GDT 9/29/19 Week 4: Baltimore Ravens (2-1) vs. Cleveland Browns (1-2)

SalvadorsDeli

This is the worst defense I’ve ever seen in Ravens history.

The Browns literally have no OL, the Chiefs have a bad OL and we literally haven’t been able to do anything. Then we try and overcompensate as if we have the corner depth and talent to blitz this aggressively.

Then the dumbest play of the game was that 3rd down draw. So stupid. Down by two scores and you run a draw play?

The Browns have been playing off coverage all game and we don’t kill them with out routes?

This team should still win 11/12 games this season. The Browns have a good DL which exploits the weakest part of our offense.

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

The Browns literally have no OL, the Chiefs have a bad OL and we literally haven’t been able to do anything. Then we try and overcompensate as if we have the corner depth and talent to blitz this aggressively.

Then the dumbest play of the game was that 3rd down draw. So stupid. Down by two scores and you run a draw play?

The Browns have been playing off coverage all game and we don’t kill them with out routes?

This team should still win 11/12 games this season. The Browns have a good DL which exploits the weakest part of our offense.

We're not even blitzing, though. We didn't make Baker move at all this game. He just stood still and found dudes wide open running seam routes. It's pathetic. At least if we were blitzing and getting beat it'd be different, but we're not. We have no pass rush, we can't cover, we can't tackle, we can't do anything. It's so bad.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

No way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

It is clear we don't have the talent on defense. Pass rush is lacking and the secondary blows so many assignments that it is beyond comprehension.

• Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We're not even blitzing, though. We didn't make Baker move at all this game. He just stood still and found dudes wide open running seam routes. It's pathetic. At least if we were blitzing and getting beat it'd be different, but we're not. We have no pass rush, we can't cover, we can't tackle, we can't do anything. It's so bad.

I saw multiple occasions we’re we threw 5 guys at him with delayed ILB blitzes.

————

On another note, Chris Board has proved that he needs to be a starter. His discipline in the game trumps the explosive uncontrolled ability that Young brings to the table. Noticed it in the preseason, but it’s become very obvious that this defense looks better with a consistent force in there like Board.

3 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

No way.

I don’t think this changes much. Lamar is still a serious threat to handle. Against teams that don’t have the same DL as the Browns our OL should win and that’s TOP and yardage that can’t be messed with.

The past two weeks we’ve played two teams that get great interior pressure. Lamar’s weakest point as a passer is throwing against interior pressure as he narrows his base and throws less accurate balls. So yes, without teams supplying as much interior pressure (or blitzing him and allowing him wide open rush and pass lanes) I think Lamar eats and this team eats in turn.

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I don’t think this changes much. Lamar is still a serious threat to handle. Against teams that don’t have the same DL as the Browns our OL should win and that’s TOP and yardage that can’t be messed with.

The past two weeks we’ve played two teams that get great interior pressure. Lamar’s weakest point as a passer is throwing against interior pressure as he narrows his base and throws less accurate balls. So yes, without teams supplying as much interior pressure (or blitzing him and allowing him wide open rush and pass lanes) I think Lamar eats and this team eats in turn.

I just cant see the D improving much. I mean, we can only go up from here but they're historically bad. We will need a huge turnaround for anything to happen. I see us MAYBE getting 10 wins max