NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

speaks on overreacting to a scrimmage - immediately predicts his outcome as a player in the following sentence 

I mean thats based on what we know about Bol Bol as a player. He's a tall guy who can shoot. He's already had a foot injury, he's not laterally gifted and will likely always be a below average defender although the weakside blocks will be nice, I think he's got loose handles and he doesn't create well for himself. He'll be a nice role player. People in this thread are acting like the Nuggets took the second coming of KD in the 2nd round lol. Pump the brakes.

7 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean thats based on what we know about Bol Bol as a player. He's a tall guy who can shoot. He's already had a foot injury, he's not laterally gifted and will likely always be a below average defender although the weakside blocks will be nice, I think he's got loose handles and he doesn't create well for himself. He'll be a nice role player. People in this thread are acting like the Nuggets took the second coming of KD in the 2nd round lol. Pump the brakes.

Being an elite shooter at 7'2 w/ a 7'9 wingspan puts your floor pretty high if you can get on the court. And trust me - his touch and shooting is legit. Top 10 recruit out of high school, put up pretty ridiculous numbers at Oregon when he played. Comes out and puts up a 16/10/6 line in his first NBA action - no doubt it was a scrimmage atmosphere. I think saying he went way too low in the draft is fair at this point. But I'm far from saying he's going to be an NBA rotation player due to health, defensive ability etc. But the talent that showed out even in one scrimmage is evident and really impressive. 

He could be Kristaps - could be a Boban guy (effective due to skillset but can't stay on the floor) - could never play real NBA minutes. Wide range of outcomes but I think his ceiling is pretty high. So when you look at the draft it's pretty silly to not take a swing like that, but I kinda explained why I think that happened. 

Edited by champ11
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

Being an elite shooter at 7'2 w/ a 7'9 wingspan puts your floor pretty high if you can get on the court. And trust me - his touch and shooting is legit. Top 10 recruit out of high school, put up pretty ridiculous numbers at Oregon when he played. Comes out and puts up a 16/10/6 line in his first NBA action - no doubt it was a scrimmage atmosphere. I think saying he went way too low in the draft is fair at this point. But I'm far from saying he's going to be an NBA rotation player due to health, defensive ability etc. But the talent that showed out even in one scrimmage is evident and really impressive. 

He could be Kristaps - could be a Boban guy (effective due to skillset but can't stay on the floor) - could never play real NBA minutes. Wide range of outcomes but I think his ceiling is pretty high. So when you look at the draft it's pretty silly to not take a swing like that, but I kinda explained why I think that happened. 

I get why the Nuggets took a swing at him, especially when you get that late in the draft. I'm referring more to the people who are acting like he should've been a lottery pick.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

I get why the Nuggets took a swing at him, especially when you get that late in the draft. I'm referring more to the people who are acting like he should've been a lottery pick.

He probably should have been. At least a first rounder. I could probably go thru the first round and pick out 10 guys I'm very comfortable with saying are never going to be quality NBA rotation players. But yeah of course it is too soon to say Bol is definitely going to be good. A lot of overreaction on twitter etc and who can blame anyone. First NBA action and Bol is unique and going to be fun to root for. 

Just now, champ11 said:

He probably should have been. At least a first rounder. I could probably go thru the first round and pick out 10 guys I'm very comfortable with saying are never going to be quality NBA rotation players. But yeah of course it is too soon to say Bol is definitely going to be good. A lot of overreaction on twitter etc and who can blame anyone. First NBA action and Bol is unique and going to be fun to root for. 

I'm not complaining. I've got a Bol Bol Immaculate RPA that just 10x in value overnight. Big Bol is making me some $$$

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I watched him take the ball upcourt and seamlessly pull-up a three pointer over a decent contest. I’m in love.

But seriously, how can you not take a chance on a kid with a unique skillset, a good basketball pedigree, and production? Most guys in the back half of the first round don’t even become good role players and were probably worse than BB in college.

He could fall apart after 2 seasons and he’d still be worth a first round flyer.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

At best you get one of the most unique big men in the league and at worst he's a second round bust. He was hooping at Oregon before he got hurt. 

• Like 1

Waiters coming in hungry looking for his shot. Four possessions, and three shots for the man lol. 

Honestly, watching a lot of these games, the games haven't been that sloppy. Been some decent ball all things considered. Product is going to be just fine when the real games start up next week. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

At best you get one of the most unique big men in the league and at worst he's a second round bust. He was hooping at Oregon before he got hurt. 

I'm js, is anyone surprised that Bol Bol would generate a massive hype train once he got relatively healthy and got to play with other NBA players? The fact that he's playing exactly like he did in college and everyone loves him for it goes to show why he should've been a first rounder.

What I like most about him is that he's not another Thon Maker...he's always produced and isn't a ghost on the floor.