Shaq Barrett - Is he human?

Dome

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I appreciate your input like everyone else but that doesn't answer my question though. 

I think it has a bit to do with Bowles defense but one thing I will say is that he consistently gets 1v1s and since the defense blitzes so much a team can't try and bring a TE or RB shading to help out because they have to block the extra Blitzer coming.  

With that said he has beaten his defender in a multitude of different ways and you can really see that he is a technician and uses a plethora of pass rush moves.  He has a nasty spin move that he has used to get a few strip sacks.

• Like 1

Honestly he’ll slow down. I remember when Clay Matthews had 8 sacks 4-5 games in a few years back... The guy from the Bengals had like 6-7

in 2/3 games a few years back. It always happens.. And low key he was Mia for most of the game yesterday sans one play(pass rushing). 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI

17 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Honestly he’ll slow down. I remember when Clay Matthews had 8 sacks 4-5 games in a few years back... The guy from the Bengals had like 6-7

in 2/3 games a few years back. It always happens.. And low key he was Mia for most of the game yesterday sans one play(pass rushing). 

The play he hit Goff, which resulted in an INT? Or the one when he picked him off himself? Or are you talking about the game sealing strip sack at the end?

• Like 11

8 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I appreciate your input like everyone else but that doesn't answer my question though. 

He's beating OL one-on-one with more regularity than anyone else. Not sure what you mean by "getting help". If "getting help" is having a DC that takes advantage of your pass rushing ability by sending you after the QB, then sure he is getting help. Otherwise, no. He's a one man wrecking crew. I will say Vita Vea is a beast and sometimes takes away the ability for the QB to step up, but not much more than really any other team.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

He's beating OL one-on-one with more regularity than anyone else. Not sure what you mean by "getting help". If "getting help" is having a DC that takes advantage of your pass rushing ability by sending you after the QB, then sure he is getting help. Otherwise, no. He's a one man wrecking crew. I will say Vita Vea is a beast and sometimes takes away the ability for the QB to step up, but not much more than really any other team.

Vea and Suh are doing a good job of not allowing many lanes for the QB up front. And Vea puts his guy on skates if he's blocked one on one. He does it when he's double teamed too. All that strength in the middle demands attention which has allowed Barrett to get so many one on one matchups.

• Like 1