SNF: Colts at Chiefs

AFlaccoSeagulls

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Having been there before myself, it's a brutal recovery, but adrenaline kicks in really quick in that situation so he's really not feeling a lot of pain right now, it's more shock and personal alarm at "my foot isn't supposed to be pointed like that."

Recovery is freaking brutal though.

What was rehab like? Painful or...

• Like 1

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Their offense has looked average as hell this year but they have a great defense. Its TBD if the reason their defense is looking good is because they have faced Colt McCoy, Josh Allen, Matt Barkley, Luke Falk, Ryan Fitzpatrick and broken Big Ben. They have literally faced 5 of the worst 8 QBs currently on NFL rosters to start 5-0. Per usual.

I agree. I actually think NEs offense will look even more avg as the seasons goes on. Their defense, despite competition looks dominant. We will see as the competition picks up tho.

End of the day. Its only week 5. No narratives exist yet. Mid November is when the story will unfold.

2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Could've been a different game if we could hold on to the ball in general. Lotta drops and the McCoy fumble killed early.

It wasnt like He was holding it loose. Just a perfect punch. You know teams are practicing that every week prepping for us.

Of course we cant pull it off on defense

Just now, Chiefer said:

Im sure theres worry of losing the foot too. Thatd be my big thing through the haze of shock.

Think its a career ender for  a lineman?

Really depends.  When it happened to me, adrenaline dulled my nerve endings down there, but it wasn't like I couldn't feel that there were other things present around my leg (not like a dead leg or anything).

You've really, REALLY gotta be treated well for shock though because it absolutely comes at you like a freight train.

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Do you need a safe space after losing to winless Denver? You are really salty tonight.

I am not a Chiefs fan and the injuries and bad refs were obvious. They were just as awful in the Dallas game and someone else said they were terrible for both sides in the Baltimore game.

If you think bad refs in 2019 is a conspiracy theory then you got some problems.

Bad reffing literally happens in every game. I cant recall a single game where fans cam away saying "man great reffing tonight". Are you suggesting KC was getting the short end of calls tonight?

1 minute ago, Bolts223 said:

Eh that's a little far. Miami is historically terrible. This Redskins team is just your run of the mill terrible team that will win 2-3 games.

But my point stands. They won 33-7, hard to really knock them for that. It's hard enough to win in the NFL, let alone by 26.

I'm only pointing out that the Pats have struggled a bit too. And they are far from a well balanced juggernaut sweeping all before them. They have some serious Oline issues. KC got beat tonight, but it's ridiculous to pretend the Pats will go unchallenged in the AFC

1 minute ago, Cheesehawk said:

I'm not denying that he's been put in the worst situations possible between AZ and Miami.

But that doesn't answer my question. Other than draft pedigree, what basis do you have to say he's better than Brissett is?

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Really depends.  When it happened to me, adrenaline dulled my nerve endings down there, but it wasn't like I couldn't feel that there were other things present around my leg (not like a dead leg or anything).

You've really, REALLY gotta be treated well for shock though because it absolutely comes at you like a freight train.

How do you get treated for shock?

1 minute ago, Small Town Values said:

I'm only pointing out that the Pats have struggled a bit too. And they are far from a well balanced juggernaut sweeping all before them. They have some serious Oline issues. KC got beat tonight, but it's ridiculous to pretend the Pats will go unchallenged in the AFC

It's really not. It happened in 2016.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

What was rehab like? Painful or...

In my case, I hyper-extended and distended most of the ligaments in my ankle, and partially tore one of the others (the one that provides stability).  Rehab sucked because the most basic ankle functions (like rotating my foot inward or outward) took so much effort.  And they're constantly on you about maintaining proper form in a number of other parts of your body (glutes, back, knees) so that you're not developing imbalances as you heal and strengthen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Plat2 said:

Haven't you been paying attention the last 20 years, the Pats always "take it easy" or figure things out early or in the middle of the season where they DONT look unbeatable. It happens every year like clockwork, except for when they went 16-0 lol

Not saying the Pats won't win it all again. You'd be nuts to bet against them. Only that they'll meet resistance & it's not a foregone conclusion. 

• Like 1