Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Rams tried to trade Marcus Peters for Joel Bitonio.

That’s garbage.

Where'd you hear that?

If true, why on Earth would the Rams think we'd do that? Why would we trade one of our only two good linemen for a hit or miss CB when CB should be a position of strength for us when Ward and Greedy come back? Just laughable.

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Yes Denver.

Have a fire sale before we play you. Send out Chris Harris Jr.

Sanders makes a lot of sense to be traded given where they are at. However, I am not supporting them just giving good players away for a bunch of mid-round picks just because. If your going to trade Sanders or Harris, I would not budge unless its a 3rd for Sanders and a 1st for Harris. If your going to trade these guys to rebuild, you have to get their value in trades and not just dump moves for the sake of the salary cap.

Both players I feel have 3-4 really good WR2 and CB1 years left in them. Better make sure the compensation is correct. Teams a desperate around the deadline, use that to your advantage Denver

Edited by AkronsWitness

7 hours ago, Forge said:

You could trade them Mo Sanu instead. 

As much as i love Sanu and think he is exactly the type of person you need on your team.   His contract is gonna be 7 or 8 mil next year for a #4  or 5 option on the team and we are gonna need to shed some Cap.  Sanu is a perfect way to do that while actually getting a solid return back.   If we could net say a 3rd or 4th round pick for Sanu i think you have to do that everytime if someone is willing to give that.

13 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Sanders makes a lot of sense to be traded given where they are at. However, I am not supporting them just giving good players away for a bunch of mid-round picks just because. If your going to trade Sanders or Harris, I would not budge unless its a 3rd for Sanders and a 1st for Harris. If your going to trade these guys to rebuild, you have to get their value in trades and not just dump moves for the sake of the salary cap.

Both players I feel have 3-4 really good WR2 and CB1 years left in them. Better make sure the compensation is correct. Teams a desperate around the deadline, use that to your advantage Denver

Both are expiring contracts, neither are going to get what you would get for them if they had more control over them.  As a Saints fan, especially with Apple going down, I'd give up a 1st for both with Denver eating the required money needed for the trade to happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

Both are expiring contracts, neither are going to get what you would get for them if they had more control over them.  As a Saints fan, especially with Apple going down, I'd give up a 1st for both with Denver eating the required money needed for the trade to happen.

Its not up to them though, Denver is in the drivers seat with the trades and they dictate price, not the team trading for them. They also dont have to trade them and can collect the comp picks which would probably be a 3rd and a 4th. If a team wants to trade for them and from everything that has been reported they have been receiving trade calls from a bunch of teams for 3+ weeks about both players---so the market is there. Its going to go to highest bidder.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Its not up to them though, Denver is in the drivers seat with the trades and they dictate price, not the team trading for them. They also dont have to trade them and can collect the comp picks which would probably be a 3rd and a 4th. If a team wants to trade for them and from everything that has been reported they have been receiving trade calls from a bunch of teams for 3+ weeks about both players---so the market is there. Its going to go to highest bidder.

I think the offers they are getting though are probably a 3rd and a 5th respectively for them though and that's why they haven't traded them.  I think at best they might hope to get a 2nd and a 3rd individually for them, which is still better than the projected comp picks they would get for them, which pretty sure would be for the 2021 draft, not the 2020 draft, and they are probably holding out for that valuation.

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

I think the offers they are getting though are probably a 3rd and a 5th respectively for them though and that's why they haven't traded them.  I think at best they might hope to get a 2nd and a 3rd individually for them, which is still better than the projected comp picks they would get for them, which pretty sure would be for the 2021 draft, not the 2020 draft, and they are probably holding out for that valuation.

Then I tell every team to kick rocks and collect the comp picks lol Chris Harris is still probably the 3rd best CB in the NFL behind Ramsey and Gilmore---Im not giving that away for a BS mid round draft pick that helps nothing. I would rather keep him for the year, try to negotiate a long term deal in the offseason and if that cant be done then collect the 3rd round comp pick. Im also not giving away a top 20 WR in the NFL for a 5th, I would set the price at a 3rd and if nobody wants to meet it then take the 4th round comp pick next year for him.

I would basically be asking any team inquiring that they have to beat each players comp pick value or they are not getting moved.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Then I tell every team to kick rocks and collect the comp picks lol Chris Harris is still probably the 3rd best CB in the NFL behind Ramsey and Gilmore---Im not giving that away for a BS mid round draft pick that helps nothing. I would rather keep him for the year, try to negotiate a long term deal in the offseason and if that cant be done then collect the 3rd round comp pick. Im also not giving away a top 20 WR in the NFL for a 5th, I would set the price at a 3rd and if nobody wants to meet it then take the 4th round comp pick next year for him.

I would basically be asking any team inquiring that they have to beat each players comp pick value or they are not getting moved.

Which is also fine for Denver to do, though probably wrong for the long term growth of the team.  Honestly if Denver wanted to try and negotiate a contract with them, but also wanted to acknowledge that this season isn't going anywhere, I'd just talk to tell them straight up "Look, we've been getting a lot of calls about the two of you, we don't want to trade you, we want to keep you in the organization and give you new long term contracts, but this season isn't going as planned and we wanted to see if you guys would like to finish off the season with a team looking to contend for a Super Bowl.  If you decide that's what you would like to do, we'll make more aggressive negotiations and let you know the teams interested and try to send you to the team you prefer.  When free agency starts though we'll be waiting to try and get you guys back here for what will hopefully be a better season."

14 minutes ago, Raves said:

Which is also fine for Denver to do, though probably wrong for the long term growth of the team.  Honestly if Denver wanted to try and negotiate a contract with them, but also wanted to acknowledge that this season isn't going anywhere, I'd just talk to tell them straight up "Look, we've been getting a lot of calls about the two of you, we don't want to trade you, we want to keep you in the organization and give you new long term contracts, but this season isn't going as planned and we wanted to see if you guys would like to finish off the season with a team looking to contend for a Super Bowl.  If you decide that's what you would like to do, we'll make more aggressive negotiations and let you know the teams interested and try to send you to the team you prefer.  When free agency starts though we'll be waiting to try and get you guys back here for what will hopefully be a better season."

That could work but I only see that applying to Sanders. With the emergence of Sutton as a long term WR1 that essentially made Sanders expendable if the price is right. Harris Im not sure they have any interest in moving unless its a great offer (1st+). Elway was the one who signed Harris as a UDFA and Im not sure getting rid of one of the best CBs in the NFL helps your team get better unless it nets you at least one high level asset in return. Same reason why the Cardinals have never traded Peterson.

Considering Harris also plays a premium position, unlike Sanders who is more easy to replace with a 2nd or 3rd round pick-- I expect there to be hesitation to move him regardless and they can hope to pay him his asking price after the season is over. If they know he has no interest in signing a 3/35 type of deal then it changes things.

Edited by AkronsWitness

Harris already has renegotiated a contract this year that says he can't be franchised.  He's walking, and there's literally zero chance Elway can keep him - Harris rightfully feels he gave DEN a hometown discount, and this is his last chance to hit on a big AAV contract, even if it's only for 3 years (and 2 guaranteed) entering his age 31 year.   He's shown zero signs of decline and he can play both slot (elite, top 3) and outside (top 10) CB.   DEN is out to get max value now. 

Also keep in mind that with their win today - ARI GM Steve Keim is out to save his job for 2020.   So that likely means his statement that P-Pete isn't for sale may be legit.  In which case - Elway is fortunate enough to be the only seller with an elite cover CB.   So knowing that - he's not going to be in a rush to sell at buyer bargain prices, but at his price.

So what' the price to get Harris Jr. tomorrow?  I'd say likely a 2nd until Oct. 29th, then the best 3rd round pick offered.   If ppl want him before next Sun's game, it probably has to be a 2nd (and I'd guess a 5th might be going back if that's a sticking point).    But anyone who thinks we can somehow extend Harris Jr. isn't paying attention to the reality that he made his intent clear to leave at end of season - and a holdout was only prevented by reworking a deal to include the no-franchise agreement.  So he's gone. 

As for Sanders' price....

Edited by Broncofan

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Harris already has renegotiated a contract this year that says he can't be franchised.  He's walking, and there's literally zero chance Elway can keep him - Harris rightfully feels he gave DEN a hometown discount, and this is his last chance to hit on a big AAV contract, even if it's only for 3 years (and 2 guaranteed) entering his age 31 year.   He's shown zero signs of decline and he can play both slot (elite, top 3) and outside (top 10) CB.   DEN is out to get max value now. 

Also keep in mind that with their win today - ARI GM Steve Keim is out to save his job for 2020.   So that likely means his statement that P-Pete isn't for sale may be legit.  In which case - Elway is fortunate enough to be the only seller with an elite cover CB.   So knowing that - he's not going to be in a rush to sell at buyer bargain prices, but at his price.

So what' the price to get Harris Jr. tomorrow?  I'd say likely a 2nd until Oct. 29th, then the best 3rd round pick offered.   If ppl want him before next Sun's game, it probably has to be a 2nd (and I'd guess a 5th might be going back if that's a sticking point).    But anyone who thinks we can somehow extend Harris Jr. isn't paying attention to the reality that he made his intent clear to leave at end of season - and a holdout was only prevented by reworking a deal to include the no-franchise agreement.  So he's gone. 

As for Sanders' price....

So 1st round for Both, with Denver restructuring their contracts to be mostly signing bonus so the Saints can make the deal work under teh cap

5 minutes ago, Raves said:

So 1st round for Both, with Denver restructuring their contracts to be mostly signing bonus so the Saints can make the deal work under teh cap

I would do it for sure.   A 2nd and a 3rd = a 1st.   Taking on 10M to get the 1st is well worth it.

Too bad I'm not the GM lol.

Edited by Broncofan