Week 4 GDT: Titans vs. Falcons

KingTitan

31 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

I'd trade Adoree for a 3rd round pick at this point.

Maybe even a 4th

I would too, but the problem is that he isn't a consistently sucky corner. He is good enough to start. And we don't notice him a lot actually during a game until he muffs a punt or gets burned deep every 3-4 games. So it does weaken us if we don't have him.

Adoree is an average corner that you can win with. The problem is obviously that when you draft an average corner in the first while selling him as a dynamic playmaker that can play all three phases and he’s a complete disaster as a returner and obviously isn’t taking offensive snaps anymore, you’re just left with an average corner.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Adoree is an average corner that you can win with. The problem is obviously that when you draft an average corner in the first while selling him as a dynamic playmaker that can play all three phases and he’s a complete disaster as a returner and obviously isn’t taking offensive snaps anymore, you’re just left with an average corner.

The other factors are what got him drafted in the 1st round.  I think based on pure corner skills he was a 2nd round player.

I wish he did get a snap on offense. He was a block away from breaking a few a couple times.

We're going on 20 games of having a top 5 to 10 defense that has limited or even shut down the likes of Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers and we're sitting here talking about them like they have 0 shot at stopping the Falcons.

It's entirely possible that the defense just doesn't show up and the Falcons put up 40.

But there's 0 reason to expect that given everything the defense has done in the Vrabel/Pees era.

• Like 2

I still stand by the statement I made coming in to the season, and again after the Browns game, that Woodyard needs to go back in at ILB, switch Evans to OLB and then rotate Landry and Wake at the other OLB spot.

Put your 4 best players at that position on the field.

I obviously trust Vrabel and Pees given the success their defense has had here, but this is the first thing that's truly irked me about their game planning/etc.