. Clement sat out last week with a shoulder injury and he’s been listed as questionable for Thursday night.

Cornerback Ronald Darby (hamstring), wide receiver DeSean Jackson (abdomen) and defensive tackle Tim Jernigan (foot) have all been ruled out.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Do you suffer from long term memory loss?

I don't remember

Do you suffer from not being too bright?  You just quoted me saying the only drives where we accomplish anything are the ones where Rodgers throws to backs and checks down.

Then you post a video of a drive that ends in a touchdown.

So, let's review that statement.  Excluding drives that started deep in Denver's territory due to turnovers,

The drive you just posted:

1. Short to MVS, 8 yards.
2. Rodgers CHECKS DOWN to Marcedes Lewis - 19 yards.

Our second TD drive:

1. Short right to MVS, 9 yards.
2. Wheel route to Vitale, 27 yards.

Our final field goal drive:

1. Short right to Tonyan, 4 yards.
2. Short middle to Jamaal Williams, 10 yards.

If you want to take it a step further, let's look at the other two games:

Minnesota:

First TD drive:

1. Short middle to Williams, 15 yards, TD.

Second TD drive:

1. Short right to Jones, 6 yards.
2. Short middle to Jones, 6 yards.

Third TD drive:

1. Short right to Jones, 7 yards.

Bears

TD Drive:

1. Short to Marcedes Lewis, 9 yards.

The only points all season we've scored where Rodgers hasn't thrown to check downs or to backs was a field goal against the Bears and short fields off of turnovers. 

Literally the only sustained drives we've had where we score points have come from check downs and passes to backs. 

But yeah, you can go ahead and say Rodgers doesn't need to do it more often.  Because refusing to make those passes and sitting in the pocket forever has done so much good for us the last three years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Do you suffer from not being too bright?  You just quoted me saying the only drives where we accomplish anything are the ones where Rodgers throws to backs and checks down.

Then you post a video of a drive that ends in a touchdown.

So, let's review that statement.  Excluding drives that started deep in Denver's territory due to turnovers,

The drive you just posted:

1. Short to MVS, 8 yards.
2. Rodgers CHECKS DOWN to Marcedes Lewis - 19 yards.

Our second TD drive:

1. Short right to MVS, 9 yards.
2. Wheel route to Vitale, 27 yards.

Our final field goal drive:

1. Short right to Tonyan, 4 yards.
2. Short middle to Jamaal Williams, 10 yards.

If you want to take it a step further, let's look at the other two games:

Minnesota:

First TD drive:

1. Short middle to Williams, 15 yards, TD.

Second TD drive:

1. Short right to Jones, 6 yards.
2. Short middle to Jones, 6 yards.

Third TD drive:

1. Short right to Jones, 7 yards.

Bears

TD Drive:

1. Short to Marcedes Lewis, 9 yards.

The only points all season we've scored where Rodgers hasn't thrown to check downs or to backs was a field goal against the Bears and short fields off of turnovers. 

Literally the only sustained drives we've had where we score points have come from check downs and passes to backs. 

But yeah, you can go ahead and say Rodgers doesn't need to do it more often.  Because refusing to make those passes and sitting in the pocket forever has done so much good for us the last three years. 

That check down to Lewis was an extended play, Rodgers scramble and creates an open receiver by sucking in the coverage due to his threat to run. That's like the exact play you've been ripping him for and now because he tossed one short, it's a checkdown.

Rodgers has been getting rid of the ball this year, he's really cut down on unnecessary runs and scrambles. The problem with him lied way more with timing and accuracy than holding the ball.

Jones has 6 receptions on the year.  Three of those receptions came on TD drives.  

Jamaal Williams has 7 receptions on the season.

Two of those receptions came on TD drives.

We have had 7 TD drives on the season.  

5 of those 7 drives featured passes to a running back.  One of those 7 drives started in the red zone.

It’s almost like I know WTF I’m talking about.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

That check down to Lewis was an extended play, Rodgers scramble and creates an open receiver by sucking in the coverage due to his threat to run. That's like the exact play you've been ripping him for and now because he tossed one short, it's a checkdown.

Rodgers has been getting rid of the ball this year, he's really cut down on unnecessary runs and scrambles. The problem with him lied way more with timing and accuracy than holding the ball.

Lol.  Was Lewis or was he not a check down option on the play?

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Was Lewis or was he not a check down option on the play?

Yes and I know you're always the first to move the goalpost to fit your agenda in there.

Extending plays to the point where coverage players attack the LOS and create open receivers is not what you've been wanting, in fact him holding the ball like that is the opposite. He just threw it short instead of deep.