NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Duncan Robinson has a 68 TS% this year. that's pretty crazy

Pretty unreal story man. Heat do some incredible things with player development. Guy has insane court gravity already 

I saw somewhere earlier that the NBA was thinking about doing a round robin w/ 20 teams. I thought their setup was kinda dumb. But it could work imo, tho it has to be more more than 2 gms. Also should prob include reg season record so that matters. Like a point system. I'll think of something later. 

5 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I saw somewhere earlier that the NBA was thinking about doing a round robin w/ 20 teams. I thought their setup was kinda dumb. But it could work imo, tho it has to be more more than 2 gms. Also should prob include reg season record so that matters. Like a point system. I'll think of something later. 

Itll be so dumb if they just go straight to playoffs as is. Quite a few teams on the outside are better than teams currently in. New Orleans and Portland considerably better than Memphis IMO. I have little interest in watching the Lakers beat the Grizzlies by 15+ four times. I think the Pelicans and Trailblazers could steal a game or two and make it exciting.

On 5/19/2020 at 10:47 AM, champ11 said:

Denver had Jokic ballin solo. Jokic's averages during the Portland series: 27/14/8 on 52/46/83 shooting. LOL 

Denver needs to make a Beal trade happen. 

How mad would everyone be if they just cancelled the rest of the season? 

22 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The more I looked it over I actually really like this idea. I think it’s a fun give more teams a chance make every game kinda important and then immediately go into an 8 team playoff. I’d be all for this to try this year not sure this is something you can do going forward either keep as is it possibly just seed the NBA 1-16 regardless of conference going forward. 

21 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Wizards owner Ted Leonsis nixed a trade for James Harden on draft night in 2012 because he didn't want to give him a 5 year, $80 million extension. Beal + I'm sure more would have been going back to OKC.

Imagine Harden coexisting with Wall

ok, here's my idea:

Part 1:

first, I hate the idea of going straight to the playoffs, even a group stage type way. so i'm not having that. 

top 7 teams in each conference are in a group, they play each other 1 time. So each team plays 6 games. you seed the playoffs based on the record of those games. 

but the reg season standings have to matter so each team gets extra wins/points based on their reg szn record. 

easiest way to do this would just have each win count as 3 points. And start off the #1 seed w/ 3 points, #2 seed w/ 2.5 points, #3 seed w/ 2 points, etc. 

so say the bucks go 6-0. They get 21 total points and are the #1 seed in the East. 18 points for their 6 wins and 3 points for having the best record in the East. Pretty simple and kinda fair lol.

Let's say the Celtics go 3-3. They get 11 points because of the 3 wins plus 2 points for having the 3rd best record in the East. 

And you seed based on who gets the most points. Tiebreakers can go to the team w/ the best record in the reg szn. 

Obviously that gets the top 7 seeds in each conference. 

For the 8th seed:

The teams w/ the 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th best records in each conference basically do the same thing. 

But they play each other twice. So still 6 games. 

Same points system but the team w/ the best record gets 1.5 points to start, 2nd best record gets 1, 3rd best gets half a point to start. 

and you just play the regular playoffs from there. 

Edited by 11sanchez11

4 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

ok, here's my idea:

Part 1:

first, I hate the idea of going straight to the playoffs, even a group stage type way. so i'm not having that. 

top 7 teams in each conference are in a group, they play each other 1 time. So each team plays 6 games. you seed the playoffs based on the record of those games. 

but the reg season standings have to matter so each team gets extra wins/points based on their reg szn record. 

easiest way to do this would just have each win count as 3 points. And start off the #1 seed w/ 3 points, #2 seed w/ 2.5 points, #3 seed w/ 2 points, etc. 

so say the bucks go 6-0. They get 21 total points and are the #1 seed in the East. 18 points for their 6 wins and 3 points for having the best record in the East. Pretty simple and kinda fair lol.

Let's say the Celtics go 3-3. They get 11 points because of the 3 wins plus 2 points for having the 3rd best record in the East. 

And you seed based on who gets the most points. Tiebreakers can go to the team w/ the best record in the reg szn. 

Obviously that gets the top 7 seeds in each conference. 

Yes, let's negate ~65 games of results in favor of seeding the playoffs based on 6 games after a long layoff. The Bucks have a 6.5 game lead on the 2 seed, 9.5 on the 3. 

I'd say set the 1-6 in the East and 1-7 in the West as they are. Let Brooklyn and Orlando battle for the 7th seed in the East (3 game :playoff" while the other teams play exhibitions to get their legs back under them). In the West, let 8-12 have a 5 game round robin to decide the 8th seed. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yes, let's negate ~65 games of results in favor of seeding the playoffs based on 6 games after a long layoff. The Bucks have a 6.5 game lead on the 2 seed, 9.5 on the 3. 

I'd say set the 1-6 in the East and 1-7 in the West as they are. Let Brooklyn and Orlando battle for the 7th seed in the East (3 game :playoff" while the other teams play exhibitions to get their legs back under them). In the West, let 8-12 have a 5 game round robin to decide the 8th seed. 

well that's better than the round robin/group stage actually being the 1st round... which is what the proposal was.

I think it would be dumb to start the playoffs right away after 2-3 month layoff

you could double the games to 12 and have a bigger point advantage for the higher seeds...

idk everything is pretty dumb except for just playing the rest of the reg season basically as normal. and starting the next season later. but that is the most unlikely solution lol