NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Utah has been solid this season, especially defensively, but we have to figure it out on offense. Mitchell appears like he has taken the next step (26/5/3 on 52/44/78) and Bogie has been good. But man Mike Conley has been a disappearing act when we've needed him to play well.

If Mitchell has taken the leap to superstardom, then I'd feel way better about Utah's chances of competing for titles. As soon as Conley returns to form... if Conley returns to form. 

46 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

there are significantly better when he is off the court tho

111 on

120 off

tho 111 would still be like 3rd or 4th in the league rn lol

I saw that. So weird. Every time I look he has by far the best +/- of the starters.

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

If Mitchell has taken the leap to superstardom, then I'd feel way better about Utah's chances of competing for titles. As soon as Conley returns to form... if Conley returns to form. 

Small sample size but he has been much more efficient this year scoring the ball. The improved spacing has helped him a ton. Conley needs to return to form, we need Exum/Mudiay back in the rotation, and we have to get better on the glass. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Utah has been solid this season, especially defensively, but we have to figure it out on offense. Mitchell appears like he has taken the next step (26/5/3 on 52/44/78) and Bogie has been good. But man Mike Conley has been a disappearing act when we've needed him to play well.

IF Mitchell can keep up the efficiency in terms of shooting percentage, we can discuss this.  But we're talking about an extreme small sample size here.  He's only had 1 month in his career where he shot 50%+ from the field.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

there are significantly better when he is off the court tho

111 on

120 off

tho 111 would still be like 3rd or 4th in the league rn lol

That really means nothing. Rick could trot out 4 homeless dudes and Eddy Curry and still have an elite bench.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

IF Mitchell can keep up the efficiency in terms of shooting percentage, we can discuss this.  But we're talking about an extreme small sample size here.  He's only had 1 month in his career where he shot 50%+ from the field.

Yeah, we will see if he can keep it up but early indicators are encouraging. Not even just the stats, just watching him play, it seems like the game has slowed down for him a ton and he's more capable of getting to the right spots. 

13 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Brandon Ingram looking every bit like the guy picked 2nd overall. He was filthy tonight.

Pelicans defense has been non exsistent so far this season though.

Our defense is as bad as BI is good

Jrue and Favors are supposed to be our elite defenders and Jrue has sucked/Favors has been injured and not good when he has been out there. Still, I would rather this be the reason we suck than BI and/or Lonzo sucking it up. Our future doesn't rely on Jrue or Favors, it relies on BI, Lonzo, Zion.. 

6 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Our defense is as bad as BI is good

Jrue and Favors are supposed to be our elite defenders and Jrue has sucked/Favors has been injured and not good when he has been out there. Still, I would rather this be the reason we suck than BI and/or Lonzo sucking it up. Our future doesn't rely on Jrue or Favors, it relies on BI, Lonzo, Zion.. 

It just sucks because they could easily have a winning record if Jrue and Favors played up to the the level we're use to seeing or if the defense was just slightly better.

Even with that being the case, this season is about the future and finding what pieces will fit around Zion. The duo of Ingram/Zion has potential to be scary good and we've already seen the chemistry(although brief) that Zo and Zion has. Then you have the young guys who have shown promise in Hart, Frank Jackson, NAW, Jaxson and even Didi in Australia. Plus add another potential lottery pick from the 2020 draft to the mix. Stating the obvious here but even with the disappointing record, the future is extremely bright.

And the scary thing is BI didn't even really have much of an offseason to train or add weight(strength) because of his bloodclots. Same with Lonzo with his injury.