Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Really? Even if you guys lose this week, you think? I figured Walker would be a guy that you'd be willing to move on from this year. 

Anything’s possible obviously but I don’t see it. Even if we lose this week I don’t see Robinson and Vrabel throwing in the towel and trading Delanie would reflect that to the locker room. He’s still performing as a top 5-10 TE in my eyes and that’s even after a broken leg. It’s not his fault his production isnt reflecting his play (bye Mariota). This is also my opinion but I believe he can keep it going for another 2-3 years. He doesn’t have the wear and tear on his body that a 35 year old TE normally does

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Anything’s possible obviously but I don’t see it. Even if we lose this week I don’t see Robinson and Vrabel throwing in the towel and trading Delanie would reflect that to the locker room. He’s still performing as a top 5-10 TE in my eyes and that’s even after a broken leg. It’s not his fault his production isnt reflecting his play (bye Mariota). This is also my opinion but I believe he can keep it going for another 2-3 years. He doesn’t have the wear and tear on his body that a 35 year old TE normally does

I'm more curious about the potential Availability of Corey Davis after they signed Humph and drafted Brown. Any chance he could be had? 

58 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

They better start using him than...   As it stands dude is a glorified fullback/h-back he blocks like 80% of the snaps hes on the field.

Not disagreeing with this especially as an owner of his in several dynasty leagues. Something has to give there.

Basically this is all smokescreen from MIA.   A RB like Drake isn't going to command a huge FA deal next offseason, especially with the 2020 draft class.  So he's not getting a big comp pick back...and with MIA having to spend $ to keep up with the cap floor, he's likely going to get washed out pick-wise in the formula - and wait until 2021 to get the pick, to boot.

If a RB-needy team that wanted either a competent backup to an injury-risk guy, or a pass-catch threat who's also capable at 2-down work, then MIA would bite right now at a 5th, but by Oct. 29th, I'd be shocked if they didn't take even a conditional 6th.   It's not like we don't know the score in MIA, nor do the other 31 teams.  MIA is just hoping a team gets pressed by need and pays a higher price than the back-end Day 3 picks likely being offered.  If there's one deal I'd be the house on this deadline, it's Drake - to - anywhere.

On that note - I hope fantasy owners already picked up Mark Walton.   Ballage is AWFUL and been rightfully sent to the bench.  Walton would take over most of the work, and with garbage time, that's WW gold.  He's also cheaply signed for 2020-21 with this being his 2nd year of service time - ERFA in 2020, RFA in 2021 (and being a 4th round draftee by CIN, an original round tender at below 2M is an easy call).   So there's keeper appeal, and while the team is awful - garbage time matters.  MIA RB's put up about 20-25 PPR points a game even without TD's.   So thank me later...

Edited by Broncofan

11 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I'm more curious about the potential Availability of Corey Davis after they signed Humph and drafted Brown. Any chance he could be had? 

I asked about that earlier. 

I want the 49ers to be all over that if he were to be available lol. 

• Like 1