Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Contenders should thank Fangio for deciding to run on 3rd and 5, Brissett for evading a game-ending sack in his own EZ and then firing a 35 yard completion to TY Hilton, and then Adam Vinateiri for bailing out Reich for playing for a 50+ yard FG by nailing it.    Elway's going to sell Harris Jr., Wolfe and anyone not signed beyond 2020.   Gotsis can be had for pretty anything, a 2nd round bust who can fill a rotational run-stuffing DL role.    

How about you just trade Von and Sutton to the Bills:)

The Miami Dolphins have agreed in principle to a trade involving running back Kenyan Drake, according to a league source, and Drake did not accompany the team to Pittsburgh for Monday night’s game against the Steelers.

The identity of the team acquiring Drake was not immediately known, but an agreement was reached Saturday night.

Per the Miami herald

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Miami Dolphins have agreed in principle to a trade involving running back Kenyan Drake, according to a league source, and Drake did not accompany the team to Pittsburgh for Monday night’s game against the Steelers.

The identity of the team acquiring Drake was not immediately known, but an agreement was reached Saturday night.

Per the Miami herald

Heard it was detroit due to their rb injuries.

@theuntouchable @Nazgul @Dwight_Schrute

any perceived truth to these rumours?

2 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

There’s been rumors of it. Haven’t seen anything concrete though. 

I guess the deal's apparently been agreed to - but MIA hasn't played yet, while the other team has - so they have to wait to announce it (otherwise if they had agreed to it, need to close roster space etc.).

That sounds a lot like DET/TEN, since both teams won, but both teams could use a RB (TEN to fill the Dion Lewis role and also give Derrick Henry a breather, and DET for Drake to be the main guy - Ty Johnson & Tra Carson aren't the answer, and McKissic is really just a scat back...).

Edited by Broncofan

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I guess the deal's apparently been agreed to - but MIA hasn't played yet, while the other team has - so they have to wait to announce it (otherwise if they had agreed to it, need to close roster space etc.).

That sounds a lot like DET/TEN, since both teams won, but both teams could use a RB (TEN to fill the Dion Lewis role and also give Derrick Henry a breather, and DET for Drake to be the main guy - Ty Johnson & Tra Carson aren't the answer, and McKissic is really just a scat back...).

It definitely makes sense for it to be Detroit and there was rumors swirling that they were talking to them about it. 

I thought Johnson and Carson showed some flashes but I feel like Carson is known to be who he is and Johnson is a big unknown. Johnson definitely has some speed but I don’t think he’d be an every down runner kinda guy. 

4 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

It definitely makes sense for it to be Detroit and there was rumors swirling that they were talking to them about it. 

I thought Johnson and Carson showed some flashes but I feel like Carson is known to be who he is and Johnson is a big unknown. Johnson definitely has some speed but I don’t think he’d be an every down runner kinda guy. 

Yeah Ty could be your long term McKissic but no one on the roster has the bellcow skillset.   Drake can do that (he also freelances too much for some OC’s why he got in Gase’s doghouse but he’s got the skills). 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah Ty could be your long term McKissic but no one on the roster has the bellcow skillset.   Drake can do that (he also freelances too much for some OC’s why he got in Gase’s doghouse but he’s got the skills). 

I would definitely be ok with the trade depending on the price. I think Kerryon has some talent but he’s not really a bell cow either and his injury history is starting to pile up already. 

Just now, theuntouchable said:

I would definitely be ok with the trade depending on the price. I think Kerryon has some talent but he’s not really a bell cow either and his injury history is starting to pile up already. 

Kerryon should be the lead dog but 12-15 carries and 5-8 catches should be his ideal.  Like Tevin Coleman gets used in SF. DET needs a Breida type guy.  Drake could be that guy if they keep him. 

MIA was asking for a 4th but no one was offering more than a 6th.   Drake refused to even counter an extension and Mark Walton is clearly the MIA future.   I’d guess a 5th gets it done but we will see.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Kerryon should be the lead dog but 12-15 carries and 5-8 catches should be his ideal.  Like Tevin Coleman gets used in SF. DET needs a Breida type guy.  Drake could be that guy if they keep him. 

MIA was asking for a 4th but no one was offering more than a 6th.   Drake refused to even counter an extension and Mark Walton is clearly the MIA future.   I’d guess a 5th gets it done but we will see.  

It’s hard for me to say he should be the lead dog. He looked great his rookie year but this year was pretty rough for him outside of one game against a poor run defense. It wouldn’t surprise me to see someone step in and have it be more like a 50/50 time share going forward. I think he definitely has some talent but he has some limitations. Couple that with a bad injury history and I’m not so sure he should get the bulk of the carries. 

I would guess a 5th as well and Would be ok with that. 

The Bengals could get a first-round pick for injured receiver A.J. Green -- an unrestricted free agent at season's end who won't be back there -- but owner Mike Brown refuses to entertain the idea, sources said. The Bengals were also getting repeated calls about Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, Tyler Eifert and Drew Kirkpatrick, sources said, but at this point some general managers aren't even sure if they're going to check back in next week given the way the Bengals have responded to this point.

"They are basically philosophically opposed to the idea of making trades," said one NFC GM. "It's a waste of time to call them. But we did. And it is what it is. You may as well be speaking a different language."

Can't say it's fun being a Bengals fan.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-trade-deadline-bengals-redskins-frustrating-other-teams-with-stubborn-no-sell-stance/

Edited by SmittyBacall
  • Like 3