2019 WEEK 4 PACKERS vs eagles GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

"Eagles have produced a sack or QB hit on just 15.45 percent of opponents’ dropbacks. That ranks 25th.

Jim Schwartz’s defensive philosophy centers on getting to the quarterback with a four-man pass rush. But when the Eagles have rushed four or fewer, they have produced sacks just 1.1 percent of the time (31st). Take this number with a grain of salt, but on those plays, quarterbacks are holding the ball for an average of 2.86 seconds, which is ninth-longest.

Fletcher Cox has produced a sack or hit on 2.38 percent of his opportunities. That ranks 153rd out of 228 players with at least 25 pass-rushing chances. Brandon Graham ranks 160th.

The injuries to Malik Jackson and Tim Jernigan are a factor. But the Eagles’ best three defensive linemen — Cox, Graham and Derek Barnett
— have not missed any time."

This game sets up well for us to use the passing game at a higher percentage than the last three.

Interested to see how MLF schemes this type of D with obvious depth issues in the secondary.

We sure could use a shot in the arm of confidence on Offense. 

Lets air it out, MiLF.

Does anyone really expect that if the Packers offense starts showing out this game that people are going to become believers in the Packers? You shouldn't. Our defensive performance in the last 3 weeks isn't because Gute made great additions in Free Agency and the draft but merely a product of the Quarterbacks we have faced. Even if our offense balls out tonight its simply because the Eagles secondary is easy to pass on. 

Face it, this team will be a sleeper all the way through the season and we should ALL be grateful for that. We aren't this year's Cinderella team. We're this year's Snow White team. The Packers are the 7 dwarves and everyone else is Snow White cause they're sleeping on us and boy does it feel good.

Edited by Nick_gb

9 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Does anyone really expect that if the Packers offense starts showing out this game that people are going to become believers in the Packers? You shouldn't. Our defensive performance the last 3 weeks isnt because Gute made great additions in Free Agency and the draft but merely a product of the Quarterbacks we have faced. Even if our offense balls out tonight its simply because the Eagles secondary is easy to pass on. 

Face it, this team will be a sleeper all the way through the season and we should ALl be grateful for that. We aren't this years Cinderella team. We're this years Snow White team. The Packers are the 7 dwarves and everyone else is Snow White cause they're sleeping on us and boy does it feel good.

Glad to see that talking point is already out there.

All anti-Rodgers, "Packer fans" who do nothing but take shots at the team will surely be using this point. They won't talk about facing very good defenses in Chicago and Minnesota and a pretty descent one in Denver, but they will certainly point out that the Philly secondary stinks.

Rob Demovsky:  

Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett says their goal on third down is to be in third-and-6 or less, and they want to convert at least 40 percent of third downs regardless of distance. "Over 40 percent, that's playoff football," Hackett said. The Packers are currently at 25 percent, which is better than only two teams in the league.

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

Rob Demovsky:  

Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett says their goal on third down is to be in third-and-6 or less, and they want to convert at least 40 percent of third downs regardless of distance. "Over 40 percent, that's playoff football," Hackett said. The Packers are currently at 25 percent, which is better than only two teams in the league.

40% would be tied for 17th overall this year and 15th overall last year. 

Our actual goal is to be an average offense. Great :/

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Glad to see that talking point is already out there.

All anti-Rodgers, "Packer fans" who do nothing but take shots at the team will surely be using this point. They won't talk about facing very good defenses in Chicago and Minnesota and a pretty descent one in Denver, but they will certainly point out that the Philly secondary stinks.

I think you missed the purpose of my post and assume I'm bashing the Packers as opposed to mocking those that find excuses for our success (Mostly Viking fans currently). 

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

It's game day, baby! Be happy!

This is true....but one can be fact based and happy as well.

I didnt have a context for Hackett's 40% comment, now I do.

Only "add on" that would interest me is which teams achieve around that level and how far did they go.

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is true....but one can be fact based and happy as well.

I didnt have a context for Hackett's 40% comment, now I do.

Only "add on" that would interest me is which teams achieve around that level and how far did they go.

Only stat that matters is the W! The rest is irrelevant as long as you just win baby. 

The offense will get better but Tonyan and MVS have to be bigger contributors in order for that to happen. I'm flying under the assumption Davante is going to get his.