Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Someone like Colt McCoy or Keenum could be had super cheap I'm sure. Not saying either are an actual upgrade, but if they felt like that. 

I'd actually call both of these guys as upgrades over Matt Moore. This spot with weapons such as Kelce and Hill would actually work very well with Case, who still throws a very nice deep ball.

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

If Patty seems to be ok they wait. Will say this is one of the few spots and times where Kaep could actually happen. Such an Andy move

but I doubt it

Kaep would be such a great move for KC. Assuming his skill set maintained, he's got the sort of style to operate this offense effectively, at the least.

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Elway’s a gambling GM.  It’s his weakness.  Why he drafted tools-only guys Day 2 for so long because he wanted the home run each time.  But it’s also why he won’t ever go for the safe deal until it’s an half-hour before the deadline and only if it’s the best available deal.    

If PHI is the only interested suitor everything you say makes sense.  That scenario where PHI is the only legit bidder seems very doubtful, though.  Then it’s a matter of who is willing to offer the best deal.  Making a marginal-gain but 100 percent certainty offer isn’t a deal that Elway will jump on early.   His entire history as a GM says this. 

Yeah, could be two opposing GM types that don’t gel. Both aren’t willing to just get a move done. If a team comes in like the Rams with little care for the future or compensation, nothing is happening with Harris and the Eagles.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, could be two opposing GM types that don’t gel. Both aren’t willing to just get a move done. If a team comes in like the Rams with little care for the future or compensation, nothing is happening with Harris and the Eagles.

I actually think Elway and Howie are very similar and opposites do attract. 

Not saying Howie is a bad gm he's ran that market with trades phenomenally. 

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Maybe they do a combo deal though overpay a little on Harris to get a little but of a bargain for Von. 

Howie has to have contracts he wants to move Aghlor is literally sitting there rotting .

If Von is available, I’m sure some players will be discussed. His cap hit is high

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Kaep would be such a great move for KC. Assuming his skill set maintained, he's got the sort of style to operate this offense effectively, at the least.

Would be interesting for sure. At this point though I’m not sure if he’s even trying to come back for anything but a chance to start spot (which will never happen until he’d come back for a move like this)

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

His skills were deteriorating when he was benched in SF for Blaine Gabbert. I'd be absolutely shocked if he is even a mediocre QB after being out of the game for a number of years, even in the best situation. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a chance...mainly to put all of the speculation to bed.

Just now, Kiltman said:

Would be interesting for sure. At this point though I’m not sure if he’s even trying to come back for anything but a chance to start spot (which will never happen until he’d come back for a move like this)

It's his best bet, too. This offense has Ferrari-like capabilities, Kaep could put up some impressive numbers in a few starts and get his value pushed up.

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

His skills were deteriorating when he was benched in SF for Blaine Gabbert. I'd be absolutely shocked if he is even a mediocre QB after being out of the game for a number of years, even in the best situation. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a chance...mainly to put all of the speculation to bed.

To be fair, he was recovering from shoulder surgery, too. He had always been on a decline since his SB run, but I feel as if the decline that led to the benching was more due to injury.

I think this injury is a blessing in disguise for Pat and the Chiefs. Let the ankle heal too with no pressure to return. The Raiders look to be the only threat in the division and they whooped them 28 to 10.

Let Matt Moore run the offense and see what you can accomplish.  Maybe the unit as a whole gets better and doesn't rely on Mahomes.

The Chargers feel like their hot finishes are not enough anymore.  Rivers is no spring Chicken.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

To be fair, he was recovering from shoulder surgery, too. He had always been on a decline since his SB run, but I feel as if the decline that led to the benching was more due to injury.

There is some truth to that. I think that is was probably multifactorial. I just get the impression that many still believe that Kaepernick if would be a great QB if it wasn't for all of the political stuff that kept him out of the game. I don't think that there is much truth to that. He'd likely stayed in the league, but I'm doubtful that he would have ever been a decent starter ever again. The injury was a definite factor...but the league had also figured him out like the many running QBs before him. 

• Like 1