Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

9 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

If your argument is he's better than Gabbert I completely agree.

The supporting cast comment just screams excuse to me though . Hows Russell Wilson's supprting cast been since Baldwin and Beast mode left? 

My argument is the only reason he got "benched" was because he was not healthy. Once he got healthy, he took over the starting spot and never looked back and clearly outplayed Gabbert.

My point was that he showed he was a decent starting QB DESPITE playing with the worst supporting cast in the league. Why are you bringing Wilson in this when he is clearly an elite QB and future HOFer? He is much more than just a "decent" starting QB.

10 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Gabbert sucks and should of never beaten him out unless he never got healthy. 

Correct, and when he did get healthy, we saw what happened.

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

So you think he would IMPROVE over his time away from the league? That's not logical...at all

Improve from time away? Huh? When did I ever state that? All I stated was no one knows what kind of QB he will be now after being out for three years but the last time we did see him, he was a decent starting QB. 

Personally, I'd have no interest in trading for Emmanuel Sanders unless you think you're a Super Bowl contender this year AND he can be had for a 3rd round or better. So.... the Patriots probably make the most sense, but Sanders is a slot guy and they already have Edelman....

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

My argument is the only reason he got "benched" was because he was not healthy. Once he got healthy, he took over the starting spot and never looked back and clearly outplayed Gabbert.

My point was that he showed he was a decent starting QB DESPITE playing with the worst supporting cast in the league. Why are you bringing Wilson in this when he is clearly an elite QB and future HOFer? He is much more than just a "decent" starting QB.

Because putting up decent numbers on a bad team doesn't make you a decent starting qb. That's an opinion brother.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Personally, I'd have no interest in trading for Emmanuel Sanders unless you think you're a Super Bowl contender this year AND he can be had for a 3rd round or better. So.... the Patriots probably make the most sense, but Sanders is a slot guy and they already have Edelman....

I think it depends on this weekends games I mean detroit looks better than I thought regardless of record, niners, packers, Vikings, Saints, Patriots. 

I forget the 4 teams listed that already inquired.

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Because putting up decent numbers on a bad team doesn't make you a decent starting qb. That's an opinion brother.

Putting up decent numbers with a terrible supporting cast does make you decent. So are you now arguing he wasn't a decent QB the last time he played? I'm not even saying he was a good or top level QB, I'm just saying he was decent....Which is exactly what he was.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Putting up decent numbers with a terrible supporting cast does make you decent. So are you now arguing he wasn't a decent QB the last time he played? I'm not even saying he was a good or top level QB, I'm just saying he was decent....Which is exactly what he was.

So Bortles was decent in Jacksonville a couple of years and deserves to be a starter? He was in the NFL's top 100 at one point. 

He played decent on a bad team put up good garbage time stats. Still would not call him a decent starting qb. And he's being paid as a 1 million dollar backup right now and got humbled. 

Boom! Mic drop 

Edited by thebestever6

34 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

So Bortles was decent in Jacksonville a couple of years and deserves to be a starter? He was in the NFL's top 100 at one point. 

He played decent on a bad team put up good garbage time stats. Still would not call him a decent starting qb. And he's being paid as a 1 million dollar backup right now and got humbled. 

Boom! Mic drop 

Bortles was NOT a decent starting QB the last time we saw him. Kaepernick on the other hand? He was. These would have been Kaepernick's stats if he played 16 games if you extrapolate what he had done in the 11 games he started:

285-481 59% 3,260 yards 6.8 YPA 23 TDs 6 INTs, 90.7 QB Rating, 100 rushes 681 yards, 3 TDs

Is that a top level QB or anything? Nope, but is that a decent starting QB? Yep, and that is exactly what he was in 2016. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

@J-ALL-DAY you win debating about a guy who had a 1-10 record as a starter the last season he played, and him being decent isn't fun. 

If my aunt had blank shed be my uncle.

If chip Kelly's offense wasn't a blank he'd still be in the NFL coaching. You know my thoughts.

Ah yes, the good ole win/loss record!!!! 

I presented my facts with Kaepernick. Never once said he was a good QB or anything, but just cleared up a few flawed arguments against him...Also, never tried to sway your opinion on what you or others think of him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

No record isn't the point you use if to extrapolate numbers. 

Kap was on the same trajectory as Bortles and if you want to be naive to that point that's on you. You win the debate I'm conceding. 

Once again, this isn't about "winning" anything.

Extrapolating to a full 16 games season when a QB plays 11 games is perfectly fine. Not like I am extrapolating numbers after a four or five game sample. A 11 game sample is big enough to do this. 

Your argument was that Bortles had a few decent seasons but that doesn't mean he deserves to be a starter. I'm telling you that the last time we saw him play, he was NOT decent starting QB level....Unlike Kaepernick. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY