GDT 9/29/19 Week 4: Baltimore Ravens (2-1) vs. Cleveland Browns (1-2)

SalvadorsDeli

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I think this will play a big part in our defense. With Jimmy healthy we can run more man coverage and without as many zone looks our defense doesn’t look nearly as pathetic.

Without a major overhaul to our ILB group, benching Tony Jefferson and finding someone who can provide a pass rush, I don't see much changing. There's too many problems at all levels right now to really fix within one season.

9 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I don’t think this changes much. Lamar is still a serious threat to handle. Against teams that don’t have the same DL as the Browns our OL should win and that’s TOP and yardage that can’t be messed with.

The past two weeks we’ve played two teams that get great interior pressure. Lamar’s weakest point as a passer is throwing against interior pressure as he narrows his base and throws less accurate balls. So yes, without teams supplying as much interior pressure (or blitzing him and allowing him wide open rush and pass lanes) I think Lamar eats and this team eats in turn.

But the issue here isn't the offense, its the defense ******* us over constantly by not being able to do very simple things. 

5 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

I still don't understand why people post in other teams forums after a game. It does nothing positive

Well, as a 50+ year Browns fan, and on this forum for over a dozen years, we've endured well over a decade of fans of other teams and opponents of that week coming in and continually giving us a ration of crap.  Week after week.  Year after year.  

Now I'm not going to do that, but that is why in many instances people come into other forums after games.

• Like 1

Are we really that dependant on B-Will in stopping the run? Do not understand why we’re getting gashed for 160 and keep the same rotation of Wormley - Ricard - Pierce and not bringing in Mack? 

At LB/S it is very uncommon to see such a undisciplined defense. LB’s in wrong gaps, safeties taking the wrong angle, CB’s not staying with they assignments.

Hard to point out one singular place to improve until next week as arguable pass rush, DL, LB, CB and S all should be improved.

20 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

I still don't understand why people post in other teams forums after a game. It does nothing positive

Eh, there were quite a few Ravens fans (not all) that have talked an awful amount of **** all season. I mean, just look at the first couple pages of this thread. So many of you guys acted like you guys were gonna destroy us today.

• Like 1