Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

Nah

Then you're not going to get him. 

Njoku holds nominal value, and Bruce Allen is the type that doesn't care if he's spitting in the wind. He's made it clear he won't trade him at this point, which means you have to make him trade him

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

A 31 year old LT is not getting a 1st. We could never get anywhere close to that for Joe Thomas.

You are grossly underestimating the ineptitude of Bruce Allen (understand, my comment about compensation is more about Allen than williams' actual trade value, which I think could generate a first if not for teams pressed against the cap, but probably couldn't with teams unable to afford him. I simply believe that Bruce Allen will refuse to do anything with him and won't care if he's cutting off his nose to spite his face) 

Just now, SBLIII said:

I mean if he wasn't on IR.

He was a late 1st rounder and has shown flashes. Would he net a 2nd?

I don't think he'd get anything close to that. He's in his third year of a rookie deal, hasn't really flashed a ton, but has flashed some. Zay Jones just returned a fifth from the same draft class and only a handful of picks later. Njoku has probably flashed more than Jones (side note, it's kind of weird how similar their stats are from the first two years, despite the different positions), but not enough to garner a second. For the Pats? A third could make sense since it's late. other than that, multiple picks (like 2 fourths or something). Typically when guys are getting traded on their rookie deals still, they aren't getting a ton of value except in outlier circumstances (Cooks and Cooper, for example). We haven't seen many situations where a team had to include that type of player in a deal to get something really good in return with the exception of maybe Peppers in the OBJ trade? When they get traded on their rookie deal, there is usually a reason, and that cost is typically discounted to some extent. 

Honestly, I think that Njoku has flashed enough to keep him around and see what else materializes unless they are done with him. And if they are done with him, he's simply not going to return a significant chunk of value. But I dont' think the return would be worth what he could maybe eventually be for the Browns.

• Like 1

Just now, pnies20 said:

THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT

unless Dorsey believes in Robinson

For the Browns sake, and the sake of my own entertainment value, I hope that it happens. there's no point in letting him wallow in Washington, not playing for a terribad redskin team when he could help cure a lot of the Browns' ills and make them a super damn fun team to watch as we all expected at the beginning of the year. 

22 hours ago, theJ said:

If you have an Athletic subscription, i encourage you to read the article on why he wants to remain a Bengal.

I don't have an athletic subscription, but I saw a headline this morning of AJ saying something like "it isn't about the money, I've got enough"

I take that to mean "I want to win" and that he won't re-sign. 

Then I actually read the article where is quoted as saying he wants to stay because it's 'home'. 

23 minutes ago, N4L said:

I don't have an athletic subscription, but I saw a headline this morning of AJ saying something like "it isn't about the money, I've got enough"

I take that to mean "I want to win" and that he won't re-sign. 

Then I actually read the article where is quoted as saying he wants to stay because it's 'home'. 

Basically to him it's more about building a career that everyone will respect and remember than chasing rings or money. He idolizes Larry Fitzgerald. 

I think he ultimately resigns with the Bengals, and if he can shake this injury problem, he has several great years left. 

• Like 2