Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

There is some truth to that. I think that is was probably multifactorial. I just get the impression that many still believe that Kaepernick if would be a great QB if it wasn't for all of the political stuff that kept him out of the game. I don't think that there is much truth to that. He'd likely stayed in the league, but I'm doubtful that he would have ever been a decent starter ever again. The injury was a definite factor...but the league had also figured him out like the many running QBs before him. 

Fully agree with everything here - I don't think he'd be great, but I think the situation in KC would position him to look great (which is different, slightly). 

12 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

His skills were deteriorating when he was benched in SF for Blaine Gabbert. I'd be absolutely shocked if he is even a mediocre QB after being out of the game for a number of years, even in the best situation. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a chance...mainly to put all of the speculation to bed.

"Benched" when he was dealing with a bunch of injuries? Benched when he got three offseason surgeries after 2015 and then once he got healthy he took his spot back and played MUCH better than Gabbert did? Let's not let the facts get in the way........................

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

"Benched" when he was dealing with a bunch of injuries? Benched when he got three offseason surgeries after 2015 and then once he got healthy he took his spot back and played MUCH better than Gabbert did? Let's not let the facts get in the way........................

Injuries are a part of the game. They are probably the most important part of the game...as KC is currently learning. Gabbert is trash...there's not argument there. But this idea that Kaepernick would be a decent starting QB at this point is pure fantasy.

13 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, could be two opposing GM types that don’t gel. Both aren’t willing to just get a move done. If a team comes in like the Rams with little care for the future or compensation, nothing is happening with Harris and the Eagles.

Yeah don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to say Roseman has to see Elway’s perspective and cave.  It’s more how Elway operates.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to say Roseman has to see Elway’s perspective and cave.  It’s more how Elway operates.  

Roseman operates the same way lol. Remember when Elway called to inquire about Bradford haha?

There's a reason Evan Mathis, Mark Sanchez, Allan Barbere were the only recent moves in recent history to be completed.  

Both gms drive a hard bargain I get a kick out of it. Elway has a lot of leverage right now because the Eagles fanbase isn't going to lose passion until they're out of it.

Edited by thebestever6

8 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Injuries are a part of the game. They are probably the most important part of the game...as KC is currently learning. Gabbert is trash...there's not argument there. But this idea that Kaepernick would be a decent starting QB at this point is pure fantasy.

The argument that he shouldn't be in the league because he got benched for Gabbert is pure fantasy.

I have no idea if he can come in and be a decent starting QB at this point...I mean no one can. How can you? He hasn't played for three years now. But the last time he was on the field, he had the absolute worst supporting cast imaginable and still was a decent starting QB. That is a FACT. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

The argument that he shouldn't be in the league because he got benched for Gabbert is pure fantasy.

I have no idea if he can come in and be a decent starting QB at this point...I mean no one can. How can you? He hasn't played for three years now. But the last time he was on the field, he had the absolute worst supporting cast imaginable and still was a decent starting QB. That is a FACT. 

Every qb that gets older goes through this hows andy daltons supporting cast? How about steve McNair end of titans tenure? How about eli Manning at the end of his Giants tenure last 4 to 5 years?

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

When did I say that? I never said he shouldn't be in the league. I said I don't think that he would be a serviceable starting QB. I base that on him not being a serviceable starting QB when he left the game, and now the game has passed him by for three complete seasons. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Every qb that gets older goes through this hows andy daltons supporting cast? How about steve McNair end of titans tenure? How about eli Manning at the end of his Giants tenure last 4 to 5 years?

Huh? What argument are you even trying to make here? I'm strictly pointing out to how flawed the argument of Gabbert beating him out was when instead once he got healthy, he clearly showed he was the superior QB and looked like a decent starting QB....Despite having the worst supporting cast in the league. 

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

When did I say that? I never said he shouldn't be in the league. I said I don't think that he would be a serviceable starting QB. I base that on him not being a serviceable starting QB when he left the game, and now the game has passed him by for three complete seasons. 

Cool, and I already said no one can say for sure he would still be a decent starting QB.....Since we haven't seen him in three years. But he surely was that the last time he played...And mainly, I wanted to point out just how flawed the argument of him getting benched for Gabbert was. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Huh? What argument are you even trying to make here? I'm strictly pointing out to how flawed the argument of Gabbert beating him out was when instead once he got healthy, he clearly showed he was the superior QB and looked like a decent starting QB....Despite having the worst supporting cast in the league. 

If your argument is he's better than Gabbert I completely agree.

The supporting cast comment just screams excuse to me though . Hows Russell Wilson's supprting cast been since Baldwin and Beast mode left? 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Cool, and I already said no one can say for sure he would still be a decent starting QB.....Since we haven't seen him in three years. But he surely was that the last time he played...And mainly, I wanted to point out just how flawed the argument of him getting benched for Gabbert was. 

So you think he would IMPROVE over his time away from the league? That's not logical...at all