NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Giannis is the best player on the planet 

Step up in the playoffs and then I will accept this. Or else it is nothing but another Harden situation....When it was go time and it came down to Kawhi and Giannis, one shined brighter than the other, especially in crunch time. Kawhi>Giannis until proven otherwise. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Step up in the playoffs and then I will accept this. Or else it is nothing but another Harden situation....When it was go time and it came down to Kawhi and Giannis, one shined brighter than the other, especially in crunch time. Kawhi>Giannis until proven otherwise. 

Just another regular season crusader.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah Giannis doesn't get that mantle yet. 

6 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Yeah Giannis doesn't get that mantle yet. 

I mean how did LeBron hold the mantle for so long even though he hasn't been the best regular season player since his Miami days? It was because in the postseason he was clearly the best player and dominated like no one else.

Giannis is a monster and was great up until late in the Raptors series. Maybe this is the year he takes that mantle but definitely not yet. Regardless of how he plays in the regular season. 

And of course we have to wait to see how KD comes back. He was still the best player before his Achilles injury.

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

Kawhi can't even play a full season. Dude has to take 25% of it off due to his condition. That's a pretty big negative.

Nah. Last year was far from Giannis being the issue. He faced 1 on 3 every time he drove and his teammates missed open looks in a tight series. No way am I letting him take the fall for that. But y'all do what you gotta do and think what you gotta think, as wrong as it may be. The difference in that series was Kawhi's teammates hit shots, Giannis's didn't. But, sure, narratives and such. Have fun with that. 

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nah. Last year was far from Giannis being the issue. He faced 1 on 3 every time he drove and his teammates missed open looks in a tight series. No way am I letting him take the fall for that. But y'all do what you gotta do and think what you gotta think, as wrong as it may be. The difference in that series was Kawhi's teammates hit shots, Giannis's didn't. But, sure, narratives and such. Have fun with that. 

Nope. Kawhi flat out was better than him and was able to take over and make plays that Giannis wasn't. That is no "narrative" being created, just reality. And it's not about Giannis "taking the fall" for the loss, just simply put that Kawhi was the superior player. Either way, Giannis can't take the mantle until the playoffs, that's the biggest point here. 

19 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Kawhi can't even play a full season. Dude has to take 25% of it off due to his condition. That's a pretty big negative.

I don't really care about that. If you want to use that as a negative against him, that's fine. Personally? Don't give AF as long as he continues to kill it in the postseason and put the team on his back as he did the last two postseasons. He's had some epic postseason runs. That matters more to me than him missing 20 or so regular season games.

46 minutes ago, Danger said:

I knew we expected the Warriors to take a tumble, but wow, they're literally an entirely different team from last year right now and it's showing.

I mean the squad has a bunch of G-league type of talent and don't have Steph. Obviously the team was playing bad even with Steph, but eventually it was going to turn some. And really it has, despite the results. The team is being more competitive now and look competent offensively...defensively? Yeah, that's a different story lol. 

18 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He might just need to develop a counter to 3 guys in the lane. That's my biggest issue personally. He's like a running back lol he needs to get some sort of counter. 

But he's not "taking the fall." There is nothing unreasonable about a dude having to perform at the highest level in the playoffs consistently to get that title for best player in the world. Giannis has won 2 playoff series (in the East......so like....................does it really even count lol) and I need to see more in the playoffs before I give him that respect. 

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Jesus Christ was just a joke back at you you guys are so simple-minded on here it is just LOL

Come on man when have I not joked around aside from my team losing in a soul crushing manner in the playoffs plus you stole my bit haha. 

What’s his face on Boston is a nice solid young player that has actually impressed me this year. He’s going to get better.