Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah Von on the market would perk up a lot of ears and open those phone lines. Makes any team better.
Would be a solid play for both sides, but yeah can't see it happening.

The quicker the first domino falls the more likely it is to happen.  Say Harris goes for a second on monday or Sanders for a 3rd. 

You can say Von Miller isn't for sale, but the reality is what price is it going to take to sell. This is going to be a super fun 11 days.

4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Are you saying he's already been traded?

No I'm saying 4 teams are probably in a bidding war and the best offer will win. And those other teams have until Monday to beat it. 

Here's the price blank. Here's what it's gonna take to beat it. Oh, you matched that price let other teams know and they have until monday to beat it type deal.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Elway was a used car salesman Von is the best car left in the lot. I really like that car they don't make them like that anymore. That car is the one I drove on the most memorable trip of my life I can't let it go for anything less than this. In reality if a team gets close to that price or matches it he gone lol.

Yes but the car will be 31 years old when the new season starts, has 200,000 miles on it and already the engine blew up once and had to be replaced. 

1 minute ago, FinSting said:

Yes but the car will be 31 years old when the new season starts, has 200,000 miles on it and already the engine blew up once and had to be replaced. 

Still helps out a contender the rest of the year. And I think on the right defense Von will age very well. 

If Denver could have traded for DeMarcus Ware during the 2012 season with 3 years left on the deal. I would have paid 2 firsts for that. You know what our two firsts turned into in 2013 2014? Sylvester Williams, and Bradley Roby lol. 

Not saying Miller is Ware but you catch my drift. For the right team Denver will get a nice haul and the team will get an instant impact player. 

What has a team like say Philly done in the draft the last 3 years? Derrick Barnett meh, Dallas Goedert great pick, Sidney Jones woof, Andre Dillard looks nice. There's a whole lot of nothing in a lot of their drafts. If I was Philly I'd consider an overpay of the duo of Von and chris harris. And send some contracts back Denvers way. 

This way you pay for them to clear space, and have your window extended. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Still helps out a contender the rest of the year. And I think on the right defense Von will age very well. 

If Denver could have traded for DeMarcus Ware during the 2012 season with 3 years left on the deal. I would have paid 2 firsts for that. You know what our two firsts turned into in 2013 2014? Sylvester Williams, and Bradley Roby lol. 

Von is valuable, just not 2 1sts valuable. Let's get those trade talks going. 

Just now, FinSting said:

Von is valuable, just not 2 1sts valuable. Let's get those trade talks going. 

After Sam Bradford got traded for a first in 2015 I NEVER assume value. 

Idk what Seattle pays, Philly, Colts, dark horse team.

There's always a gm out there that gets a little crazy I could see Howie Roseman getting a little crazy. Or heck Gruden gets crazy all the time I'd trade him to the Raiders for an overpay lol. He loves vets and why not give Las Vegas something to look forward too.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

After Sam Bradford got traded for a first in 2015 I NEVER assume value. 

Idk what Seattle pays, Philly, Colts, dark horse team.

There's always a gm out there that gets a little crazy I could see Howie Roseman getting a little crazy. Or heck Gruden gets crazy all the time I'd trade him to the Raiders for an overpay lol. He loves vets and why not give Las Vegas something to look forward too.

I think that will forever be an example of right place, right time. It does speak to the fact that desperation is a bastard that will create lopsided moves.

But I can’t see a team doing that for a half year rental on Harris, but especially Sanders. Harris could net an ok pick next year in the comp pick formula. But there will be a ton of younger corners hitting the market, so it won’t be a pure sellers market.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Harris will be held until the 29th unless a team offers a 2nd IMO, especially if it's team easily projected to be in the 20's like PHI slot-wise.    Delusional would be asking for a 1st, for a rental IMO it's not happening.   Asking for a 2nd works for Roseman, since a guy like Harris will get a top 10 contract, so end-of-3rd 2021 compensation is very likely.   It's why I truly don't see Elway taking a 3rd from anyone, understanding the added value in the comp pick formula given Harris' contract guarantees he hits the open market as a UFA who won't be tagged, so will get top-value offers barring serious injury.

Sanders is probably at a 3rd or 4th - again, more likely to be a 3rd if it's a team like PHI.  As DEN owns 2 3rds, I could also see a 2nd and 4th for DEN or PIT 3rd  (one, not both picks) type scenario, too.

I can’t see Howie giving up a 2nd unless their is more to the deal. He’s an older corner that will be a free agent next year. And Sanders is an old Wr that will be the same. I think if they both had manageable contracts maybe. Anything can happen

Knowing Howie is limit is a 3rd for Harris and a 5th for Sanders to get the deal done. He maybe ups it to a 3rd and 4th if he’s getting both of them.

Von is the only player he’d go a little stupid over

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I can’t see Howie giving up a 2nd unless their is more to the deal. He’s an older corner that will be a free agent next year. And Sanders is an old Wr that will be the same. I think if they both had manageable contracts maybe. Anything can happen

Knowing Howie is limit is a 3rd for Harris and a 5th for Sanders to get the deal done. He maybe ups it to a 3rd and 4th if he’s getting both of them.

TBH then IMO Elway will wait it out to the 29th, and see if another team is willing to go the 2nd route and get him before Week 8's games start.   If ARI isn't willing to deal P-Pete, Harris is the only game in town.  The marginal difference between a late 3rd in 2020 and an end-of-3rd in 2021 (realizing that if DEN made a big splash signing of their own, it would negate it, of course) isn't really worth selling a week before the deadline.   That's the calculus each buyer has to face.   

With Sanders, there's more leverage on the buyer's end, simply because WR's need time to integrate into a system.    And Sanders is by no means elite - maybe the best WR available, but the impact isn't nearly as strong as a blanket CB can be.   So his contract in 2020 won't net a great comp pick return if DEN held serve there.   But with Harris, he's getting paid top 10 FA $ AAV wise (which is what the comp pick formula is based on), since elite CB's are sought after all the time - especially one who can do it outside and in the slot - and Harris is unique in that he's great both outside and elite in the slot, likely still the best (but also a top 6-10 outside cover CB).   At age 30, he simply won't get a 4-5 year deal with 3+ years guaranteed - more likley a 3 year deal with 2 guaranteed, but comp-pick wise, he's getting paid, barring injury.

I don't see Elway making a deal for Harris until the 29th unless a team offers a 2nd, and by the 29th, he'll probably choose the team with the best chance to finish lower in standings / playoff outcome - that's where PHI's current position and outlook hurts their offer of a 3rd.   He did the same with DT last year, hoping someone would pay a 4th when it appeared to be a pipe dream, until HOU's injury to Fuller forced their hand.   With Sanders, the return is based more on the hope that teams are that desperate - the comp pick return being much lower puts Elway in a spot where he likely has to sell as much as a buyer needs to get Sanders.  It's just a Q of how much motivation is driving either side, and how many teams are bidding, of course. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I also don't think Sanders will net much in a future contract either -- The 2020 Wide Receiver class is unlike anything we've seen in recent years. It's probably the strength of that class.

Between Jeudy, Ruggs, Reagor, Higgins, Johnson (Tyler), Shenault & Lamb not to mention guys like Collin Johnson -- it's just an incredibly stacked class that Front Offices will surely look at when looking to sign FA Wide Receivers in the offseason.

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I can't see it ending much differently for him than Coby Fleener with the Saints. 

The Saints are linked to all things receiver. I'd be pretty surprised if they don't add someone else. I don't know how I feel about Eifert. The talent at least was there at some point, but what does the guy have left after his slew of injuries. and of course, he will always be an astronomically high injury risk. I suppose the Saints could get him for practically nothing and he does have some upside. He'd probably still be an upgrade as a #2 TE behind Cook, as Josh Hill is a pretty awful receiver and better suited just for running downs. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the Saints got both Eifert AND a WR like Green or Sanders. Payton is absolutely fearless when it comes to trading draft assets. The Saints are among the deepest teams in the NFL, and the truth of the matter is that most incoming rookies aren't going to make this Saints team. It makes no sense to go into the draft with 6+ picks knowing that only 2-3 may actually make the team. Might as well get something for those low yield picks that can help the team this year during the Brees window.

• Like 2