Week 5 GDT - Cleveland Browns at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Giving a first up for anything less than a player in their prime would be a franchise breaking mistake. We are at a point where we cannot mitigate bad picks by picking up expensive FA's. We need our first round picks to fill in holes with top tier talent at good cost. Trading a first for AJG, even with a second coming back is not a good move. We've invested money and draft capital into young receivers and they should be able to get it done.  If we're not sure, that they're right, Ir ather take a chance trading for someone like Corey Davis or Stefon Diggs (though Diggs would probably cost a first, not sure about that).

• Like 3

Gameday is finally here! With the injuries in the Cleveland secondary I am more confident that the 49ers will remain undefeated at night's end. Real simple gameplan to get it done. Control the LOS on offense, get Jimmy out on boot action and use the screen game to mitigate against he Cleveland pass rush. On defense, get Baker to move, disrupt the axis he likes to stand on and make him get off his first read. Line backers have to be disciplined on play action.

Super excited to watch Moseley get his chance tonight

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, gridirongorilla said:

I think the 49ers need to win pretty convincingly if they wanted to prove all the doubters wrong.

That may be true right now, but when the Browns start clicking, they're going to be a real dangerous team to face toward the end of the season. By week 17, a simple win against the Browns could be considered impressive.

1 hour ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Super excited to watch Moseley get his chance tonight

Same here. Watching him this preseason and in the little action he has had in-game has been very encouraging. I have far higher hopes for him than I had when Mabin was getting his opportunity. I don't know if that means capable backup should a starter go down/key special teams contributor or if it means a potential future replacement for Sherman, but I am not terrified of having him out there. I hope that remains the case tomorrow. 

37 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

According to ESPN, the line on this game moved a little bit in the last couple of days. The Niners are now 5 point favorites. We started out as 3 point favorites at the beginning of the week. ESPN also says we have a 76% chance to win tonight, but I'm not sure how much that means.

It means about as much as a subscription to Sports Illustrated means

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Same here. Watching him this preseason and in the little action he has had in-game has been very encouraging. I have far higher hopes for him than I had when Mabin was getting his opportunity. I don't know if that means capable backup should a starter go down/key special teams contributor or if it means a potential future replacement for Sherman, but I am not terrified of having him out there. I hope that remains the case tomorrow. 

I have really liked what I have seen from the kid so far. In camp he was very fluid and limited damage when allowing a catch. He is a very willing tackler with good length and is physical. He ahs stood out to me when given the opportunities. I would really love to see him have an impact.

39 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Good luck tonight, gents. You've guys have been real cool discussing the game this week. Hope we kick your butts tonight but I wish you luck the rest of the way. 😜

Bad luck to you tonight in everything but injuries. But may you fumble every time a Brown holds the ball.

But then seriously, please take the AFC North. 

• Like 1