SNF: Colts at Chiefs

AFlaccoSeagulls

49 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Chiefs are still the best team in the AFC imo

A team with no defense that just  lost at home to a colts defense  decimated with injuries. No chance 

If you were going to beat NE it was last year. 

Edited by CP3MVP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Small Town Values said:

That the teams were close in last year's AFCCG or Mahomes & the KC offense are looking even better this season? 

The latter. KC 5 games in has scored substantially less than 5 games last year, has a worst record, Mahomes has less tds. In fact he has 1 td in the last 10 qtrs. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Small Town Values said:

Agreed. I just believe Mahomes is perhaps the most talented QB the game has ever seen. If he's healthy & his weapons are available then anything is possible. He has the rare ability to make indefensible plays. That KC D only needs to improve to competent. Not great, just competent. 

Patrick Mahomes is undoubtably a great QB, but I’m not going to say he is the most talented QB ever. “If he’s healthy and his weapons are available then anything is possible.” Has applies to a lot of great QBs in this past generation. Look what Manning did with weapons in his prime. Look at what Brady has done. Rodgers, ect. And this league is just getting more and more passer friendly (as refs protect QBs and calling more and more PI calls). 

Edited by nextsuperstar1

6 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Why does KC get this type of respect? They just scored 13 points at home vs a Colts team that was missing a bunch of defensive starters. Mahomes in the last 10 quarters has 1 td. 

they are obviously very good. I'm not sure how anyone can logically come to the conclusion that they are the best AFC team though.

6 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

He's a Packers fan. You're coming off a bit too cocky and it's fans like you who are part of the reason why so many others hate your team and fan base.

You just sound bitter and are coming off sensitive. The reality is it isn't cocky at all to say that the Patriots are not only the best team this year, but better than last season when, like @CP3MVP said, the Chiefs had their best chance to beat the Patriots.

Usually, every season there is one team that has a chance to beat the Patriots when it matters in the playoffs. Last year it was the Chiefs. This year, maybe the Chiefs are the best challenger to the Pats in the AFC, but it's looking more and more like the Colts will be the team to have the best chance.

Edited by DoleINGout
  • Like 1

The Jets beat the Patriots in 2010, the Ravens in 12, and Giants in 07 and 11. And all of those teams were generally inferior to the Patriots that season. Any team can win in the playoffs. 

With that having been said, the Chiefs are probably worse than last year and the Patriots are probably better. And Reid is like 0-3 against the Patriots in the playoffs. So the Chiefs odds of winning a post season rematch are low.

As a Pats fan, I personally love it when other teams are considered better than the Pats, it always makes it even sweeter when they beat them... i never understood the insecurity of most pats fans to always hype our team like it needs it... the proof is always in the pudding.

They (media and other fans) want to consider the Chiefs, Rams, Saints and whatever better than the Pats, that’s fine by me...😀

ps: most people give credit to the pats, and the very few that don’t should no warrant extensive responses... just my opinion... don’t kill me for it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FinSting said:

So many times through the years I've watched pass-happy teams get schooled by good-running teams that grind it out, control the clock, play good defense.  

Reich coached that kind of gem last night. Indy is lucky to have you as coach. 

Honestly though, if the Colts could just pass a little better that would have been a blow out. Yes, the Chiefs couldn’t stop the run, except that they did stop it multiple times in the red zone. The Colts had five trips in the Red Zone and got 1 TD and kicked four field goals within 32 yards. 

• Like 2